Unfairness

Opposites Attract

      "Suzy," Jonghyun stepped away from Bora, "I didn't see you there."

      "Of course you didn't," Suzy was in utter disbelief, "First me, then her?"

      "No, Suzy," Jonghyun tried to explain.

      "So all of that in the car was fake?" Suzy demanded a real answer, "Why are you lying to me? I did my best for you, and all I get is this?"

      "Suzy," Jonghyun took a few steps towards her.

      "I've wasted my time trying to be good to you," Suzy concluded and ran away as fast as her heels could carry her.

      Jonghyun was about to run after her when Bora held onto his arm tight.

      "I was lonely all this time," Bora looked up at him with begging eyes, "Are you going to leave me again?"

      "Bora..." Jonghyun was torn apart and glanced over where Suzy had ran away. She had just gotten onto the elevator. 

      "Oppa!" Bora cried, "I've been with you for so many years! Why can't you be with me when I need you? I was always there for you!" 

      I'll be here. 

      Suzy's words rang in his mind.

      "Bora-yah," Jonghyun started.

      "Oppa..." Bora implored, "Oppa...please don't leave me again...for her..."

      

      Suzy finally stepped out of the hospital. She turned around, secretly hoping to find Jonghyun chasing after her, but he was nowhere in her sight. 

      "I was stupid," she whispered to herself, hurt for such betrayal, "He was always like that. I should've known."

      Suzy walked over to the parking lot and to her annoyance, her car had been scratched on the side.

      "Ugh!" she kicked the car wheel.

      "I can't..." she sobbed and knelt down by her car, wrapping her arms around her knees, "I believed him!" 

      

      "Oppa," Bora cupped Jonghyun's face in her hands, "I've been with you for so much longer than her! Why can't you see how I feel about you? It's so unfair!" 

      "Bora," Jonghyun took her hands off and firmly held them with his own, "I know."

      "Then why didn't you do anything about it?" Bora wailed, hitting Jonghyun's chest with her fists in frustation, "You just left me alone like that!"

      "I know," Jonghyun apologized, becoming teary, "I'm so sorry. I hate hurting you like this."

      "Then be with me!" Bora demanded and hugged him forcefully, but Jonghyun shook her off.

      "Bora!" Jonghyun yelled, but this time, he was going to straight out say it.

      "Oppa..." Bora whispered.

      "It's not fair for me too," he said sternly, "It's not fair that I can't be with the person I like, but you know what? I'm dealing with it in order to fullfill my father's wishes. You're not the only one!"

     Bora had nothing left to say.

      "I'm sorry," Jonghyun reached out a hand for comfort, but Bora slapped it away.

      "I hate you," Bora sobbed, looking down at the ground.

      "You have the right to," Jonghyun replied sadly.

      "So," Bora choked on her own tears, "Are you going to leave me now?"

      "Bora," Jonghyun tried to assure her, "I'll always be that Oppa, but you're going to find someone way better than me."

      "Yes, I will!" Bora screamed at him. 

      Bystanders were beginning to pay attention.

      "And he'll be a thousand times better than you!" Bora shouted.

      "I'm sorry, Bora," Jonghyun couldn't bring himself to say anything else. Bora was still important to him and he had just given her the greatest scar to her innocent heart.

      And with that, Jonghyun sprinted off to go follow Suzy. 

      But little did both Bora and Jonghyun know that Mrs. Lee had witnessed the whole thing.