20: Her Birthday

Thank you, my love

“Aish…” L sighed while he was browsing the internet.

He was looking for the perfect place for Eunhye’s birthday celebration. But after spending hours on it, he had still not found the place he wanted. He was clicking and typing away on his laptop but ideas were not coming in.

He was particularly careful about Eunhye’s birthday because this would be the first time they were going to celebrate it as a couple. Thinking back, it was almost a year since they have been together. It had to be an awesome plan to surprise her.

L smiled to himself as he buried himself in his deep thoughts.

 

Just then, the door clicked open and Eunhye came in with a glass of apple juice. L jumped from his seat and minimized all his windows from the laptop. “Why did you not knock when you come in? What if I… I was changing?”

Giving a puzzled look, Eunhye put the glass of apple juice on the table before turning to look at him. “I did knock. You were the one that did not hear it. Plus if you were changing, you would lock the door right?” She eyed L and his laptop suspiciously. “Were you surfing some rated websites? That was why you were scared that I would see right! Kim Myungsoo!”

L rolled his eyes and held onto Eunhye’s hand. “Ani, I’m not. I’m just surfing the net. Normal sites.” Eunhye ran to the back of L’s seat and scanned through his screen, but could see nothing. “I told you…” L pulled Eunhye back to him.

Eunhye frowned. She felt like L was lying to her, but did not know that the reason he lied was because he was researching on her birthday plans. They started bickering like a loving couple, but did not give each other a break. She really wanted to know what he was doing just now because it was the first time he had such a reaction.

Eunhye stretched out her hands to snatch his laptop away from him so she could see what he was really doing. But L was faster with his longer hands, he grabbed his laptop before she could lay her hands on it.

Losing to L, Eunhye pretended to be angry with him and turned her back away from him. “Fine, since you don’t want to tell me and I won’t win you in this snatching game. I’m going to leave. You can do whatever you want. BYE.”

Sensing the seriousness of the situation, L pulled Eunhye back and apologised. “Sorry… Don’t be angry okay. I was really not doing anything weird just now.” Before Eunhye could reply, L pushed her down to her bed and started tickling her.

“Yahh! Stop it!” Eunhye shrieked and laughed as she wriggled on L’s bed. Not listening to her, L increased his tickling speed. “I will not stop unless you stop being angry. Keke.” Finally catching L’s hands, Eunhye surrendered. “Arraseo arraseo! I’m not angry anymore. Stop it.”

L smiled as soon as Eunhye surrendered. Both of them laid down at the edge of the bed and started chatting. And it came to the point about Eunhye’s birthday which was reaching soon.

L remembered the problem he had just now, but decided to just book her on her birthday before someone else had plans. “Remember to keep yourself free on your birthday. Don’t meet anyone. You belong to me, understand?”

“Hmm… I’m not sure if I’m really free on that day. I have class on that day. But after school… I don’t know?” Eunhye chuckled as she finished her sentence. L turned his body to face Eunhye with a stern face, “YAH!” Seeing his reaction made Eunhye really amused.

Sometimes, she felt that L is really like a big kid. “Okay okay. I promise. I will keep myself free that day, alright?” L smiled upon hearing her confirmation.

They sat up from the bed and Eunhye laid her head on his shoulders. Both of them enjoying the scenery of the deep blue sky from L’s French windows.

L understood what Eunhye really liked would definitely not something meaningless or extravagant. He needs to go for something special.


 

The day had finally arrived.

On the morning of Eunhye’s birthday, L had woken up especially early to prepare seaweed soup for her. The pot and utensils were laid messily on the kitchen top. It was the first time he was going to cook and he was getting constant naggings from Auntie Jung to watch the fire.

With Auntie Jung’s nagging and advices, he succeeded at his first attempt. Despite feeling really speechless over the mess that he had done, she was really happy that L was doing such things. The current L was finally “humane”, he was no longer that cold city man which the INFINITE members had since they knew each other.

~~

Eunhye skipped down the stairs after preparing for the day. She took a seat at the dining table and L placed the tray on the table. “Omo. Seaweed soup! Did you make this yourself?” L nodded proudly and urged her to try. Eunhye gave him a thumbs-up as she savoured the soup. Although she was surprised by the seaweed soup, she could not help but to feel a bit disappointed that L did not give her anything on her birthday.

Just as when they were finishing up their breakfast, Mrs Kim gestured Mr Lee to bring out the present that she had prepared. It was a new violin case. “Thank you, granny!” Eunhye cheered as she threw herself into Mrs Kim’s embrace. Not losing out, Auntie Jung gifted her a new sweater and even Mr Lee gifted her a pair of new boots which she could wear in the winter.

“Myungsoo, we have given our presents. What have you prepared?” Mrs Kim asked as Eunhye turned to look at L eagerly. Pretending to be nonchalant, L frowned. “I have already prepared the seaweed soup, it should be counted as a big present right?” He turned and looked at Eunhye. “You like this present right?” Eunhye nodded awkwardly. Of course she could not express her disappointment so shamelessly in front of everyone. But she was really happy about L’s seaweed soup.

L smirked as he turned away to pick his bag up. His plan would be starting soon.


 

“Click.”

Eunhye swung the door open as she carried the presents in which she had received in school. The members of INFINITE and BEAST, as well as Jiyoon had threw a party for her after school. She even received gifts from her "fans" and secret admirers even though she was attached now.

She could not find L in school nor able to contact him after the party. “Aish. He told me to keep myself free yet he is nowhere to be seen.” Eunhye pouted as she carried the presents up to her room. She had wanted to ask L to help her with the presents, but he did not pick up his phone at all.

Eunhye felt really disappointed as she dragged her feet into the room. She was disappointed that they could not even have dinner together. As she walked to her desk, she found a note which L had left.

 

Come to the beach which is located behind our house now.

 

Eunhye smiled as she read the note. Changing into pretty clothes and checking her appearance at the mirror, she left the house excitedly.


 

By the time she had reached the beach, the sun had already set and it was pretty dark with only dimly-lit lamps along the walkway. She hesitated to continue walking as she realised that it was getting really dark.

She picked up her phone and dialled L's number. It rang a few times before he picked it up.

“L? Where are you? I’m here.”

“You have reached? Come to the centre of the beach. I’ll be waiting for you.”

“But… It’s quite dark. And I…”

“You will see me as soon as you walk in. There will be lights here. Don’t be scared, alright?”

Eunhye hung up the call and clenched her teeth as she walked in. she held onto the handrails along the pathway, tracing the route to the middle of the beach. She could see the beautiful sea as she stood in the middle of the beach.

 

BOOM!

The first set of fireworks lit above her. The sudden loud sounds shocked her a bit, but she soon forgot about it as she looked at the beautiful fireworks above her.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The continuous fireworks lit up the beach instantly. As expected, it was L’s plan. She enjoyed the pretty works and felt pity that it was all gone so quickly.

As the fireworks came to an end, the lights at the beach lit up. With the soft orange light, L walked out with a cake in his hand and sang the birthday song for her. Eunhye turned teary as she heard L’s voice.

She was really touched by it. She had predicted a birthday celebration, but did not expect to see all these.

L freed one of his hands and wiped her cheeks. “It’s your birthday today, you should not cry.” He smiled as he brought Eunhye to the mat which he had priorly prepared. He nudged Eunhye to take a seat before she blew the candles and made her wish. L handed her the knife to cut the cake while he laid out all the food which he had prepared.

Eunhye was in awe to see what he had prepared. There were sandwiches, kimbap and even fruits. “Did you prepare these all by yourselves?” Her eyes opened wide in surprise. “Yeah, mostly. With the help of Auntie Jung too.” He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly at his inability to cook.

Eunhye stretched her arms and gave L a hug. She was really happy and this year’s birthday was really different. L pulled her back as he reached for the third surprise. “Are you ready for the next surprise?”

Before she could react, L took out a bouquet of roses from behind. It was wrapped with pink pretty wrappers. In between the roses, a box was hidden amongst. “Open the box.” L instructed as Eunhye carefully took the box out.

The box looked just like any other box. Her anticipation rose as she opened it.

It was necklace with a star pendant. The star pendant was also surrounded by many stars which were smaller-in size. As Eunhye turned the pendant to its back, she saw her name engraved on it.

EH

“Do you like it?” L asked Eunhye whom was turning teary again. Eunhye nodded profusely as the present L had gifted. This was the best present she had received in her life. “This way, you will be able to see the stars no matter where you are. You can always look at it in the day or night, bright or dark.” L smiled as he explained the purpose in his present.

Hearing his thoughts, Eunhye teared and it flustered L. “Ahh… Why are you crying? Don’t cry anymore. You will not look pretty like that.” His words made Eunhye laughed a bit and L took the opportunity to wipe her tears.

“Thank you so much. I really… Did not expect this. No one had celebrated my birthday like this before and no one had done so much for me besides my parents. Really thank you.” L hugged Eunhye tightly in his embrace and kissed her forehead. “Pabo.”

As he let go of Eunhye, he started his bullying to her again. “You were sad that I did not give you anything this morning, right? Keke. It was allllll written on your face.” Feeling embarrassed, Eunhye smacked L’s chest playfully and tried to turn away.

“The last present.” Eunhye opened her eyes wide in surprise as L took out his guitar and started strumming. Eunhye held her heart, the surprises which L had given were too much for her weak heart to withstand. But she was really sure that the man in front of her was the right one.

VIXX - Thank You For Being Born

(*A/N: Below is just an extract of the chorus.^^)

축하해 Happy birthday to my love

Congratulations, happy birthday to my love

십년이 지나도 하루가 지난것처럼

I won’t change,

변하지를 않기를 매일 설레기를

I’ll make your heart race every day

나는 약속해

I promise you

고마워 너무 Thank you for my love

Thank you so much, thank you for my love

너 태어나줘서 오늘 이렇게 내게 와줘서

For being born today, for coming to me

널 만난 건 내게 큰 행운이야

Meeting you was a great fortune in my life

자 이제 촛불을 꺼줄래 My love

Now blow out the candles, my love

 

Eunhye was surprised at how well L could sing. It was the best song she had heard for the entire year. She wiped her tears again and held onto L's hands, "I'm more thankful to you for coming into my life. Thank you."

~~

After packing up everything, both of them strolled along the beach enjoying the sea breeze of the night. L picked up a stick which he managed to see while they were walking.

“Turn around. I’m going to write you a message.” L commanded Eunhye as they stopped by to take a rest. “You can just write, I won’t look until you tell me to do so.” L shook her head and went to turn Eunhye around himself instead. “It will be done soon. Wait for a while.” He pinched her nose as he walked to the space behind Eunhye.

 

“Done! You can turn now.” L echoed.

Eunhye turned her body and look at the sand. She blushed a bit and laughed at L’s cheesiness. Because the words that he had written showed:

 

I LOVE YOU.

 

She ran to L and gave him a big hug once again. L’s hand rose and cupped her cheeks, both of them looking into each other’s eyes. Gradually closing their eyes, both of them locked their lips under the beautiful starry sky, confirming their love for one another.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello!

Sorry for the slight delay, but this chapter is gonna make it up!

Time for some super sweet parts, i hope it has melted you too. Keke.

Thank you once again to all my subscribers and for all the comments.

Please continue to support the story! :D

And and and~ Please spend a little time to cast your votes after Chapter16 if you have no done so.

Thank you! Annyeong!^^