A Not so Care-Free World

Opposites Attract

      "I don't want to do this!" Jonghyun shouted at his mother. 

    "Your father is in the hospital right now and he can't work in the company!" Jonghyun's mother, Mrs. Lee shouted at her son.

    "No," Jonghyun persisted to go against his mother and sat down on the living room couch with his arms crossed. 

    "What kind of a son are you?" Mrs. Lee shrieked and went over to her son, whacking him with her designer bag. 

    "Oma!" Jonghyun yelled, running away from her.

    "Secretary Kim!" Mrs. Lee screamed. 

    A scrawny man dressed in a black suit sprinted towards Mrs. Lee and politely bowed his head. 

    "Freeze his cards," Mrs. Lee glared at her son, "Until he decides to take up his father's CEO position. Such an ungrateful son doesn't deserve the luxury of money."

    "Oma!" Jonghyun shouted and pointed his finger at Secretary Kim, "If you freeze my cards, I'm going to make sure you're fired!" 

    Uncertain of what to do with his job in jeopardy, Secretary Kim simply looked at Mrs. Lee.

    "Secretary Kim, have power here," Mrs. Lee warned him, "That imbecile does not. He feeds off his father, the same person that he refuses to help." 

    "Oma," Jonghyun walked up to his mother and stared at her boldy face-to-face, "You're gonna regret this."

    Jonghyun grabbed his jacket and stormed out of the house without waiting for his mother to respond. 

   It was almost midnight in Seoul and Jonghyun stared up into the bright city lights and closed his eyes, listening to the rustling of feet and the honking of cars. He took a deep breath and pulled his phone from his pocket. He scrolled through his contact list. He contemplated if his friends were available or not to hang out on this late Friday night. 

    Ailee: Nah, she's probably too busy with her music stuff. 

    Amber: She's always with her parents...I doubt she'll even be allowed to leave the house at this time. 

    Bora: Hey...she's a partier.

    Jonghyun pressed Bora's contact and held the phone to his ear, but the ringing kept going. 

    "Aish," he ended the call, "Whatever, I'll go by myself."

    He walked a few minutes until he reached Club Answer, one of the most popular night clubs in Seoul. "High High" by GD and  TOP was pounding through the building's walls. He walked up to one of the bouncers and handed him the entrance fee. 

    "You need to be wearing proper club attire," and the bouncer shooed Jonghyun away. 

    "Heh," Jonghyun scoffed, simply in disbelief that he, the future heir of one of Seoul's greatest corporations, Gyungdae, had been rejected entrance to a night club. 

    "Ya," he crossed his arms and spread his feet shoulder length apart, standing with a firm stance, "Do you know who I am?" 

    "Yes," the bouncer replied cooly, "Someone wearing khaki shorts and some graphic tee that can't come in."

    Just before Jonghyun was about to have his fist flying, a smooth, pale hand, with its nails painted a dark red, laid itself on his shoulder.

    Jonghyun turned around. 

    "Bora," he was relieved. 

    "He's with me," Bora told the bouncer and the bouncer quickly snatched Jonghyun's money and let them in. 

    Once they entered, Jonghyun gave his friend a tight hug. 

    "You look hot," he said, teasing her. 

    Bora was dressed in a tight strapless red mini dress with black stilettos. She had curled her hair so it laid gently on her shoulders. She walked up to Jonghyun and grabbed his collar roughly. She placed her nose right below his and whispered,

    "I know."

    Jonghyun just laughed and pushed her off. Bora crinkled her nose in dismay that he didn't have a better reaction. 

    "How'd you get me in here?" he asked as they both walked down the stairs towards the wild crowd of clubbers.

    "I have a mutual friend with the owner of this place," Bora shouted as the music drained her voice out.

    She quickly grabbed Jonghyun's hand and rushed him over to the dance floor. She took both of his and ran them down her body. Jonghyun was a bit startled by Bora's bold move. Bora gave him a seductive glance. Jonghyun shook his head and just went along with it. It didn't matter to him what he did tonight.