A Close Encounter

Opposites Attract

     "So you're close with Jonghyun-ssi?" Suzy asked Bora back in her own office.

     "Yes," Bora replied, "We've been going to the same school since second grade." 

     "Excuse me if this is a intruding question, but do you like him?"

     "Ha," Bora laughed, "What does it seem like to you?"

     Suzy pondered about it. 

     Did Bora have a crush on that tall, handsome, guy with broad shoulders, nice hair, and piercing eyes...

    Suzy forced herself to come back to planet Earth. That was weird, she thought to herself. 

    "Suzy-ssi?" Bora asked.

    "Please," Suzy smiled, "Call me Suzy." 

    "Suzy," Bora smiled, "What do you think?"

    "Well," Suzy said, "I'm not sure. Family friends tend to be very close so." 

    "If you're contemplating whether I'll be a good choice as one member of your team, don't worry. I don't let my personal life interfere with my work life. Keep it professional?" Bora gave her a thumbs up. 

    Suzy laughed. Bora was cute. 

    "Yes. I hope we can become the perfect team." 

    

    A few days had passed and progress on both sides had been kept confidential. This day, a big feast for both teams had been set up. Even if they were working against each other, coworkers were coworkers. 

    Jonghyun arrived at a galbi resturant and found that everyone else was already waiting for him.

    "I'm sorry for the late arrival," he apologized. 

    He looked around for an empty seat, but everyone was pointing to an empty space next to Suzy. 

    "Both candidates should sit next to each other!" Everyone cheered, except for Bora. 

    "Please," Suzy smiled and gestured right next to her.

    "Thank you," Jonghyun replied. 

    "Ja," Kang MinHyuk held up a small glass of Soju, "To Gyungdae!"

    "To Gyundae!" 

     "Oh, let me pour you one," Suzy offered. 

     "Oh, thank you," Jonghyun let out a shot glass. 

     Suzy reached for the Soju bottle when her hand accidentally slipped and some of the Soju spilled onto Jonghyun. 

     "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" 

     Everyone else started with wide eyes. Bora got up first to help Jonghyun, but when she saw Suzy already reaching for a napkin, Bora found herself sitting back down.

     "It's fine," Jonghyun reassured her as Suzy bent down to wipe the Soju off his shirt. 

     "No, it's not," Suzy replied and lifted her face up to see Jonghyun.

     Except, their faces were so close, Jonghyun could feel her breath.

     Jonghyun gulped and the close encounter made Suzy's heart beat fast. 

     "Ahem!" Bora awkwardly cleared . 

     The two broke apart and Jonghyun stood up to go to the bathroom.

     "Hehe," Suzy tried to break the awkwardness and raised her shot glass, "To Gyungdae!"

     However, when everyone lifted their glasses and drank, Suzy glanced towards the direction where Jonghyun had just left to go to the bathroom.

     "What's up with this guy?"