Bora Recalls A Bittersweet Memory

Opposites Attract

     Bora had been sulking in her bedroom for the past week. Her mother, after figuring out why she had gotten fired, had forbidden any contact to Jonghyun for some time. 

     "It'll make things look better!" she had yelled, "And it was your fault!" 

     Bora sighed and fell back onto her king size bed. Her hair was still wet from her shower, but she didn't have the energy to go and blow dry it. She had been so elated that she could work in the same place as Jonghyun, but now she couldn't even send him a single text message. She went over to her desk drawer and pulled out a high school photo. It was of her, Jonghyun, and their old friend Soyou. They were sitting on the steps of their highschool's main entrance. Jonghyun was the in the middle with his hands folded in his lap, Soyou was leaning her shoulder against his, holding up a V, and Bora on the other side had linked her arm with Jonghyun's. It had been such a happy time back then...

     The bell rang and it was time for class. Bora ran outside to look for Jonghyun. She found him still shooting baskets by himself on the school's court. He was panting and his hair was dripping from sweat. 

     "Oppa!" Bora shouted, cupping her hands over for a louder volume, "Class starts now!" 

     Jonghyun held up one finger.

    "One more!" 

    And he shot a perfect three-pointer. 

    Bora and Jonghyun ran together to their class, which they were already late for. 

    "Ah!" Bora shrieked as one of her shoes fell off.

    "Clumsy idiot," Jonghyun grumbled.

    "Hey!" Bora slapped Jonghyun's head.

    "Ya," Jonghyun threatened with a dark look on his face, actually scaring Bora.

    "Sorry," Bora sincerely apologized. 

    "Heh!" Jonghyun laughed and ruffled her hair. 

    "Oppa!" Bora yelped. 

    "Hey you two!" Soyou shouted from a school window, "Teach says that if you two don't stop flirting and come to class in one minute, you have detention for three months!" 

    "Your fault," Jonghyun shrugged and sprinted off without her.

    "Meanie," Bora pouted. 

    Class was over and now the students unpacked their lunches in the classroom. Bora presented sausages, egg rolls, and white rice, while Soyou had various types of bread. (Her parents ran a local bakery in town.) 

    "So," Soyou winked at her deviously, "When you gonna ask out Jonghyun oppa?"

    "Shut up!" Bora's eyes widended and she stuffed an egg roll into Soyou's mouth, "And who told you you could call him Oppa?"

    "He's my friend too," Soyou smirked, "Geez, talk about possessive."

    "I'm not going to ask him out," Bora said defiantly.

    "Whatever you say," Soyou sighed, but her expression lit up once she saw Jonghyun and she glanced evilly at Bora, who was too busy shoving rice in .

    "Oppa!" she waved at Jonghyun.

    "Not eating," Jonghyun replied curtly and left, followed by a few other guys.

    "Where are you going?" Bora asked, barely stopping him by the door. 

    "Basketball," Jonghyun answered and squirmed out of her grasp, "Now you go eat, Bora." 

    And Bora had no choice but to let him go off with his guy friends, who obviously seemed to be interested in her, but they weren't what she wanted.

    Bora's flashback was interrupted when her mother opened her door. 

    "Are you just going to live in your room forever?" she asked.

    "Go away, Oma!" Bora shouted and chucked a small pillow at her mother's face.

    "Omo, omo," her mother scoffed, "You ungrateful brat! Stay in there!" and the door was slammed shut.

    Bora immediately stared at the highschool photo again.

    "If only I could go back," she whispered to herself and poked Jonghyun's face with her finger, "If only."