Ending for a new beginning

My Strange Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a week of hiding, Eunjung decided to sneak back to her grandfather's office to find something that might help her. She digs up into every cabinet, accidentally, a box fell on the ground with bunch of letters addressed to her.

 

Dear Jungie~

    

          I don't expect your grandfather will let you read this, but It wont hurt to write this and send a gift to my princess. I've regretted everything I did, I didn't want out family to end up this way. But I already did what I did, and I'm so sorry. And Happy Birthday to you my little princess.

 

 

Dear Jungie,

 

          I bought a drumset for you cause I know how much you liked music. I don't think that any of my letters are being passed to you, or maybe you're really mad at me. Anyhow, Appa still loves you, and I will not stop writing. Happy Birthday.

 

 

Eunjung doesn't know how much tears she had shed these past few days, but she thinks her tears are worst today, she can't believe that the person she trusted, and loved had been lying to her in so many ways. Her father is still alive, and she didn't even had a chance to talk to him. She took the box of letters and left the mansion. She went into the address her father had written on the letter. The house is big but not as big as theirs. She stands infront of it, and watched a white car drive out. She didn't move a bit, even if it started raining. Until the white car arrived, the middle aged man approached him when the guards told him about the girl staring at their house.

 

" Uhm, Miss are you looking for someone? " the man asks.

 

Eunjung was taken aback * Is he? * her mind keeps telling her the words to ask but doesn't seem to find a way to speak them.

 

" You're already soak, here let me help you" He moved closer to Eunjung so that he can share the umbrella he's holding. 

 

" I, uhm,... Are- Are you my father? " Eunjung is finally able to say it.

 

The man stared at Eunjung like he's scanning every feature of her, he almost teared up, when he realized that it's her daughter. " My, My Eunjung ??" he hugged her and completely forgot about the umbrella, they both got soaked in the rain.

 

" Yah, Yeobo! Are you crazy? " A girl same age as her father runs to them while holding an umbrella,

 

" MY DAUGHTER IS HERE! MY PRINCESS !" Her father proudly yell, the maids run out to help their boss.

 

Eunjung is totally surprised with everything, in just a span of one week her life had fallen flat to the ground with the truth she found out, and now she's feeling like she's finally having hope.  Her father happily toured her to the house,

 

" This is your room, I'll just change my clothes keke. " her father left her so she can change, after a minute, a maid sent her changing clothes. She observed the place, and she was so amazed with all the toys, and gifts in the room, even a music set is placed there, her father didn't lie about all the gifts in the letters.

 

 

Jiyeon doesn't have any idea on what Eunjung is going through right now, she stayed in her brother's side. Her mother kept begging her to go home, and atleast eat something decent, she had been eating cup noodles for week. Her mother finally convinced her to go home, and while they were walking on the hallway.

 

*CODE BLUE, CODE BLUE, ROOM 213 *

 

Jiyeon's heart started racing, she and her mother run back to the room, and her mother almost black out, when the doctor started electrifying her brother back to life, Jiyeon turned her attention to her left and saw a man wearing a doctor's coat and was rushing out of the scene, she followed him and yelled. The man started running fast, luckily a young man with blonde hair tripped him and removed his mask.

 

" YOU! " It was Soojung, Jiyeon punched him on the face, the young man stopped her, and told the people to call the guards. Jiyeon was so angry, her head was starting to spin, she kept thinking on what possible scenario her brother could end up with. She didn't even mind who's shoulder she's crying onto. The young man, or rather named, Myungsoo let her cry for a minute there. When Jiyeon stopped, she realized that she has to run back to her brother.

 

She went back to the room, and her Father is also in there with the twin, and they were crying.

 

Jiyeon's POV

 

My knees started to feel weak, " Ani. No, no  no. " I kept shooking my head. This is not real, none of it is real.  This is just a big joke right??

 

" Jiyeon. He's -"

 

" NO! DON'T SAY IT! YOU'RE LYING! " I run to my brother and removed the blanket covering his body, I touched his face and it was so cold, I started feeling cold too " Oppa! No, please don't do this ! I still need to get you to America so you can have your surgery right?? You can't give in like this !! " Everything was spinning in my head, I wanted to cry, but I just can't anymore.

 

Even on the burial day of my brother, I didn't cry even a single tear. I feel like I just want to sleep for a thousand years, like I want my heart to just stop beating, because it just gives me a lot of pain, and I'm so tired of feeling. I want to stop having feelings,

 

Everybody else had left, I told my parents that I wanted to stay. I just stare at my brother's grave, and suddenly everything feels so heavy, then I just out.............I woke up in a middle of a forest, chirping birds, water flowing down the river, and the warm breeze is all I could hear and feel..... It seems so, Calm.

 

I walk around, and bump onto someone, " Mianhae, " I bowed repeatedly.

 

" It's okay Ji " I lift my head and stare at her face, it's Eunjung.

 

BANG!

 

I crouch and cover both of my ears, everything started burning, and was all replaced to a place I disgrace most. I was sent back to that horrible day.

 

" OPPA" I watch a little girl wake her older brother, she keeps shaking him, blood....it's all blood crawling over their bed, it started to enveloped their bedsheet, "UMMA!" she desperately run out for help, her mother showed up , and cried loudly, it was the very first she witnessed her shed tears  , soon a white van with a word 'AMBULANCE' painted on it arrives, it was all new to the little girl, she was just following her mother, and feeling useless that she didn't get to help her brother, I focused my sight on the van and wait for it to just slowly disappear, this is not just a dream.....  It's all real, this was exactly what happened that night my brother got shot in the brain with that stray bullet.............I remember it now...... Why couldn't it be me ? I was just beside him. It should have just hit me.

 

Then everything changed again, I was in a hospital, Then I saw this door slightly opened, then I saw that man, injecting something in my brother. I tried to move my feet, but they were stuck " STOP! Don't please!!" I kept yelling but he was just smiling at me. Then everything started spinning in my head, my brother's death, Eunjung, that evil man, my friends, my family, until they all slowly disappeares,,,,, one by one, and all the pain I'm feeling, it also started vaporizing....... I feel, new again.

 

 

Eunjung's POV.

 

I heard everything on the news, the hospital that Hyojoon's staying at was featured, for their lack of security. They paid for all the death expenses of Jiyeon's brother. I told my father that I want to visit them, but I never actually had the guts to do so..... I came at the burial day, I just stare at Jiyeon, she looks so pale, I so want to hug her, I want to comfort her, but how can I do that? I'll only add up to her pain. All of the people left, and she decided to stay I guess, I didn't want to leave her alone, she wasn't crying...... Then she just fell on the ground so I run to her and call an ambulance.

 

 

" Eunjung. " I heard Jiyeon's mother's voice, I was sitting beside Jiyeon, holding her hands and waiting for her to regain her consciousness.

 

" Eomma, Mianhae " I kneeled infront of her and begged her. then I felt her arms trying to make me stand,

 

" Don't do this to yourself Jungie, I knew you were trying to save me that day. I want you to forgive yourself, cause we don't blame you for anything. " She gave me a warm hug, and so I hugged her back.

 

We heard Jiyeon started moving so we called the doctor, he said that exhaustion and too much stress, are the reason why she out, But what shocked us was, when Jiyeon woke up, she didn't remember anything. So the Doctor runs some tests, 

 

" I'm afraid that your daughter is suffering through a mental illness, more often called Dissociative amnesia, women have more tendency to have this kind of disorder,  stress and traumatic event might have caused this to her. And this could also be because it runs to your family. " The doctor explained to us,

 

I could see the worriness forming in Mrs. Park's face, she asked the doctor, " But is it still possible for her to remember things ? "

 

" Ofcourse with the right treatment and care it's possible, her memories are just buried within her mind, but let me say this early Mrs. Park, most individuals don't have the ability to retrieve their memories back.but I can assure you that she won't have any trouble forming new memories."

 

" I understand " She anwered weakly.

 

" I'll be taking my leave then, take good care of Jiyeon " 

 

The doctor left us, And Mrs. Park talked to Jiyeon for a while, I stand onfront of the door and just stare at her, She was smiling, and I could see her calm face again. Maybe this is actually a blessing for us. 

 

When Jiyeon had fallen asleep, I talked to Mrs. Park,

 

" Don't worry, she'll have her memory back and will remember us all. "

 

" Uhm, eomma, can I ask you a favor? Can you not tell her anything about me? I want her to completely forget everything about me and have a normal life. " I said with every courage I have left in me, it took a lot of convincing before I finally got to make her agree. I don't want to make Jiyeon suffer a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter