Chapter 22

I'll protect you(Infinite+Exo)
Luhans POV (Continued) -
 
"Because I like her."
 
I looked at Myungsoo, agitated as my blood started to boil.
 
He likes her? Did he really have to tell me?
 
Even though I already knew that he had some feelings for Ari, hearing him say it made feel angry and kinda jealous.
 
"So? That doesn't mean anything to me." I replied whilst trying to keep calm.
 
He rolled his eyes slightly and stepped forward. "I like her. And if you mess up slightly or if she gets hurt then I won't leave her side."
 
Was he trying to threaten me by saying that he'll try to steal her or something?
 
"I don't care whether you or anyone else likes her. She's my girlfriend and I'll be the one by her side." I replied firmly as my fist curled into a ball, ready to punch him.
 
He smirked annoyingly. I was growing impatient and he knew exactly how irritated I was. "This time you better stay by her side. I don't want to see the past repeat itself." He said as he walked out.
 
My fist relaxed slightly as he left. I sighed whilst his words went through my head. 'I don't want to see the past repeat itself''.
 
I began contemplating deeply. I knew she deserved to know. But how was I supposed to tell her that someone died...because of me?
_____________________________________________________
~Backstory -
 
MinHee was Luhans' last long term girlfriend before he had debuted, the two knew each other ever since they were younger as she visited China on numerous occasions . She was pretty, kind and very much an average girl that wasn't really special or talented. The only thing different about her was that Luhan liked her and that she was very close to Infinite and also somewhat close to Exo.
 
To Infinite MinHee was like their younger sister, they were close since she was a good friend to them and they would always look after her which was the same for Exo. To them she was just a good friend and one that they could rely on.
 
Back then there was no rivalry between the two groups since Exo were still trainees and Infinite had only just debuted, yet the two groups were still very popular. Exo were well known as SM promoted them well through teasers etc so obviously they had already established quite a big following.
 
However, no one knew about the relationship between MinHee and Luhan, not even Infinite or Exo. Not until the month before Exo's debut...
 
Even though Luhan was only a trainee, he was still very popular due to his handsome looks. So when the news broke out about him having a girlfriend, fans went into a frenzy. Stalking him, invading his privacy and researching extensively about who he met up with frequently and finally, they found her.
 
From that moment onwards, ,MinHee's life changed dramatically. Sasseng fans would leave her hate comments and death threats on her social media accounts. She'd get stalked, bullied and isolated, her friends didn't even want to talk to her because she 'stole their oppa'. Things couldn't have gotten worse...but they did.
 
Once SM found out, everything went downhill. They were told to break up and deny rumours, she was even offered a large sum of money if she left the school and moved away. SM were becoming heavily involved as this could have put their new boy bands future in jeopardy.
 
MinHee thought she could handle it. As long as Luhan was there for her, she could handle it. But it became difficult for him too. If he didn't comply to SM's rules then he would've been kicked out of Exo. Even though he loved MinHee, he couldn't risk losing his career and future.
 
There was nothing she could do. Her friends wouldn't help her and she didn't want to worry her family. Fans would always claim that they'd kill her so she thought, 'why don't I just kill myself?'. Her suicidal thoughts began to increase as she become more and more isolated.
 
Then one day after Luhan told her that he couldn't help her and that it was over, she'd lost hope. That kind and sweet young girl took her life by committing suicide.
 
After that the buzz died over. SM cleared up the aftermath of the scandal whilst Exo debuted with an overwhelming amount of success. Everyone forgot about MinHee, except for Luhan and Infinite.
 
Although it wasn't exactly Luhan's fault, he couldn't forgive himself.
 
That day Infinite had lost a 'sister'.
 
And Luhan had lost his first love.
______________________________________________________
Myungsoo's POV-
 
After talking to Luhan, I found myself wondering around. It was as though my brain had already decided to look for Ari. Luckily, I found her sat alone on the staircase.
 
"Yah move over." I sat down next to her, keeping distance between us.
 
She looked up at me before sighing deeply. "What? Are you here to make fun of me?"
 
"You make me sound like such a jerk." I laughed awkwardly. I didn't want to be that kind of guy anymore, not to her.
 
"Maybe because you are a jerk?"
 
She looked up momentarily with a faint smile.
 
"Okay you're not that bad...but you were before." She said as she looked away.
 
"Before?"
 
"Yeah, before. When you grilled Luhan along with the others." She shrugged lightly.
 
"Yeah well he deserved that." I mumbled.
 
She shook her head slowly, showing her disagreement. "He didn't do anything wrong! You guys were overreacting."
 
"Yah! You don't know everything about him. If you did you'd understand." I argued.
 
"Then tell me? Why do you all treat him like a criminal?" Her tone grew restless as she started to raise her voice a little.
 
"I can't."
 
"Why not?" She pushed.
 
"Because he-"
 
I paused for a long while before speaking again.
 
"You know what? Maybe you should ask the jerk himself."
 
She rolled her eyes with annoyance. "Seriously, is there any point in talking to you?...Idiot."
 
The way she bluntly stated the last part brought a smile to my face.
 
"If you didn't like talking to me then you would have already left. But you're still here." I smiled.
 
"Urgh I'm not in the mood for your 'smart talk'. Just tell me."
 
"Tell you what?" I asked impatiently.
 
"Tell me what Luhan did! It's not like he killed someone?"
 
"Well he kinda did." I let out carelessly.
 
Her jaw dropped at my impulsive comment. She tilted her head in confusion as she continued to make sense of what I had just said.
 
What made it worse was the fact that Luhan had also heard me.
 
As she turned her head in his direction she stood up and backed away a little.
 
"Erm can someone explain everything to me? Properly?" The way she asked sounded more like a plead than a question...
______________________________________________________
Authors note-
 
Woah things got a little bit intense! Sorry to all of those who wanted a complete fluff fanfic - I felt that it was needed for a tiny bit of angst somewhere in the storyline. In fact I'm not sure where I was going with this but I was definitely not thinking about making Luhan a murderer - which he is not haha.
 
But on the plus side...thank you to all the voters and to all of the people that spare the time to read this fanfic! :) I appreciate it a lot and I hope to grow as a writer! And please let me know if there are any grammatical errors!
THANK YOU! :)
~Saranghae <3
 
P.S - VOTE VOTE VOTE AND COMMENT :)))