The Cliche "Blast from the Past" and First Step

Opposites Attract

     Back at Suzy's apartment, she was sprawled on her sofa watching Inkigayo. 

     "God," she switched the channel, "Music all sounds the same."

     "Exo is pretty good," Min called back from the kitchen, now making dinner.

     "Too many scandals," Suzy disapproved. 

     Suzy threw the remote onto the coffee table in front of her and walked into her bedroom. She sat at her desk and pulled out a diary she had been writing in for a few years now. She flipped through the pages and smiled. There were memories of when she graduated college, got hired in Gyungdae, previous boyfriends...

     "Haha," Suzy laughed, "I should look at those entries."

     Dear Diary,

Ahhhh I'm dating this guy named Sam Dong right now...okay don't judge the name, I know. He's from the countryside but seriously, he "modernized" his look and he's so perfect! He takes care of me a lot and he's such a gentlemen. He also makes sure I'm always out of harm's way. Like once, not sure how, but a flower pot was dropped and Sam Dong blocked it from shattering onto me. I of course felt bad, but also very moved. Aw...I know he loves me...

     "Ugh," Suzy had a little spaz, "I was young, it's okay." 

     She flipped to a different entry dating back to her student years.

     Dear Diary,

There's this really good looking guy named Kim Hyung Jun in my elective class, but he's a senior that's gonna graduate!!! T_T Can't do much about it though, right? Anyways, he's had this band with his other friends called SS501 and they play really good music. Anyways, I've tried talking to him and he's talked to me first once, but it was so embarrassing! You see, I was running late for math class and my teacher Mrs. You is super scary if you're tardy. I was going to the bathroom and I ran out, except there was a piece of toilet paper hanging out of my skirt. Everyone was laughing at me and nobody told me why, until Hyung Jun oppa confronted me about it. I MEMORIZED HIS EXACT WORDS: You forgot, uh...something there, I think. OMG It was humiliating and everyone knows Hyung Jun oppa is the coolest guy in our grade! Like, he's too good for all of us girls!

     "Ew, I was so stupid back then," Suzy closed her diary, "But I'm still as guy-obsessed now as I was then."

     Suzy unlocked her phone and clicked the Kakao app. She stared at Jonghyun's contact for a very long time. Her finger went close to press it, but then she withdrew it sharply. She did this multiple times until she finally decided to message him. 

Hey, what's up? 

     There was a response right away to Suzy's delight. 

At work. 

I know that Jonghyun-ssi. How was your day? 

Why are you asking me this? Aren't we technically enemies? 

It's always good to be on friendly terms, isn't it? 

OK. Well, this may shock you, but Bora got fired.

WHAT? WHY???

Park Gaehyun that jerk exposed the relationship between Bora and I in front of the whole board. I understand that it would be unfair to the other team since Bora is very close with me, but I really didn't get why he had to do it in front of all those people. 

What relationship exactly? 

It's hard to explain. Basically, we were misunderstood. 

Misunderstood as what? 

     Suzy felt nervous for some reason. 

A couple. 

Did you try to explain it?

It's complicated but yes, I did try but I think Park Gaehyun thinks I'm just a guy with anger management issues now because---

     Before Jonghyun could reply, Minhyuk entered his office to give a daily report of progress with the upcoming clothing designs based on the customer surveys collected.

     "Hm?" Suzy was wondering why it was taking him so long to reply, "Is he ignoring me? "

     Min opened the door a crack. 

     "Suzy," Min said, "It's time for dinner. I made curry."

     "Alright," Suzy sighed and glanced at the read notifcation on her screen, wondering what could be taking him so long.