The Unexpected News

Opposites Attract

    Today was the day everyone had been anxious for at Gyungdae. The winner of the first challenge was to be announced at the upcoming meeting. Jonghyun straightened out his tie in front of the mirror that he had in his office. He was nervous, not just for the result, but to see Suzy. 

    "There's no need to think about her," he said to himself, "You're done."

    Minhyuk knocked twice on the door and let himself in. 

    "Ready?"

    "Prepared for anything," Jonghyun replied. 

    The conference room atmosphere was even more tense as ever. Jonghyun saw Suzy sitting next to Yonghwa, her new secretary, but she seemed extremely uncomfortable, while Yonghwa seemed to be having the time of his life. What a dynamic. Park Gaehyun was already in the front of the room and the board members were expressionless, so there was no telling who the winner was. Jonghyun and Minhyuk finally took their seats. Jonghyun looked around for his mother, but she wasn't present.

    "And now," Park Gaehyun said, "First, here is a simple, brief overview of both teams' ideas. Suzy-ssi's team took an approach closer to women's outerwear. They designed their clothing that was more geared to all sorts of outdoor weather. Jonghyun-ssi's team took a wider scale including clothing for both women and men. Although not as detailed and specifically targeted, his team opened a broader perspective." 

    Jonghyun felt high hopes. 

    "Unknown to most, the voters were not only the board members. Many of the customers at Gyungdae's shopping mall were asked to participate in voting as well," Park Gaehyun continued, "And now, the final awaited decision."

    Jonghyun felt an adrenaline rush and he felt as if his insides were going to explode. He just couldn't handle the suspense. 

    Just then, one of the employees entered the room and ran over to Park Gaehyun, whispering something to his ear. Park Gaehyun seemed flustered, which shocked Jonghyun. The man was always composed. 

    "Uh," he continued awkwardly, "We have just received news that..."

    He glanced nervously at the board members.

    "Late CEO Lee YaeJae has woken up from his coma."