Beginnings of a Scandal

Opposites Attract

    Jonghyun parked his car inside the company parking lot and him and Bora waited for the elevator to come down. Once the doors opened, they met a few coworkers. For some reason, the people already inside were shocked, some covering their gaping mouths with their hands. Confused, Jonghyun and Bora looked at each other. 

    "Oh !" Jonghyun gasped and took off the bunny ear headband off of his head. Bora did the same as well. 

    The coworkers giggled inside (most of them were girls). They awkwardly made room for Jonghyun and Bora. 

    "This is all your fault," Jonghyun muttered to Bora through gritted teeth. 

    Bora narrowed her eyes at him and shoved him with her shoulder. 

    "Don't touch me," Jonghyun warned her.

    "Oppa," Bora said in a louder volume. 

    Jonghyun became alarmed and the female coworkers were surprised as well by Bora's informal tone. 

    Once the elevator doors opened, the two met no one other than Park Gaehyun, and the matching bunny ear headbands Jonghyun and Bora both held in their hands made him suspicious there was something more to these two, but he made no comment of it.

    "I see you are back from your lunch break," Park Gaehyun greeted.

    Jonghyun made a regretful expression, feeling embarassed for being seen in such a state with Bora. 

    Once he reached his office, Jonghyun shooed Bora away much to her dismay. Jonghyun had hung out with her enough for the day and paid the price for it.

    "Oppa," Bora finally said.

    "Yeah?" Jonghyun replied, sounding a bit tired.

    "Nothing, actually," Bora smiled.

    "Go away," Jonghyun responded.

    "See you," Bora gave one last glance at him and walked over to her own desk.

    He found his mother waiting with a guitar case next to her.

    "Oma, what are you doing here?"

    "I originally came to give you lunch," Mrs. Lee explained and pointed to a lunchbox on top of his desk, "But they said you already went out."

    "Why do you have my guitar?" he asked.

    "Oh?" Mrs. Lee lifted the case and gave it to Jonghyun, "I thought you might miss it since you're away from home. It was just taking up more space in the house."

    Jonghyun took out the acoustic guitar. He sat down next to his mother and began tuning it. 

    "This is the Jonghyun I miss," Mrs. Lee sighed happily and her son's head motherly.

    "Oma," Jonghyun said, pushing her hand away, "I'm 23."

    "Okay," Mrs. Lee gave in, "I'm going to go now, now that you're here. I'll see you at home, Jonghyun-ah." 

    "Bye Oma," Jonghyun said. 

    "Ah," Jonghyun smiled, "I haven't seen this guy for a while."

    He strummed a few chords on his guitar, until he began to play 'Sunday Morning' by Maroon 5 and tapped his foot to the beat. 

    Sunday morning rain is falling...Steal some covers share some skin...Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable...

    Jonghyun lost himself in the music once he got to the chorus.

    That may be all I need...In darkness she is all I see...Come and rest your bones with me...Driving slow on Sunday morning...and I never want to leave...

    He strummed the last chord of the song.

    "Bravo!" 

    He found Minhyuk by the office door. Embarassed, Jonghyun quickly put the guitar away.

    "Quite the talent," Minhyuk complimented.

    "Ah, thank you," Jonghyun replied, "It's just a hobby."

    "Anyways, there's a meeting right now. Park Gaehyun called it urgent."

    "Suzy isn't here," Jonghyun said.

    "I don't know," Minhyuk explained, "There's still a meeting to attend."

    All the board members were in their seats and Park Gaehyun held a stern expression. 

    Bora mouthed the word oppa at Jonghyun and waved. 

    "The reason I have all gathered you here urgently is that we have found some unfair events within the competition," Park Gaehyun announced, receiving confused expressions from the listeners. He screened an image.

   Jonghyun couldn't manage to sit down in his seat. 

   It was a picture of Bora giving a kiss to Jonghyun in his car.