Chapter 21

I'll protect you(Infinite+Exo)

~Next day~ Ari's POV - 
(Decided to move on a bit quicker!)

I walked ahead of Ji Eun and Do Yeon as we neared the school gates. I couldn't stop thinking about it. About what she'd said.

'Stay away from Myungsoo.'

It sounded too much like a threat.

I could her giggle away innocently with Ji Eun but she was different with me. Even after we left Infinite's place...

I looked up to see Luhan and the rest of Exo stood waiting at the gates. I smiled as I walked a little faster.

"Hey..." I smiled. Without one word he lay a kiss on my cheek and pulled me into a hug.

"Omo! Did you see that?" Someone shouted.

"Luhan and Ari are dating!"

Within moments a crowd had gathered around us with their smartphones out, taking pictures - all because of a single hug.

As I pulled away, he whispered closely. "Don't let go of my hand."

I looked up surprised as he took my hand and led the way. Exo followed closely behind along with the crowd behind them.

'Nervous' was an understatement. This was a scandal on a whole new level.

I looked up at Luhan admiringly as he gave a cute reassuring smile. I turned around briefly to see Ji Eun waving and Do Yeon stood there with a smirk. I shook my head in an attempt at shaking away all of my negative thoughts.

"That Ari! I'm gonna kill her." A girl from the crowd shouted.

There were mixed emotions amongst the crowd, which was expected. How could a whole fandom possibly accept that their oppa is dating?

"Oppa! Oppa!" A few of the girls were going crazy. It started to get tense.

As we continued to be followed, Luhan picked up the pace as we both found ourselves running away from the others. He opened the door of a classroom as we hid from the fans.

He stood there panting heavily as he leaned against the door. "Mianhae... I didn't give you much of a warning."

I laughed slightly as I watched him rest against the door, he looked tired. "It's fine but are you okay? You look exhausted."

"Hmm? Oh yeah...we've been busy rehearsing for our comeback." He replied.

I suddenly felt guilty. Exo are having their comeback and if a dating scandal broke out, who knows what could happen?

He approached me without my realisation and brushed a few strands of hair away from my face. "Stop. You're beginning to worry." He kissed the top of my head softly as the door suddenly opened.

All 7 of the Infinite members plus Ji Eun and Do Yeon began to fill the room.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked. Myungsoo looked at me intensely as his eyes focused on how close Luhan and I were both standing. I ignored it and slipped my hand into his.

"We were worried..." Ji Eun started.

"About what?"

"There was a massive crowd following you and you both disappeared, not to mention how angry all of the fangirls are. God knows what could have happened to you!" Woohyun added.

I wasn't in the mood. I didn't want them to be worried, especially after yesterday. I didn't want to get in the way of Do Yeon and Myungsoo and if avoiding Infinite was what it would take then that's how it was going to be.

"I'm not a kid." I retorted.

Luhan saw how annoyed I was getting and decided to intervene.

"Look-"

"Don't you thing you were being selfish?" Myungsoo interrupted. "You weren't really protecting your girlfriend by publicly revealing your relationship."

"Yah!" I shouted. I didn't know what to do, I just wanted them to leave.

"What's going on?" Suho intervened. 
The room suddenly became congested as all 11 members of Exo began to fill it.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"Nothing my ! You should teach your members about how to keep control of things." Hoya shouted.

"How do you think Ari will handle everything once the press find out?" Sunggyu asked.

"I'll be fine!" I argued back.

"Ari this isn't just any relationship! You're dating one of the biggest stars in the nation." Ji Eun added.

"She isn't alone. I'll protect her." Luhan reassured.

"Protect her? And how exactly are you going to do that?" Myungsoo asked. His anger seemed to be exploding.

"A small company like Woolim won't understand how to deal with things. We (SM) know how to protect our people." Baekhyun answered firmly.

Within seconds, the argument turned into a battle between two rival groups and their companies as Hoya threw a punch at Baekhyun. The two leaders, Suho and Sunggyu held the two back whilst I stood there appalled at the sight before me.

"Geumanhae!" I shouted, catching their attention. They all stopped and looked at me. But I didn't know what to say. I opened my mouth, hoping that I'd say something, anything.

It didn't work.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Luhan's POV -

I looked at Ari as she struggled for words. I wanted to jump in and save her from whatever she was feeling. But I couldn't. It was my fault. I shouldn't have rushed things, or even have hugged her in public. I made the mistake of even befriending her when she first came here and now, it's starting all over again...

Things are going to change for her. She won't be known as Ari anymore, but as 'Luhan's girlfriend'. It was my mistake, I shouldn't have started to fall for her...

"Ari-yah!" Ji Eun whispered sympathetically as Ari rushed off.

Just as I was about to go after her, a hand rested firmly on my shoulder, stopping me.

"You and I need to talk."

I turned my head to see Myungsoo as the others made their way out. We waited for the room to fill with emptiness before confronting each other.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently. The last thing I wanted to do was to sit around with him especially when Ari needed me.

He scoffed arrogantly as he looked away slightly. "Break up."

"What?"

"Break up." He repeated. "Break up with Ari."

Did I hear him right?

"Why should I break up-"

"For her sake!" He interrupted. "I don't want to see her turn out like MinHee."

It grew silent between us as soon as he said her name...

I took a deep breath whilst trying to consume my feelings. "Why do you care?"

"Because I like her."
______________________________________________________

Authors note - 
Ask questions on the comments if you're confused or curious!! I'd appreciate plenty of comments :)

It looks like Luhan has his own secrets to hide...:)

Please COMMENT and vote :) Also follow me!

And lastly please let me know if there are any mistakes etc.
~Saranghae <3

P.S vote on your favorite ship -