Chapter 23

I'll protect you(Infinite+Exo)

Ari's POV-

"Haha..." I began to laugh awkwardly. "This isn't funny."

The two boys looked at me with regret in their eyes.

"Ah, I was joking..." Myungsoo began.

"No, you weren't." I shook my head.

The atmosphere between us all was filled with silence.

A sigh had broken that silence as Luhan began telling me everything.

"It was all my fault..." He ended with tears b his eyes.

"I'm sure it wasn't..." I tried to comfort him but it was useless. Even I could see that the guilt was too much for him to the point where he actually began to believe that he had killed her.

I looked over at Myungsoo. He was silent. "Give us a minute?" I requested as he walked off in the opposite direction.

I stepped closer towards Luhan and reached for his hand. "Mianhae. I shouldn't have asked."

He shook his head. "I should have told you. I should have..."

Seeing him look so helpless was the worst thing. I wanted to help him. To comfort him and tell him that 'it's okay'. But I couldn't.

"I killed her." He half whispered in shock.

"Don't blame yourself, what happened wasn't your fault..."

"It was my fault. What did I do to help her? Nothing."

I hugged him in a panic, to stop him from overthinking.

"Mianhae." He let out faintly.
______________________________________________________

After he calmed himself, he left for some peace. I didn't want to leave him on his own but I knew he needed space.

As I began looking for Ji Eun, I found Myungsoo in an empty classroom sat on top of a desk.

"Where's Luhan?" He asked.

I scoffed. " Like you care?"

"I don't." He replied.

"Of course you don't! He's literally falling apart and you're practically laughing at him."

This time he scoffed. "What so it's my fault?"

I nodded.

"I only said the truth, shouldn't you thank me? Now you know about everything."

"He could have told me in his own time!" I argued.

Myungsoo sighed deeply. It was obvious that it wasn't his fault but I couldn't help but vent my anger.

"I was just trying to look out for you. I didn't want you to get hurt." He explained.

I looked at him with guilt. "I know." I mumbled.

"But it wasn't all Luhan's fault, you know that right?" I asked.

He shrugged slightly. "He could have helped her..."

I remained silent out of respect. It wasn't my place to judge the past between the boys. Whether or not I had my own opinions, it just wasn't my place.

"Myungsoo-yah...I'm grateful to you for trying to look out for me but I can look after myself. Besides, I have Luhan too". I tried my best at pushing his feelings aside.

He sighed deeply. "I know I shouldn't say it, I know I shouldn't. But I like you and I can't help but want to protect you. I tried to ignore it but I can't, Ari I can't."

Why? Why does he have to tell me?

"Myungsoo-yah..."

"I know, I know. You don't like me the same way but just don't push me away. I'll stay within my limits, I won't ever get too close or even try to flirt. Just don't push me away?"

I watched as he hung his head down waiting for a reply. I couldn't possibly agree to him, but I couldn't let him down. A part of me wanted to tell him to leave me alone and yet the other side of me wanted to comfort him. I sighed as I got up and excused myself.

"I'm sorry, I need to think on my own for a while."

I left in a hurry, I just needed to be on my own.

I turned to pass the corner of the hallway and found myself in the middle of a group of angry girls. I tried to walk past them in a hurry before one of them stepped in front of me.

'You've done nothing wrong. Lift your head up.' I told myself as I looked the girl right in her eyes.

She folded her arms and scoffed. "Who do you think you are? How dare you look me in the eyes?"

I didn't answer, it was all too pathetic.

"This has got some nerve!"

She was irritated and angry but I knew she wasn't going to do anything.

"You don't deserve Luhan. You're a nobody how could you possibly think of  throwing yourself at him?" She shouted.

"I didn't throw myself at him. Besides, our relationship has nothing to do with you."

And with that she slapped me.

"Nothing to do with us? We're his fans, his loyal fans! Do you even know Luhan? Do you know anything about him or any of the Exo members? You really have no shame." She looked at me with a hate.

I stayed quiet with tears b my eyes. She was right.

"It's not just Exo, she's clung onto Infinite too!" Someone shouted.

"Wow. You're dating Luhan but you're sticking close to his rivals? He deserves so much better." One of them said as they pushed passed me whilst the others followed.

I stop there like an idiot. There wasn't much I could say or do. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note-
OMG it's been so long! I am so so so sorry for keeping you all waiting. Argh! I hate myself rn. Thank you to all those that have been reading and supporting this story and I thank you all again for waiting patiently! I promise to deliver quicker and hopefully better!
THANK YOU MY READERS!
~~Saranghae~~