11: Benefits From A Misfortune

Thank you, my love

L laid Eunhye carefully onto the floor, letting her lean against him for support. Eunhye frowned slightly and smiled weakly, “Oh right, I have made it on time.”

Her eyelids slowly closed and she fainted in L’s arms.

 

“Andwae… Eunhye ah… Eunhye… Wake up!!” L shouted at the fainted Eunhye and shook her feeble body to wake her up, but to no avail. He took a towel from his bag and held it onto Eunhye’s wound, trying to stop the blood from flowing.

The person was shocked that he had stabbed the wrong person. Feeling weak in his legs, he fell backwards and sank down to the floor.

Just then, the INFINITE members saw from afar and rushed towards them. Hoya stopped and thought for a moment and headed backwards, running towards somewhere which he felt that he needed to go.

The person stumbled and climbed up to his feet, preparing to run as he saw more and more people arriving. L was still holding the towel to Eunhye’s wound and hugging her, hoping that she would wake up the very next moment.

Seeing the person running away, Sungyeol shouted at him and started chasing him. However, Woohyun was quicker in stopping him. He pulled Sungyeol’s arm, “Let him go, the important thing now is to tend to Eunhye.” Both of them nodded and went over to L to help support Eunhye’s body.

Realizing that Eunhye would not wake up any sooner, L started to fluster. He screamed at s, “Someone! Call the ambulance, now!”

Dongwoo hanged up the call on his phone when he was done, “I have called them. They will come soon. Calm down.”

At the same time, Hoya came back, running together with Junhyung. Junhyung could not keep his eyes off the fainted Eunhye on the ground. He dashed with all his might and dropped to the ground as he reached.

“You informed Junhyung-hyung?” Sungjong asked the panting Hoya. He nodded and caught his breath before continuing, “He should know. He will be even madder if he only found out after we have sent her to the hospital.”

All the members turned to look when they heard Junhyung shouting.

“What the hell have you done? Why is she bleeding so much?!” Junhyung got up and dragged L’s collar, fist all clenched ready to aim a punch towards L’s face. The fainted Eunhye slipped onto Woohyun when Junhyung pulled L up.

Seeing that, Sungkyu quickly went over to stop him and dragged him away from L. “I will explain later, the ambulance is here. Let them take Eunhye to the hospital first.”

The paramedics rushed over with a stretcher and slightly treated Eunhye before carrying her up to the ambulance. Even though Junhyung wanted to follow them up to the ambulance, L had already beat him to that. He went up to the ambulance as soon as they had settled down. He wanted to confront him, but he knew that he should not hold up Eunhye’s treatment time.

Sungkyu signaled the rest of the INFINITE members to leave first while he and Junhyung cabbed to the hospital. The rest nodded and left with a worried heart.


 

L cursed softly under his breath while he paced up and down in front of the emergency area of the hospital. He ruffled his hair and tried to look through the curtains.

Junhyung and Sungkyu soon arrived and joined him at the waiting area. L cursed once again when he realized that he could not look through. “Aish. Why are they taking so much time?” Sungkyu patted his shoulders as a form of consolation since they could not do anything except for waiting.

Seeing how frustrated L was, Junhyung could not hold back his temper anymore. He pulled L’s collar once again and demanded an explanation from him. But the stubborn L refused to mention anything, looking at Junhyung with an aloof face. “Yah! It is your fault! Why are you not saying anything! It’s your entire fault!”

Sungkyu pulled Junhyung back once again. “Calm down! It has already happened and it will not change anything even if you beat him to death!” Junhyung turned and glared at Sungkyu, pointing towards the curtains, “So you are telling me now that I’m not allowed to ask what happened when my dongsaeng is lying in there, and her condition is unknown?!”

“Ani, you got me wrong. I’m just saying that…” Just as Sungkyu was about to continue, the curtains slid and the doctor came out. Both L and Junhyung rushed forward to enquire about Eunhye’s condition.

“Eunhye-ssi is fine already. She is not seriously injured and we have stitched up her wound.” The three of them heaved a sigh of relief when they heard the doctor’s assurance, but jerked up when the doctor continued. “However, she needs to be hospitalized for further checks since the wound is pretty deep and she had lost quite a bit of blood while on her way here.”

The three of them bowed politely to the doctor while the nurses transferred Eunhye to the ward. The doctor patted on L’s shoulders before leaving the area. Seeing that Eunhye was safe, L excused himself to call Mrs Kim since Eunhye had to be hospitalized.

As L walked far, Junhyung turned to Sungkyu. “So can you tell me what happened already? The jerk would not speak no matter how many times I have asked him.” Sungkyu sighed as he replied, “Actually we do not know much too. When we arrived, Eunhye had already fainted. But we saw a guy running away, he must be the culprit.”

“A guy?” Junhyung frowned as he walked to Eunhye’s ward together with the two INFINITE members.

L went in at once and went to Eunhye’s bed. She was sleeping soundly since the effects of the medicine and anesthetics had not been relieved.

Looking at Eunhye’s pale face, it hurt L’s heart a lot. It was as though he felt her injury. For that moment, he hoped he could be the one who was suffering in place of Eunhye.

He reached out and grasped onto Eunhye’s hand, recalling the scene. If not for Eunhye, he would be the one lying here. He breathed out heavily and held her hand to his forehead.

“Mianhae, Eunhye. You should not have taken the attack for me.” He moved her hand to his mouth, slightly touching his lips to her hand.

Hearing what L had said, Junhyung stood up. “What do you mean by she had taken the attack for you? You mean, the original victim was supposed to be you and not her?”

L continued to keep his mouth shut. It ached his heart even more by hearing it coming out from another person’s mouth. If he could rewind the time, he would have taken the attack no matter what.

Junhyung walked over and took a good look at Eunhye’s wound area. It struck him. “Yah, L Kim. Have you not realized it yet? If not for Eunhye, the area where she had been attacked will be just at the position of your heart! She blocked the attack just to protect you!”

L looked at Eunhye and he realized what she had done for him. He held his head down, feeling guiltier than ever. “If not for Eunhye, I might have even died. She is so silly.”

Seeing how L was, Junhyung crossed his hands and moved over to the window at the side. He blamed himself for letting Eunhye move in to live with the Kims. If he had insisted in the beginning, all this might not have happened.


 

Just then, Mrs Kim, Mr Lee and Auntie Jung arrived. They rushed over to Eunhye’s side as soon as they stepped in, but was disappointed and even more worried to find out that she had not woken up yet.

Mr Lee excused himself to settle the hospitalization paper works on behalf of Eunhye while Auntie Jung placed the daily necessities which Eunhye might need into the provided cabinet. Mrs Kim Eunhye’s fringe, feeling sorry to see Eunhye lying there, especially when she had already seen Eunhye like her own grand-daughter.

Eunhye stifled in her sleep as the painkiller wore off. She had difficulty opening her eyes from the bright lights in the ward. She slowly narrowed her eyes and saw her family crowding around her bedside.

The sore on her left shoulders was indescribable. She let out a soft moan and saw L smiling at her. To her surprise, L was holding her hand. She gasped silently but was happy at the touch.

Maybe that feeling was right?

Everyone was wearing a worried look on their faces. She could even see Junhyung’s angry face even though he had tried his best to hide it. Sungkyu was also smiling weakly beside her bed.

“Are you feeling better?” L asked as he tightened his grip onto Eunhye’s hand. Eunhye nodded weakly which made everyone heaved a sigh of relief again.

Looking at how Eunhye was feeling better, Mrs Kim patted Sungkyu’s shoulders, “Sungkyu ah, you should go home now. If not your parents will be worried. I believe Myungsoo will update you about Eunhye’s condition later.”  Sungkyu nodded and went over to Eunhye. He patted her head before leaving, “I have to go now, take care.”

Just as Sungkyu left, it struck Eunhye’s mind about her work. Junhyung told her not to worry as he had already informed their store manager that the both of them were unable to come today.

The next moment, Jiyoon rushed into the ward. Eunhye was shocked to see her, she did not expect the news to spread so quickly. Jiyoon started to sob as soon as she saw Eunhye. L and Junhyung moved away from Eunhye’s bed so that the girls could talk.

Eunhye wiped Jiyoon’s tears and chuckled softly. “I’m fine already. Don’t cry anymore, crybaby. I’m not dead yet.” Jiyoon lightly hit Eunhye’s arm when she heard that, “Choi Eunhye! Don’t joke about such things! I almost fainted when I heard you were in the hospital!”

She laughed again upon hearing Jiyoon’s words, making her left shoulders ached with her jerk. “Oww…” She let out a soft moan again which made L and Junhyung rushed forward, but she gave them a wave signaling that she was alright.


 

The visitation hours had ended and Mrs Kim ordered everyone to go back.

“No!” Both L and Junhyung replied at the same time, they wanted to stay behind to look after Eunhye. But Mrs Kim’s decision was final; she did not allow anyone of them to stay behind especially when the both of them still had school the next day.

Eunhye beckoned Junhyung to come over to her bed when she heard them. “Oppa, go home and rest. Please help me send Jiyoon home too. It’s getting late and Yoseob-oppa will be worried too.” Junhyung nodded and walked off upon Eunhye’s request, although he felt reluctant.

As they were done, Auntie Jung signaled everyone to leave the ward so that Eunhye would be able to take a good rest. Eunhye spoke again before Junhyung exited. “Err, oppa. Can you stay behind for a while? I have something else to say.”

Junhyung looked at Eunhye and told Jiyoon to wait outside for him. While L walked out, he turned to look at Eunhye for the last time with the most worried eyes, also curious at the same time of what she was going to speak to Junhyung.

Eunhye could finally spoke in peace with just the two of them around. “Sorry oppa. I know you must be really angry at my reckless action. But if I don’t do this, L would be seriously injured now. You know I’m not the type of person to look on when someone is in trouble, right?”

Junhyung chortled, knowing that he could not resist his dongsaeng’s aegyo. He flicked her forehead, making her pout cutely. “Arraseo, I’m not angry anymore. Rest well, I will come again tomorrow. I will bring the BEAST members along too.”

Eunhye bided Junhyung goodbye as she tugged herself under her blanket. She shivered a little bit, recalling the scene which had happened in the evening. She could not believe what had actually happened.


 

Junhyung, Jiyoon and the Kim family walked out of the ward together. As they passed by the nurse station, Junhyung stopped by and spoke to one of them.

“Sorry to trouble you. But please do not off the lights for ward 3A, Eunhye is afraid of the dark and I’m worried that she will not be able to sleep well in a new environment.”

The nurse nodded and assured him that they would not switch off the lights and would check on Eunhye’s ward frequently to ensure that she was not having a hard time by herself.

Junhyung bowed politely before quickening his steps to catch up with the rest. Mrs Kim was surprised by Junhyung’s act, nodding in acknowledgment. “You are really considerate.”

Junhyung replied carefully, “Of course. She is my closest friend and is also my dongsaeng. I will not allow anyone to hurt her.” He turned and glared at L after finishing his sentence, explicitly sending his unhappiness to L.

L returned the stare to Junhyung, trying to send a message through his eyes to Junhyung to warn him not to say anything nonsensical in front of his grandmother.

Mrs Kim wanted to send Junhyung and Jiyoon home as they reached the carpark, but could not insist when the both of them claimed that it was much more convenient to take the bus home.

After sending Junhyung and Jiyoon off, the Kim family boarded their own car. L slouched back onto the seat, recalling what the attacker had said while he was charging towards them.

 

“I will not allow anyone to hurt Hyori-sunbae!”

 

L wondered if this accident had anything to do with her.

He unlocked his phone and looked at the wallpaper.

 

 

 

 

 

It was a photo of Hyorin and him.

 

 

 

 

Annyeong readers! New chapter~

Can you sense how the guys were worried about Eunhye??

Although it was so dangerous, it seemed like L and Eunhye had moved another step closer right?? :D

Please looked forward to the future chapters~

Don't forget to subscribe and comment! ^^

Kamsahamnida! :D