Chapter 16 - Pt 2

I'll protect you(Infinite+Exo)

Myungsoo's POV -

I kissed her. I don't know why but...I kissed her. Does this mean that I like her? No, I was probably just caught up in the moment. Or have I actually got deeper feelings for her?

She pulled herself away from me and distanced herself. I didn't move either, I was in shock. We both had our heads bowed facing the ground as though we were ashamed.

"Ari-ah..." I began as I looked up to see her stood still with her right hand placed softly on her lips. She was in shock.

"Y-yah..."

"Hajima! Don't say anything." She shouted back.

I took a step forward towards her 
which prompted her to take a step back.

"Don't come any closer either!" She added.

I obeyed her words and stayed stood still. She turned around after a few seconds and started to carry on walking. I sighed as I followed her whilst maintaining our distance.
______________________________________________________

Arisa's POV -

Omo! What should I do? I know he kissed me but I kissed back. Why did I kiss back?

''Ari-ah!''Ji Eun shouted as we finally met up with everyone. "What's up with you?"

I shook my head as she noticed my odd behaviour. "I need a drink, let's go get one." I sighed whilst dragging her with me.

With my pure bad luck we instantly bumped into Luhan. "Ari-ah..."

"Oh mianhae oppa." I apologised lifelessly.

"Ani, we were supposed to talk anyways."

I panicked as he reminded me. If I spoke to him now I'd end up telling him about the kiss, not to mention how guilty I feel. There's only one way to prevent it...

"Oppa...mianhae, but can we have our date another time?" I mumbled whilst avoiding eye contact. I glanced over at Ji Eun only to see her whole jaw left wide open.

"Er sure, if that's what you want." He said almost deflated.

I nodded as I turned away and started walking back. "Yah! Neo Bicheoso? Why did you cancel your date?"

I sighed and continued walking. It's not like I wanted to cancel. I noticed Ji Eun sigh and turned around. "Where are you going?"

"You forgot to get a drink." She replied simply as she went off.

I walked back to the others quietly on my own. "What's wrong with you?" Sungyeol questioned.

I shook my head and smiled. If they found out about cancelling the date, they'd ask why and then I'd end up talking about the kiss. That is if he hasn't already told them and judging by his expressions, it's hard to tell.

"Waegurae?" Woohyun asked softly. I let out a deep sigh before lifting my head up, displaying a fake smile.

"Really, I'm fine." I lied.

"Hmm....but if there was something wrong you'd tell us, right?" He asked in a worried tone.

I nodded at his sincerity. "Of course!"

Just as I had replied, Ji Eun had returned and sourly handed me a drink. "She's lying. Judging by your faces, you haven't heard. She's cancelled her date."

"MWO!" They all, apart from Myungsoo shouted.

"That's great!" Woohyun shouted as Ji Eun glared at him. "Or not..." he added.

I sighed wishing the day would end already.
______________________________________________________

Luhan's POV -

"Oppa...mianhae, but can we have our date another time?"

"Er sure, if that's what you want." I replied.

I watched her walk back and felt a little disappointed. Was it because of what happened earlier?

Out of nowhere, Ji Eun snapped her fingers, breaking my trance. "Mianhae, but about Ari..." She paused.

I nodded as she continued. "I think she's just nervous about going on a date with you and that's why she's canceled it." She paused as she looked back. "I have a plan..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed as I thought back to when Ji Eun introduced her 'plan'. Her idea was just to be able to spend time with Ari alone without it being like a formal date. I suppose it's worth a try...

I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer it. "Ari-ah! You get it!" I heard a faint shout followed by footsteps rushing to the door.

"Annyeo-" she paused midway as she looked up. "Omo!...Oppa why are you..."

I smiled and greeted her confused face. I guess Ji Eun really didn't tell her. "You didn't seem okay earlier, so I thought I'd come and see." I explained.

"Oh, neh. I'm okay now." She mumbled.

"That's good, then if you're up for it, do you want to take a walk?"

A walk. That was Ji Eun's 'plan'. Since she had already backed out of an actual date, a walk was probably a better option, if she agrees to it.

She hesitated for a while before agreeing. It was awkward at first but after a while our conversation started to flow naturally.

"Oppa, did Ji Eun come up with this?" She asked out of nowhere catching me off guard.

"Huh? Oh..." I nodded. As I looked up, her serious expression became soft as she let out a small laugh.

"I knew it..." She said under her breath.

I smiled as I looked up at the night sky. My curiosity began to grow as I turned my attention to her. "Why did you cancel our date?"

"Hmm? Oh I wasn't feeling great, actually I wasn't so sure about going out with you." She said as she avoided eye contact, as though she was hiding something.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well why did you ask me out? There are tons of girls at our school, not to mention the celebrity idols you know."

I smiled at her explanation. "I asked you because I liked you. Why else would I ask you out?"

This time she was curious.

"Why do you like me? We haven't known each other that long..."

"Well, at first I thought you were just the new student at our school with a pretty face. So I thought I'd help you out a little since starting a new school can be tough. But then..." I paused without taking my eyes off of her.

"Every time I saw you, I felt like I had to be there for you. The more I saw you, the more curious I got. I wanted to be the kind of person you could rely on. Especially from the time we kissed...it was short but...it added to my curiousity."

By the time I had finished, our faces were closer to each other as she blushed from every single word. I blushed too...it was cheesy as hell but I meant it. I decided to take a chance and pulled her closer by her waist. I leaned in slowly for a kiss but she'd already turned her face away, avoiding it.

"Ari-ah..." I said softly, wondering why she had stopped as pulled away.

"Mianhae...I can't..." She said as she took a seat on one of the benches close by.

I sat down next to her and waited for her to continue.

"I feel so...guilty." She sighed.

"Wae? You haven't done anything wrong, I shouldn't have tried to kiss you." I explained.

She shook her head. "It's not your fault. After hearing all that, it just made me feel a little bad that's all."

"Waegurae? Ari-ah?"

"I kissed Myungsoo."
______________________________________________________

Authors note -

Thank you all for supporting the story! If there are any grammatical mistakes, please let me know. Don't be shy to comment about anything :)

Saranghae <3