9: Avoid; Surprise

Thank you, my love

Eunhye walked through the gate, leaving Hyorin and L by themselves at the threshold of the gate.

She felt a tug in her heart and her chest ache a bit. Eunhye lifted her hand and gently pounded at the weird aching area. She could only tell her heart to stop behaving this way.

This feeling was unknown.

She just felt dejected and angry when she saw L hugging Hyorin.


 

Hyorin pulled away after Eunhye had walked in, giving L the sweetest smile she could.

“Noona! You want to come inside and take a seat?” L’s eyes twinkled in excitement, seeing Hyorin just outside his house. Hyorin shook her head. “Mianhae, Myungsoo-ah. I have something on later. I happened to pass by just now so I wanted to visit you and granny, but Auntie Jung said the both of you were not back yet. I’m glad that I still manage to see you before I leave.” She stretched her hand and patted L's head.

Hyorin adjusted the strap of her bag before continuing. “Anyway, you have not answered my question yet?” L looked at her with his aegyo-filled eyes, completely forgotten about what she had asked him already.

“Did the both of you come back together from school?” She reminded.

She lifted up her hand and the plastered bruise beside L’s lips. “Did you fought again?” L gently removed her hand away from his face. “I fought with a reason. There were three annoying gangsters harassing Eunhye just now. So I had to do something to chase them away. We came back together after she helped me apply the medication on the bruises.” He grinned.

Hyorin nodded silently with thoughts running through her mind.

She gave L a hug again which made his heart fluttered, reminding L not to fight again in the future because her heart broke seeing him injured like this. He smiled widely upon hearing his noona’s confession.


 

At home, Eunhye tried to avoid L at all costs.

If he walked up the stairs, she would return to her room.

If he came out from his room, she would run into the toilet.

She had decided to do this until she had found a reason to explain why her heart was feeling like that.

As L exited his room to go to the living room, Eunhye came out of her room as well. “Oh no.” She frowned a bit, pretending to be calm and hurriedly made her way down immediately without exchanging greetings with L. She did not even look into his eyes for once.

Eunhye’s actions had made L felt absurd. It was definitely not pure coincidence that she was ignoring her since it had happened for a couple of times already. But he let it pass and made his way down after Eunhye had left.

Eunhye went to the kitchen. She was going to help Auntie Jung prepare for tonight’s dinner since she was still out in the courtyard bringing the clean laundry back. Seeing Eunhye in the kitchen, L walked into the kitchen too, eyes not leaving Eunhye. He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and drank it, leaning against the cabinet top.

L was looking at Eunhye. She tiptoed to get a sieving basket from the cabinet above her head. But the basket was too far in and she could not reach it no matter how hard she stretched. She was giving a last long stretch when she felt someone’s chest leaning on her back, hands stretched too.

It was L.

He wanted to ignore her since she ignored him too. But he could not.

Their hands brushed against each other while he brought the basket out from the cabinet. Eunhye flushed and retreated her hands.

Seeing her flushed cheeks, L smirked and lifted up his hands in the air, teasing Eunhye. His actions ridiculed her. She crossed her arms and looked at him, not even bother trying to reach for it. “Are you going to give me the basket already?”

Sensing that she was a little bit pissed with him, he pouted and returned the basket to Eunhye.

“Why not you go out? Since there is nothing much you can help. I can handle it on my own” She urged. L realised she was trying to avoid him again.

He got pissed too and shrugged his shoulders, stomping out. “Why not? I’m going to enjoy myself outside!”

Eunhye could only sigh. She did not want to look at him again lest her heart softened upon seeing his eyes.


 

During dinner, they did not spoke a single word that even Mrs Kim found it weird. Eunhye left the table early claiming that she was full already.

She decided to go out of her room when she had made sure that L was not in his room, since she could see him practising his basketball from her window.

Eunhye strolled out from her room and went to the common area of the second storey. She laid her things out on the glass table, preparing to maintain her precious violin. She did not see L walked up the stairs since she was too concentrated at what she was doing.

Seeing Eunhye at the common area, L walked forward to her. She lifted her head and looked up after sensing a pair of eyes looking at her intensely.

L was in his sports attire, with a basketball in his right arm and a towel around his neck. “He must have just finished his self-training.” She thought.

“What are you doing?’ L asked.

Eunhye snapped from her thoughts when L spoke, recalling her decision of avoiding him. She packed her things briefly and stood up, preparing to walk back to her room. As she left, she muttered her reply to L. “Err… I was maintaining my violin, but I’m done already. So I’m going back my room. Seeya.” Walking away before L could answer her.

She moved up the first step of the stairs in front of her room.

“Stop.” L halted her.

She froze at her position.

L continued, in his coldest tone ever. “The house is not that big. We will still meet no matter how you try to avoid me as long as we are under the same roof. Now, I’m going to take a shower and I will stay in my room. You can stay here.” He marched into his room, grabbed a towel and walked straight into the toilet.

Eunhye was still standing at the same spot. She felt sorry. Maybe she had went overboard.

She did not meant it. She remembered how he helped and . If she befriended him, she might get the answer to why her heart was feeling like this. Then there would not be a need to avoid him anymore.

Eunhye hit her head slightly and took out a sticky pad note from her room and wrote something. She moved swiftly to the door of his room and stuck the note on it before scurrying back to her own room.

When L came out from the toilet, he was baffled that Eunhye was not there. He let out a sigh and dragged his feet back to his room. “She is still avoiding me.”

To his surprise, he saw a note on the door.

“Sorry, I didn’t meant it. And thank you for protecting me today. Let’s be friends from tomorrow onwards.”

L removed the sticky note from his door and beamed as he walked back to his room, clutching the note in his hand.


 

Even though Eunhye had become a rich girl after moving in with Mrs Kim, her life did not change.

She continued her morning as a milk delivery girl, went to school and had fun with Jiyoon and the BEAST members. She had already stopped avoiding the INFINITE members after straightening her thoughts. It was something to be worth happy about, because she had new friends and oppas.

Eunhye and L did not get to speak much since whenever L was ready for school, she had already left the house for her morning job. And she would still be at her evening part-time job when he returned back home.

However, their relationship had changed for a better because they would exchange greetings if they managed to see each other in the house. But L did not specially had any interaction with Eunhye in school when he saw her. The only good thing was L was no longer spiteful towards her, and it made her felt glad.

Words had also started to spread since the fight. Apparently the three sunbaenims had spread rumours. However, when it reached their ears, what they heard was “Eunhye and L are living together and one of the directors is their grandmother.” Or “Eunhye and L are now siblings under the law.”

Both of them had chosen to ignore them since the rumours were true to a certain extent, and they did not spread ill rumours about them.


 

This night was an usual night as well. She had ended her work at the convenience store. It was a long time since she was scheduled for work but Junhyung was not scheduled on that day, so she had to walk home by herself that night.

It made her felt slightly lonely since Junhyung was always there with her.

As she was about to leave, a couple of her co-workers were shrieking in excitement at the door.

She tugged the sleeve of one of them who was standing the nearest to her. “Unnie, what happened?” She turned about and spoke in her high tone pitch. “Eunhye ah! There is a handsome guy outside our shop! You should go and see!”

Eunhye crossed her eyebrows and waved her hand, showing her disinterest. She bided goodbye to her co-workers before she walked out of the door.

As she walked down the stairs, she saw a figure leaning against the railings. She could not help but to take a peek at this person that had make her co-workers react so hugely. Just like what they had mentioned, the guy was really good looking. But as she walked closer,

 

 

The figure actually looked familiar.

 

She stared at the figure in shock when she realised who he was.

As the guy saw Eunhye treaded down the stairs, he looked up and faced her.

 

 

“Annyeong, Choi Eunhye.”

 

 

 

Annyeong readers!

New chapter up~

Isn't it obvious that L and Eunhye feel a thing for each other, but they are not realizing it?

Keke. Please conitnue to look forward to the future chapters! :)

 

Anyways, as what I have mentioned on my wall, I have titled my chapters.

It can serve as a sneak peek preview of what the chapters are about, and you guys will be able to track them more easily.^^

Please subscribe, comment and introduce this story to your friends if you like it.

Thank you very much! :D:D