Chapter 20

I'll protect you(Infinite+Exo)

We both stared at Do Yeon as she stood there in silence.

"I'm going inside." Ari announced as she left us both.

"Do Yeon-ah..." I started.

She didn't say anything. She smiled as she came closer and shook her head. "Oppa do you...like her?"

Now was the moment of truth. I wasn't sure whether to deny it or not but I knew I felt something.

"Neh." I answered shamlessly.

I could tell she was hurt but I couldn't lie to her, or myself.

"You moved on quick..."

"Ani, I had a hard time moving on. But I did eventually." I answered.

She inhaled deeply as she blinked away her few tears. I didn't want to see her like this but there was no point denying my feelings. My strange, confused and completely messed up feelings for Ari.

She turned around before heading inside without a word. After a few moments on my own, I decided to head back too to face the awkward atmosphere between the three of us.

"Hyung what took you so long?" Sungjong asked. He'd noticed my expression as soon as I sat down.

I smiled, reassuring him slightly. I tried to suppress my emotions as much as possible since Sungyeol or Sungjong would have probably caught on.

"Anyways, the reason we wanted you two to join us is because..." Sunggyu paused before continuing as Ji Eun and Ari stared at him.

"Is it okay if Do Yeon stays with you two?" He asked cautiously. "We're only asking you both because well we're close...".

Both Ari and Ji Eun were surprised at his request, not to mention how surprised Do Yeon was.

"Ani, oppa! It's fine." Do Yeon argued.

"Yah, do you think we'd let you stay in a house full of 7 boys. Do you trust us that much?" Woohyun scolded.

She smiled gratefully and argued that she could have just stayed at a hotel. Yet, being the kind men we were, of course we disagreed.

"It's fine, you can stay with us..." Ari announced in a hush tone.
______________________________________________________

Ari's POV -

"It's fine, you can stay with us..."

I avoided looking up at all costs. Ji Eun nudged me slightly, unsure of why I'd invited her.

Do Yeon painted a smile as she shook her head and kindly declined the offer. "Aniyo, it's too much to ask."

"No we're fine with you staying with us." Ji Eun reassured as she shot Sunggyu with a glare.

She looked up at the boys as they encouraged her to accept the offer. "Okay, if that's alright with both of you".

We nodded our heads in unison. As she accepted it gratefully. "Does this mean that you'll be attending school with us?"

"Neh, I start next week." She replied.

I nodded whilst avoiding her eyes. I couldn't stop feeling guilty. After a while, I got up and went into the room next door. I paced back and forth, unsure of what to do. The sound of the door shutting knocked me out of my trance as Do Yeon stood there.

"Oh erm..." My head dropped to the floor as I excused myself.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you." She stated.

Oh? I looked at her hopeful for something unrelated to Myungsoo to come out of .

"Myungsoo oppa..." She said his name, much to my dismay. "He seems to like you."

"Aniyo! He doesn't. He doesn't." I protested with guilt.

"Hmm is that right?" The tone in her voice changed to sarcasm. I nodded hesitantly.

She let out a sigh as she continued. "Let's cut the crap. We both know that he likes you and that you've charmed him with God knows what but...what do you think others would say?"

Her blunt way of speaking took me by surprise. "Others?"

She rolled her eyes discreetly. "The Infinite oppas, their fans and most importantly your boyfriend?"

It sounded like a threat. She looked like an angel but I could tell that she had another side to her.

"It's not like I like him back. I don't, whatever feelings Myungsoo has is completely irrelevant to my relationship with Luhan."

"But you do know that there's rivalry between the two groups. This could ruin everything for you two."

I couldn't understand her properly. It was as though she was concerned but was also threatening me.

I watched her carefully as she did the same back. "What do you suggest I do?"

There was a smile on her face for a few seconds before it disappeared. "I'm only saying this because of Myungsoo Oppa and I don't want him to get upset or hurt."

"I would never hurt him-"

"Then stay away from him. Just for a while until his feelings go away." She folded her arms and looked up. "Myungsoo oppa...is kinda like a child. He gets attached easily and bored easily. Soon his feelings will go away."

I nodded as she smiled and turned away. I didn't want to hurt Myungsoo or Luhan. I sighed through my mixed emotions.

"Let's keep this between us." She said as she turned her head back around. "Okay?"

I nodded again as she walked off. Her personality was something. y? I couldn't tell what it was but she was right. I had to stay away from Myungsoo. 
_______________________________________________________
Authors note -

Sorry for the slow update! This chapter was somewhat hard to write since I experienced a writers bloc. I'm not sure about where the storyline is going but I hope it's not too boring.

I promise for much more to happen in the next chapter so please support this fanfic by voting and COMMENT!

~Saranghae <3