"Slight" Conflict

Opposites Attract

    Jonghyun ran into the hospital's lobby, but stopped in his tracks. 

    Suzy.

    But when he turned around, her car was already gone. Just like their love. Gone before it had even began. 

    You made a choice, Jonghyun. Now just deal with it. 

    But, he had to act the way his father wanted...love only who is father wanted...

    Inside room 34, Jonghyun found his mother weeping out of joy as she held his father's hand. His father no longer needed a respirator and had a small smile on his wrinkled face. 

    "Appa," Jonghyun could barely speak and went over to his father.

    "Jonghyun-ah," Mr. Lee held Jonghyun's right hand in between both of his, "Thank you. You truly make me happy."

    "Appa!" Jonghyun embraced his father ardently for the first time in his life.

    Mr. Lee patted his son on the back.

    "Yobo," Mrs. Lee laid a hand on her husband's shoulder, "Tell him."

    "The doctor says I can be discharged in two weeks," Jonghyun's father revealed.

    "Thank God," Jonghyun smiled and tears streamed down his face again.

    "I can't go back to work yet though," he added.

    "You're going to go back to being the CEO?" Jonghyun asked.

    "I don't know," Mr. Lee answered, "It's up to the doctor, but he says he has to see my condition after some time. There's still a chance that I can't go back. So, go win that competition for me. Work hard, I heard your opponent is quite the tough one."

    "Yeah..." Jonghyun faced the floor, "I suppose."

    "Don't worry, Yobo," Mrs. Lee assured his husband, "Our son is the best. Jonghyun-ah, fighting!"

    Jonghyun smiled weakly.

    "Do you need anything?" he offered.

    "Nah," Mr. Lee shook his head, "You can go back the office. I called in explaining my situation, so everyone should have calmed down now." 

    "Appa---" but Jonghyun was cut off.

    "Ahjussi!"

    Jonghyun knew that voice. 

    Bora. 

    "Bora-ah!" Mr. Lee grinned happily and hugged the girl, "I haven't seen you in forever!"

    "Ahjussi!" Bora cried.

    Mr. Lee wiped her tears away. 

    "I'm okay, now," he smiled. 

    "Ahjussi," Bora sobbed, not letting go of her embrace. 

    "Bora," Jonghyun said quietly," Let's leave him so he can rest."

    "I just wanted to see you," Bora smiled and gave Mr. Lee a light kiss on the cheek, "Ahjussi, you're basically my father."

    "I know," he laughed and playfully shooed her away, "Now go away."

    Jonghyun led Bora out of the room.

    "Are you alright these days?" Jonghyun asked, genuinely worried, "I didn't get any contact from you."

    "My mom said not to," Bora explained, "Just so things kinda died down."

    "I'm so sorry," Jonghyun sighed.

    "It's okay," Bora shrugged, "What can anyone do about it now, right?"

    There was a short silence. 

    "Oppa?" 

    "Yeah?" Jonghyun replied. 

    Suddenly, Bora hugged him tight and Jonghyun lifted his arms in surprise. 

    "I missed you," her voice was muffled as she buried her face into Jonghyun's jacket. 

    Jonghyun smiled and placed his hands on her back and accepted her hug. 

    "Ah," he chuckled, "I missed you too."

    He placed his nose in her hair. He smiled. She still used the same green apple scented shampoo that she did back in high school. 

    "Um," a voice suddenly said. 

    Bora and Jonghyun broke apart.

    It was Suzy.