Bora's Comfort

Opposites Attract

      "So," Suzy asked Jonghyun once he got in the car again, "How'd it go?"

      "Bora doesn't want to see me," Jonghyun sighed and slouched in his seat, "But thankfully my mom said she would take care of it. I don't know. Maybe girls comfort girls with girl problems the best."

      Suzy laughed softly.

      "Bora's going through heartbreak. Every girl can relate."

      As Suzy started the engine and pulled out, Jonghyun asked,

      "Will Bora be okay? She's not going to go all suicidal, right?"

      "Don't even say that," Suzy looked at him disapprovingly, "Although I didn't get much time to spend with her, I know she's better than that. She's one the most confident people I know."

      "I must have really shattered her then, if she was able to cry in public like that," Jonghyun felt like the worst person in the world.

      "Jonghyun, I'll tell you one thing," Suzy smiled at him, "All girls get over boys. At most, the after effects of rejection last like a month. It wasn't like you guys were in a serious relationship. It was a crush."

      "Yeah, but I get the feeling she's liked me for a very long time," Jonghyun pointed out.

      "But she'll get through it," Suzy said, "Because I believe in her."

      "I'll trust you with this," Jonghyun sighed, concerned, "There isn't much I can do for her anymore."

      "Don't worry," Suzy said, "It was a one-sided love that ended with rejection. As much as it hurts now, it won't matter after some time."

      "I hope," Jonghyun said earnestly. 

      "But where are we going?" Jonghyun asked her.

      "I want to go somewhere loud and exciting," Suzy gleamed at her love happily, "I've had way too much stress these days. Oh! I know! Check if they're any free concerts at Suhyong."

      "That park nearby the plaza?" (Suhyong is made up.)

      "Yup."

      Jonghyun took out his phone and searched for the park's schedule. 

     "Just our luck," Jonghyun said, "It won't be crazy music, but Akidong Musician is performing in two hours. If we get there now...hmm, about ten minutes, we might be able to get okay seats."

     "Then, Suhyong Park, here we come." 

 

     Back at the hospital, Bora was with Mrs. Lee in the waiting room.

     "Ahjumma," Bora wiped her tears away, "I feel so weird."

     "Why?" Mrs. Lee asked, hugging Bora.

     "You're like my mom," she explained, "And I'm depressed from Jonghyun, who's like my brother in this case. You guys are my parents too."

     "Oh, Bora-yah," Mrs. Lee smiled, "I think you two were too close of family friends."

     "I know," she sniffed.

     "I know," Mrs. Lee clapped her hands together, "How about we do something together? I have something to celebrate (her husband's awakening) and you have something to relieve stress for."

     "Ah," Bora declined, "I don't know if I'm in the mood."

     "Yah," Mrs. Lee slapped Bora's head gently, "I got rejected by the most handsome senior when I was in high school. I felt like I was going to die, but my friends dragged me to a karaoke place. My mind just emptied itself of all those useless feelings. I was actually perfectly fine the next day."

     "Alright..." Bora acquiesced.

     "Come on," Mrs. Lee encouraged, "Let's go talk it out with Ahjussi."

     "Okay," Bora laughed. 

     And she managed to ardently smile.