5: Meetup

Thank you, my love

“What if it’s a scheme? Maybe she did it on purpose to Uncle and Auntie’s company so they can acquire it when it was at it wits’ end? Her corporation is bigger than what you expect! She might have manipulated something!! Or maybe it is a scam? She will not help you even if you move in!” Her sudden decision had made Junhyung flared up. To him, moving in was definitely the last choice she should consider.

She could not even stop Junhyung from his sudden outburst.

“Arraseo oppa. I said…” Eunhye tried to rebut. “No! Don’t you say anything! You have to think careful… …” Junhyung interrupted. “OPPA! Listen to me! I said I was going to consider. I have not decided yet. Calm down!” Eunhye swore she could see fumes coming out from Junhyung’s nose.

At this moment, the other customers around them had already turned their heads to look at this noisy pair. Eunhye and Junhyung turned their bodies around and did a small bow, initiating an apology for making so much noise.

 

“Choi Eunhye. There is something I have to tell you.” Junhyung started.

“What?” Eunhye looked up.

“The grandson of Universe Corporation is L. If you remember, his last name is Kim.” Eunhye chuckled upon hearing that, holding her cup. “Yah oppa, please think of a better reason if you want to make me change my mind. That’s such a lousy excuse.”

Junhyung looked at her with a solemn face, reaching his hand out to her cup and placed it back to the saucer. “Do I look like I’m kidding?” Upon hearing it, Eunhye’s grin turned to a straight face. She realised that Junhyung was not joking, he would not joke about such things in the first place. Knowing this fact had made Eunhye indecisive of her decision already.


 

The fact that L was Mrs Kim’s grandson had made Eunhye’s decision even more difficult. She did not expect him to be someone she knew, if he was a total stranger it would not be bad.

During class, she could not concentrate at all. Jiyoon had caught her staring out of the window or doodling on her textbooks. When she thought she could speak to her during lunch, Eunhye stood up. “Jiyoon mianhae. I’m not going for lunch. I don’t have much appetite. Please help me inform the BEAST-oppas that I’m sorry for that too. Enjoy lunch.” She trailed off after giving her a weak smile.

Jiyoon knew Eunhye would always go to the rooftop of the school whenever she had any troubles which she could not resolve. As expected, she found her sitting in the middle of the empty space. Before she walked further, she sent a text to her brother to tell that both of them will not be going down for lunch.

“Choi Eunhye!” Jiyoon crept up silently beside her. Eunhye jumped a bit when she heard her name, but smiled after she saw her best friend. “Eunhye ah. You know you can tell me your problems right? I might not be able to help, but maybe it will make you feel better.” She settled herself beside Eunhye. “I know you don’t want me to be feel awful too. But if you hide it from me, I will get angry and feel even worse.” Jiyoon consoled, putting her hand across Eunhye’s shoulders.

Eunhye let out a huge sigh. She was not going to hide. She had already planned to tell Jiyoon and the other BEAST members, just that she did not know how to start.

She started explaining to Jiyoon about everything, from the beginning of how she met the secretary to meeting the CEO. Just like how Junhyung had reacted in the beginning, she could only listen and nod with wide open. When Eunhye started about living together with them and the fact that L was her grandson, Jiyoon’s eyes opened even wider and gasped.

“WHAT!”

“Yang Jiyoon, don’t be such a drama queen here please. You are really not helping in this situation.” Eunhye glared.

“Yah! Who’s the dramatic one? What you have told me only happens in soap operas! You are not lying right?” Jiyoon rebutted.


 

On the other hand, Yoseob told the rest of the BEAST members after receiving his sister’s text. The guys started bombarding questions at him after knowing that the both of them were not coming.

Yoseob showed his phone screen to them, telling them that he tried to ask but Jiyoon had stopped replying.

Junhyung knew that the reason must be because of Eunhye. He told the guys everything on behalf of Eunhye after much consideration. “I don’t think she will be angry, maybe they will have a better idea in solving this issue.” He thought.

Even though they were shocked, they were more interested about how Eunhye was going to make the decision. This would be the first time she had to be independent with her decision, since it would affect not only herself, but her family too.


 

Junhyung waited for Eunhye at the back door after their work ended. He would always walk her home even though it meant that he would need to walk a considerable distance back to get home.

As they walked along the pavement, they could feel the soft and comfortable breeze brushing their face.

“Are you okay?” Junhyung asked carefully.

“Of course I’m okay!” Eunhye beamed.

“Are you sure? The box almost fell on you today while you were doing stock checking. If not for Jiho-hyung, you would have injured yourself already.” He looked intensely at Eunhye.

Eunhye looked down and looked at her shoes. “Hmmm… I’m really okay. Just that I’m not sure if I will make the right choice. But I will not regret my decision as long as I have considered it well.”

Junhyung stretched out his hand and ruffled Eunhye’s hair. “Alright. If you have made any decision just tell me. I will support it. Because you are so stubborn that you will not listen to my advices.”

Eunhye pouted and nodded. “I will, oppa.”

“Just remember that I will always be there for you when you have any problems.” Junhyung assured.

Eunhye let out a wide smile. Seeing her smile made it all worthwhile for what he had done for her.


 

For the next few days, the representative of her parents’ company had made many visits to her school after Eunhye started to ignore his calls and texts. It had already started to attract attention from her school mates. She could see people pointing fingers and gossiping behind her back, making her uncomfortable.

Either choice she was not going to feel better. But there was a priority.

She had made up mind.

She would meet up with the Mrs Kim, with her conditions.


 

It was a Saturday noon and she was going to meet Mrs Kim, together with the principal of her orphanage. Eunhye thought she should come as she was Eunhye’s guardian after she moved to the orphanage. She had a hard time explaining, but the principal assured her. “I believe you have considered all the points carefully before making this decision. So no matter what you do, I will give you my utmost support.”

Eunhye was playing with her phone while the both of them waited for the Mrs Kim to come. She sent a text to their group chat which included Jiyoon and the BEAST members.

 

From: Eunhye

-- Annyeong Jiyoon and oppas. I have made up my mind. I’m meeting up with Universe Corporation’s CEO today and I will move in with her should she agrees to my requests. I know the decision might sound sudden, but this is the only thing I can do for my parents in paradise.

-- I hope you guys can understand me.

To her delight, she had replies from everyone in just a minute. Voicing their support.

From: Jiyoon

-- EUNHYEE HWAITING! Saranghae! <3

From: Doojoon

-- Hwaiting, Eunhye-ah!

From: Dongwoon

-- Oppas will definitely give you our support.

From: Hyunseung

-- Okay.

Eunhye smiled as she saw Hyunseung’s reply. As expected, an answer from the cool oppa.

From: Yoseob

-- Hwaiting Eunhye. Remember to tell us what happened when you come back to school.

From: Gikwang

-- Don’t give up as long as you have faith in yourself.

Everyone had replied. Except Junhyung.

She had expected it. That was the reason why she did not want to tell him anything. Because he would be so rash. She did not want Junhyung to get into any trouble. Just as she thought he was angry, her phone lit.

It was an individual message from Junhyung.

From: Junhyung

-- As long as you have made up your mind, I will give you my support. I know your stand will not waver no matter what I say.

-- Like what I say. Just tell me everything. I do not want to be the last person to know what had happened to you.

-- Hwaiting.

Eunhye felt encouraged after seeing Junhyung’s support. She knew she had not made a wrong choice.

Mrs Kim and Mr Lee finally arrived. They apologised for being late because she was held up by an overseas video conference.

Soon after their beverages came, they started their discussion after Mr Lee left them.

Mrs Kim started, “As long as you move in to live with me, I will agree to whatever requests you have.” She slightly tilted her body to face the principal. “And I would like to have the custody of Eunhye until she becomes an adult officially. Since she is moving in, it will be better right?” The principal nodded slightly.

After a few tries, Eunhye finally made up her mind to speak. “Erm. If I move in, I hope you can invest and help on my family’s company. They are currently having a financial problem and it will turn bankrupt if funds do not reach them by month end.”

“Of course I will. I promised you. I will help them and continue to let them run on their own. I will only invest.” She promised. “And since we finally get to meet officially like this, I would like to introduce my grandson to you. As I have mentioned, he is of the same age as you. So don’t feel too uncomfortable.” Mrs Kim smiled.

Eunhye gasped silently upon hearing that. “This means I will see L soon. NOOOO!”

As soon as she finished her thoughts, L was walking briskly towards them. L was shocked to see her. “WHAT THE HELL? It’s her again?” He recalled the incident by the gate and also the first time they met in the canteen.

L composed himself and smiled. “Annyeong-haseyo. Kim Myungsoo-imnida. But you can call me L.”

“Such a young fine man.” The principal nodded.

“Actually, we know each other already. We have seen each other for a couple of times in school.” L started. Eunhye’s eyes shot open when she heard that. She laughed awkwardly, “Ne. he helped me to reach school on time the other day.”

L smirked.

They talked for a while before the two ladies requested to go to the washroom. L took this chance to tease Eunhye again.

“Yah, if I fall in love with you and you will be the heiress to the company when we get engaged! Good deal right?” L smirked again, pissing Eunhye off, “Please wipe that smirk off your face.” She did not want to defend herself, neither did she want to explain herself. “He can think what he wants, I don’t care.”

When the two ladies came back, Eunhye spoke up. “There is another request. I would like to continue on my part time jobs. And I will pay you back regularly. Even though the money will definitely be very meagre as compared to what you are going to invest in. If you don’t agree, I will reconsider my decision.”

Mrs Kim knew Eunhye was stubborn and once she had decided, she would not change her mind. “Arraseo. You can repay me slowly.”


 

After they had finished. Mrs Kim mentioned that she had to leave for another meeting, and the principal had to go back to the orphanage to settle some paperwork. They left together as soon as Mr Lee arrived with the car.

Before L climbed up the car, he stuck his tongue out at Eunhye and smirked again. “Ah… Such an irritating person!” Eunhye thought.

She had changed her impression towards this guy. To think that she blushed when she saw L for the first time. Definitely not judge a person by its cover.

 

“L Kim, watch it!” Eunhye scoffed.

 

 

 

New chapter! :D

L and Eunhye have finally cross swords!

Look forward to more of their interactions in the future chapters~

Thank you to all my subscribers. <3

Please don't forget to subscribe and comment.

KAMSAHAMNIDA! ^^v