Settled

Opposites Attract

      "So what's gonna happen now?" Suzy sighed, resting her head on the car seat. 

      Jonghyun had explained to Suzy what had just happened and both had had a hard time getting over with their emotions, resulting in..."physical relief". (Basically they made out in the car.)

      Suzy tried to fix her messy hair. 

      "Jonghyun, you messed up my hair," she complained. 

      Jonghyun grinned sneakily.

      "Yeah, but you liked it."

      Suzy pushed his face away with the palm of her hand.

      "Anyways," Jonghyun became serious again, "I don't know. I was thinking of just handing it over to you. You're more experienced and the only reason I got chosen as a candidate is because I'm connected."

      "Your father," Suzy looked at back at the hospital.

      "I realized," Jonghyun reflected, "That my father really is my father, because he just wants me to be happy."

      Jonghyun held Suzy's hand.

      "And that's being with you."

      "I don't know," Suzy groaned, "What do we do now?"

      Jonghyun laughed.

      "You really want my suggestion?"

      "Why, what is it?" Suzy asked, very curious.

      "Let's ditch."

      "Yah," Suzy hit him, "Did you forget about Bora?"

      Jonghyun immediately felt guilty. He had completely forgotten about her. 

      "Honestly," Suzy ran her fingers through her hair, "You have a responsibility over her too. As much as it makes me weird saying it, you should really care about her the most right now. She's hurt right now."

      "I don't know what to say," Jonghyun replied, "I've never been in this kind of situation before."

      "She's important to you, right?" Suzy asked.

      "Of course she is."

      "I'm alright now," Suzy touched his cheek, "Go and help her. I'll be waiting."

      "Okay," Jonghyun got out of the car. 

      But when he reached the hospital room, he found his mother waiting outside the door.

     "Oma..." 

     "If you're worried about Bora," she started, "I got her. I was once a girl too. I know how to help through this. She's heart broken."

     "Oma... I feel horrible. I got caught up in my own thing and neglected her."

     "Jonghyun-ah," Mrs. Lee comforted, "I know you feel responsible for her, and yes, you are to a certain extent. But she's not your baby. Bora needs to mature a little. And overcoming this kind of thing...when you look back in time to this day, you two are going to laugh at how stupid this was. Right now, Bora needs someone who understands her and can help her. Showing yourself will only make it worse. Leave it to me, okay?"

     "Are you going to tell her that I was here?" Jonghyun asked.

     "We'll see," she responded, "It depends on how she is now."

     "Ahjumma," Bora came out of the room and was shocked seeing Jonghyun, running back into the room. 

     "Well now she knows," Mrs. Lee sighed, "And I think you should go back home. What happens to the competition won't be decided today. Your father just called and you and Suzy can leave work now."

     "Oma, I feel too guilty. Bora doesn't even want to look at me now," Jonghyun said.

     "I got her," his mother reassured him, "I know how to get through it. Personal experience."

     Jonghyun didn't budge.

    "Ga!" Mrs. Lee urged.

    Jonghyun didn't move.

    "Go away!" Mrs. Lee started to slap him.

    "Okay! Okay!" and he ran off. 

    "Is he gone?" Bora peeked out of the door.

     "Yes, he is," Mrs. Lee replied.

    Bora looked out in the direction Jonghyun had run off to. She couldn't help but smile at his running figure. She still had feelings for him.