2: First Encounter

Thank you, my love

"RINGGGGGGGGGGGG"

The bell for lunch break had finally rang. Eunhye had to keep her books before leaving as she had self-practice periods for the rest of the day. It was part of the curriculum time for the Music Department students.

The canteen was already filled with students when Eunhye and Jiyoon reached the canteen. 

"Ah! Oppas are sitting at the corner. Let's go!" Jiyoon pulled Eunhye’s left arm without realising that her violin case had hit someone.

"Choesong-hamnida!!" Eunhye turned and apologised. “Choesong-hamnida, sunbaenim!” Eunhye knew this poised lady in front of her was a senior from the University counterpart of the school. 

Students from the highschool counerpart wore navy blazers, however students from the University counterpart had grey blazers. 

Eunhye looked up to this pretty sunbae and bowed because the bottle of water which the sunbae was holding had spilled onto her blazer. For a moment, she was glad that it was just a bottle of water. Eunhye offered her some tissue paper while she was swiping the droplets off her blazer. "It's okay, it is just an accident. I should have looked carefully when I was walking too." The sunbae smiled.

At this moment, a handsome looking-guy with dark chestnut brown hair walked over, followed by a group of other 6 guys, the INFINITE members.

"Hyorin-noona, gwaenchanyo? Let me accompany you to the toilet to clean up."

"Ah, Myungsoo ah, gwaenchana gwaenchana, it's just water." The sunbaenim smiled.

Eunhye looked at her, blinking both of her wide-round eyes. "So her name is Hyorin. And this guy is.. Myungsoo??"

In fact, she did not really know who these people were. In her school life, she had only knew Jiyoon and the BEAST-oppas.

 

Sensing the crowd hovering in the middle, Junhyung looked up. He saw Eunhye and Jiyoon were there. He nudged the rest of the BEAST members, walking over as well. "Eunhye ah. Wae? What's the commotion about?" 

Before Eunhye could speak, the small-eyed leader interrupted. "Ah, you are Yong Junhyung from the Music Department right? Annyeong, I'm Kim Sungkyu, from the Sports Department. Nothing much happened actually, just a small accident, spilled water." He grinned.

Junhyung looked at the 2 girls as they nodded. Sensing the awkward situation, Doojoon quickly apologised again before bringing the 2 girls and the group back to their seats. Eunhye was still thinking about Hyorin and L. 

Hyorin must be that guy's girlfriend. He was so tensed up when he saw her. And that guy, Myungsoo. He looked so handsome with his sculptured-looking features.

It was the first time Eunhye blushed because of a person from the opposite gender.

 

And that was their first encounter.

 

A nudge on Eunhye's shoulders cut her thoughts. "Yah, are you okay? You have been spacing out for the past 3 minutes. Your face is red, are you having a fever?" "A.. Aniyo, Junhyung-oppa. I'm fine. Just thinking about what i should practise later." Eunhye lied and gave a wide smile to her protective oppa.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yah yah! You know who that cute girl was? She is Choi Eunhye! The legendary ice-princess!" Woohyun and Sungyeol exclaimed after they had walked far enough away from the canteen.

The rest of the guys looked at them with that bewildered look on their face. "Don't tell me you guys don't know her! OMO. She is the girl from the Music Department that plays the piano and violin really well. I heard that she had rejected all the confessions! Cold like an iceberg. So attractive. Just like our ice prince, L!" Sungyeol waved his hands excitedly while putting his shoulders over L.

The rest of the boys tried recalling while walking. It seemed that these kingkas had a book of pretty girls in their mind, thinking hard about who this Choi Eunhye might be.

Even if they could not remember, it was an undeniable fact that the girl was pretty.

However, there was this one and only uninterested guy who was more worried about his noona's blazer. He shrugged himself out of Sungyeol’s arm and paced towards Hyorin, bugging her like a small kid. "Noona, we can borrow a fresh set of clothes from the school office if you are feeling uncmfortable in it. Or maybe I can go. You can wait for me in class or the dance studio." 

"Myungsoo ah! I'm really okay! Don't make such a fuss out of it. It's just water okay, baby~"

Baby. The word baby made L’s heart fluttered. It was a habit for Hyorin to poke fun of her cute dongsaeng. Of course, she knew L had a crush on her since she visited their house when she was 17, and he was 14.

He called it love at first sight. He confessed when he finished his middle school. But to Hyorin, he was just a brother. Furthurmore, he was younger than she was.

It was impossible. But she disliked the fact that there were so many girls surrounding him. She knew that L would stay loyal to her, but there was a need to keep these butterflies away.

To maintain her popularity in school with the help of INFINITE.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The bell for the last lesson finally rang.

Eunhye stretched her hands after practising her violin for 3hrs. She looked at her watch. 4PM.

While moving over to pick up her violin case, the image of L helping Hyorin to clean her blazer flashed past her mind suddenly. OMO, I must be crazy! That shocked Eunhye a lot, making her froze on the spot. She did not expect herself to remember that scene.

After slapping her face lightly to wake herself up to her senses, she picked up her phone.

One missed call from Junhyung-oppa. Seven Whatsapp messages from Junhyung-oppa.

 

From: Junhyung-oppa

-- Yah. Pick up your phone.

-- You must be so engrossed again.

-- It’s alright. Don’t need to call me back after your practice.

-- Just telling that I will not be going to work today, I have informed the store manager. I have to finish up this composition for the school event.

-- Take care of yourself tonight when you end work.

-- Don’t use the shortcut. Walk on the main streets, arraseo?

-- Call me if anything happens.

 

Eunhye’s crossed her eyebrows when she saw the messages from Junhyung. He is sure a worrywart. But she did not know, Junhyung was like that to her, only.

To: Junhyung-oppa

-- Oppa, you will turn old very quickly if you keep nagging at me.

-- Stop treating me like a kid already, will you?

 

Junhyung smiled when he looked at the replies. Before he could reply, his heart pained.

To: Junhyung-oppa

-- Oppa ah, gomawoyo. I will keep a lookout and take care myself.

-- Saranghaeyo. <3

 

She did not know his true feelings for her. But he rather she not know. He chose to be an oppa so he could stay by her side without any reason.

He could not help but feel the ache in him when he looked at the messages again.

 

After replying Junhyung, Eunhye texted Jiyoon.

To: Jiyoon

-- Jiyoon ah. I will end work at about 10PM. I will text you again before I leave my work place, so you will not reach my house too early.

-- Remember to bring some snacks when you come. Entrance fees, yea? :P

From: Jiyoon

-- Arraseo. Stingy fellow.

 

Eunhye sneered when she saw Jiyoon's reply. She was definitely her best friend.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As she walked out, she noticed a posh black car parked just right outside the gate. The tinted windows were so dark that it was impossible to figure out who was sitting inside. As she was about to walk away, someone called out. "Choi Eunhye-ssi? Are you Miss Choi?"

Eunhye turned around to see a man with neatly-combed back hair cladded in black suit. He was showing his brightest smile as he walked towards Eunhye, making her retreated a few steps due to this stranger's approach.

"How did you know my name? Who are you? What do you want?" Eunhye was feeling flustered.

"Oh, calm down, young lady. I'm the secretary of the CEO of Universe Corporation. Our CEO would like to meet you now for a short while. It will not take too much of your time." Hearing what this man had said startled Eunhye even more. 

"Sorry? You are from Universe Corporation? Your CEO would like to see me? But I don't know him." In Eunhye's mind, she had pictured the CEO to be a man, in his mid-60s.

"Miss Choi, you have misunderstood. Our CEO is a lady. She is a very nice person. Please do not worry and just come with me." Eunhye wanted to call Junhyung upon hearing that.

But deep down in her heart somehow, she knew she had to meet this person. And this man right here did not look too much of a bad guy. Furthurmore, if anything happened along the way, she could call the police. Or maybe send a text to Junhyung.

 

"Alright. I will meet her. But I have work at 6PM. It is already 4.30PM now. I believe it will be too rushed to meet her today." Eunhye replied while lifting her violin case to her back.

"Do not worry Miss Choi, as long as we leave now, i will drive you back to your work place before 6PM." With that assurance, Eunhye climbed up to the back seat of the posh black car, with a curious mind and slightly uneasy heart.

 

 

 

OH YEAH! Chapter two is here!

Thank you very much for all the views and my first subscriber! :D

The real story is finally starting after the intro chapters.

Please give me lots of support and don't forget to comment & subscribe!

Thanks all! :D