Sincere Love for the First and Last Time :(

Opposites Attract

     The room suddenly erupted into an uproar. Suzy and Jonghyun made eye contact and both didn't know what to do. Park Gaehyun tried to calm down everyone, but people were talking over each other and didn't care about his speech anymore. Jonghyun for some reason wasn't able to get up from his chair, until Minhyuk shook him.

     "Jonghyun-ssi!" he called out urgently, "Go!"

     Jonghyun, so overwhelmed, simply stared blankly at Minhyuk.

     Then out of nowhere, Jonghyun was looking at Suzy instead. 

     "Jonghyun-ssi," she said, "Let's go to your father. Now."

     

     Jonghyun eventually found himself racing out of Gyungdae, hand in hand, with Suzy. 

     "I have my car," she said, only looking straight ahead, "You're in no mind state to drive properly." 

     Jonghyun felt lost, but he felt secure because...he was with...

    ...her. 

     

     (Not sure why but I thought...if this was a drama, the song It's Okay by Younha would be playing...since Jonghyun is hurting inside because he has to push his feelings away.)

 

     "Jonghyun," Suzy spoke first, staring into the front windshield, "Are you okay?"

     Jonghyun couldn't reply. He simply stared into his empty lap and he felt his hand. It felt cold the second he had let go of Suzy's. 

     "I know," Suzy said, holding in her hurt feelings, "That you've been pushing me away...and I know everything's happening fast..."

     A red light.

     Suzy gazed at Jonghyun. His face was red and he had his lips curled in, trying to stop himself from crying. 

     "But, just know," she stammered, "I'll be here."

     "Why..." Jonghyun finally asked, although his voice was all croaky, "Why do you care about me so much?"

     Suzy reached out her hand to cover his hand with hers, but the traffic light changed to green, so unfortunately, she put it on the steering wheel instead. And for some reason, she couldn't answer Jonghyun's question. The rest of the car ride was dead silent.

     "Suzy," Jonghyun managed to look up to her face.

     Suzy pulled the car over by the hospital.

     "Yeah?" she asked, trying to be composed, showing that she was strong. 

     Jonghyun leaned in and held her face with his two hands. He moved his lips into hers and Suzy slowly closed her eyes. She wished the kiss had been held for an eternity. When their faces pulled apart, Suzy flushed bright pink, but Jonghyun remained with a solemn expression.

     "I've decided that I'm going to do whatever my father wishes, so that means what I just did, won't happen. Ever. Again." he said in a deep tone.

     "Jonghyun," Suzy pleaded and grabbed his hand with hers.

     "And, so you better listen carefully, alright?" Jonghyun's voice broke and a tear dropped off his chin, "Because this is the first and last time I'll say this."

     I love you.

     Suzy predicted inside her head.

     But she got something else.

     "Thank you," Jonghyun said instead, "For everything."

     And he the side of her head, pushing a few strands behind her ear. Then, without a word, he ran into the hospital's front doors, leaving Suzy alone.

     No, he hadn't said he loved her, but rather had showed his gratitude. And for some reason, Suzy knew that even just thank you meant so much more. Jonghyun had given her not just his gratitude, but his sincerity.

     His sincerity showing that he really loved her.