Chapter 17-

I'll protect you(Infinite+Exo)

Luhan's POV -

"I kissed Myungsoo." She blurted out before covering in shock.

They kissed? I didn't know what to say or how to feel. In the end I decided to remain calm and let out a slight sigh since I had no right to feel anything. After all, we weren't even together.

"So what?" I said as though it was nothing. "It only matters if you have feelings for him...do you?"

"No! Of course not, I was just caught up in the moment so I kissed back..."

'Kissed back'. I thought carefully as she continued. "So he kissed you first?"

"Huh? Neh..." She whispered softly. I tried to smile even though I could feel a surge of jealousy through my body. I couldn't show any sign of disappointment on my face. I couldn't show sadness either. Not to her.

"So you don't have any feelings for him?" I questioned again as she shook her head. "Then that's fine." I reassured even though it hurt.

"It's fine? But..."

"Ari-ah..." I interrupted. "I really do like you and I'm not going to give up just because of a kiss. No, I won't give up. Whether you like me or him, doesn't change the way I feel about you."

She looked up at me with her big eyes b with tears. This time I'll make sure to win her heart and I won't let her go to an idiot like him.
______________________________________________________

Arisa's POV -

I walked in quietly as I blinked away the remaining signs of tears. I couldn't understand why I got so emotional. Maybe because he was being extremely forgiving? Or because I still felt a trace of guilt? Either way I didn't want Ji Eun to see.

"Ari!" She greeted as she ran down the hallway. "Tell me everything!"

"Mwo? Unnie you should really work on your own romance instead of obsessing over mine!" I joked.

"Yah! It was because of me that you even got to see him." She snapped back.

I smiled and thanked her before going up to my room. As soon as I left her I checked my phone which I had left behind. There was 1 message, from Luhan.

'Cheer up! I'll see you in school tomorrow? :) x'

I smiled instantly at the cute text and fangirled inside because of the 'x' he put at the end.

I replied soon after and received another text from him a few minutes later. After about an hour, we ended up speaking to each other over the phone for the whole night. Ji Eun eventually had to come in and hang up for me since our conversation over the phone was keeping her up...but it was worth it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ari-ah!!!" Ji Eun shouted while waking me up.

"Omo, yah! You have to see this...you and Luhan have created a scandal!"

"Mwo?" I yelled, still in a haze. "What scandal?"

She pushed the screen of her phone into my face as I squinted to read the article on her phone.

Headline: 'Exo's Luhan caught with a mysterious girl!'

"Mwo?" I shouted again as I read the headline. The article even had a few pictures displayed which was even more worrisome.

"Yah, are there any pictures showing your face?" Ji Eun asked.

I looked carefully and shook my head. She sighed out of relief before completely snapping. "Yah!! You should have been careful, he's a celebrity. As celebrity idolised by teen girls everywhere!"

"Well it was all a bit rushed since someone set me up..." I directed at her.

"As long as they don't know it's you, then it's fine but there's going to be total commotion at school..." She said as she jumped off of my bed and left the room.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< At School >

"Yah did you see that scandal with Luhan oppa?"

"Of course I did! And I'm gonna kill the that lay her paws on him!"

"Not if I find her first!"

I listened to the conversation of the girls behind me as panic swept through my whole body.

"Isn't that Arisa?" One whispered.

"Who? Oh that girl that's close to Infinite? Lucky ."

"Well she's close to Exo too!" The other shouted.

Within moments they'd caught up to both Ji Eun and I and stopped right in front of us.

"Ari-ah...you tell us, who's the girl dating Luhan?" They questioned sweetly even though a minute ago they were cursing at me.

"Huh? Erm...well why would I know?" I said calmly.

"Ah Ari-ah! Don't be like this, tell us? Please?" They pled desperately.

I shrugged immediately as both Ji Eun and I walked off. "Rude !" One shouted as we left without telling them about his supposed girlfriend.

As we got further in to the school grounds, the whispering increased...

"Yah, there's Arisa...wasn't there a rumour about her and Luhan?"

"Mwo? Yah, I doubt he'd date her!" Someone replied.

I sighed as the rumours got worse and worse. "Hmm, what's with your mood? Is it because Luhan was caught with another girl?" Woohyun asked casually as he sipped at his drink.

"That girl was her." Ji Eun whispered closely causing him to spit out his drink onto Sunggyu's arm.

"So you guys did go on a date?" He asked.

I nodded carefully as I glanced at Myungsoo. He looked at me as though he'd been waiting to see me. Nonetheless, I didn't want to speak to him.

"Waaaah! You've been caught in a scandal and I haven't." Sungjong said with slight disappointment.

I smiled at his innocence sweetly just as the bell went and as always, Myungsoo was in my class.

We walked together in total silence and for the first half of the lesson it was just silence between us.

"So...how was it?" He asked referring to the 'date'.

"It was good. Yeah." I mumbled.

"Right." He responded quickly.

"Look about that ki-"

"Sssh!!" I interrupted. "It was a mistake. We both know that so let's forget about it."
___________________________________________________________

Myungsoo's POV-

"It was a mistake. We both know that so let's forget about it."

I paused as soon as she said that. She thought it was a mistake. My head was filled with useless thoughts as I tried to decipher it. I thought about it a lot after it happened. It wasn't just an accident. I felt something. The fact that she didn't feel anything is what hurts the most, I don't know whether I like her or not but I know that there was something there.

I nodded silently whilst lost in my thoughts. She glanced at me slowly before looking away in case she got caught.

"Wae?" I asked out of courtesy.

"Hmm? Oh ani, it's nothing."

"Yah. Say it quick." I demanded coldly in a hush tone.

She smiled softly to herself and shook her head. "It's nothing."

I scoffed as though I was annoyed and tried to turn my attention to something else. But I wasn't annoyed. I couldn't think about anything else either.

I sighed out of relief when the lesson was over. I couldn't stand being next to her without asking her about everything.

"You look like your in pain." She stated as she got up and followed me out of the classroom.

"Oh." I replied.

"Hm. Is something wrong?"

I shook my head in silence. That's all it was between us. Silence.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note -

A huge thank you to all those that have waited patiently for this update! I know this chapter wasn't as exciting as you all hoped for but the next chapter will be. Please comment and subscribe and don't forget to also show some love towards my new fanfic 'Temptation(Woohyun&Myungsoo)! That's all from me. :)

Saranghae <3