15: Implicit Confession; Basketball

Thank you, my love

Eunhye used all her strength and moved L up. He fell into Eunhye’s embrace but she did not push him away. Instead, she used this as an advantage to drag him to his bed.

While settling L onto his bed, she heard him muttering something incoherently. Even though she was curious to know what he had said, it was impossible to ask someone that was sick to repeat his words.

Eunhye paced to and fro beside L’s bed. She wanted to call a doctor for safety reasons, but by doing that, it would alert the adults at home. She sighed and walked out of the room.

Within minutes, she came back with a small sink of water and clean towel. She wet the towel and placed it on L’s forehead before using the thermometer to check his temperature.

“OMO. 38 degrees celsius!” She shrieked softly when she saw how high the fever was. Eunhye crept out the room and extended her head to check the surroundings in the living room and kitchen. She was glad that no one was around.

She tiptoed quietly and sneaked into the kitchen. After opening a few cupboards, she found the medicine box which Auntie Jung had kept for emergency purposes. She knew there was medicine in there that could help to ease L’s fever.

Bringing the medicine and a cup of water back to L’s room, she carefully opened the door and realised that he was still sleeping. She walked towards him and saw a streak of tears on his face.

She sighed, “He must have cried in his dreams. This is definitely a blow for him.” Eunhye moved L up again and he leaned onto her for support as she fed him the medicine and water. Laying L back onto the bed once again, she L’s hair and felt sorry. She knew how much L had liked Hyorin and how much he depended on her for his motivation.

Not knowing how long Eunhye had looked at L, she fell asleep unknowingly.

 

L yawned and stretched after a good sleep. He sat up and saw Eunhye sitting on the floor and supporting her head at the side of his bed. She was still holding onto the towel that she had used to help him subside his fever.

Without waking her up, he sat up and took a good look at Eunhye. “She must have taken care of me for that past few hours.” He smiled at her while her fringe.

He stood up from his bed and removed the towel from Eunhye’s hands. Bending down carefully, he reached out his hands and carried Eunhye up to his bed in a bridal style, placing her down on his bed without waking her up. He pulled the blanket that was beside the bed and covered her before leaving for the bathroom to shower.

As he walked out of his room, he turned and looked at Eunhye for the second time and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to her.


 

L opened the door carefully and saw Eunhye was still sleeping soundly. He knew she must be really tired after getting drenched and taking care of him the whole night. He walked over to her to take a good look at the sleeping Eunhye.

Unable to resist himself, he bent down and laid a kiss on Eunhye’s forehead.

He stood up and walked to the sofa to dry his hair. Recalling the action which he just did, he chuckled to himself as he imagined Eunhye’s reaction if she was to know that L had sneaked a kiss on her again.

As he dried his hair, he remembered how Eunhye had accompanied her the whole afternoon today. It was not easy for a girl to walk under the rain without an umbrella for two hours.

It was only at the moment, he understood the one who had really cared about him was.

Just then, Eunhye stifled in her sleep. Her eyes remained close and turned around. She felt the area and found that it was too comfortable to be on the floor. Something was amiss. She jolted up from the bed and screamed after realising that she was actually on L’s bed.

“AH! Why am I on your bed! I was sitting on the floor just now, wasn’t I?” She removed the covers from herself and scurried off the bed. When she stood up, she was hit by a cold breeze which made her sneeze really hard that she fell back onto L’s bed again.

Looking at how cute Eunhye was, L laughed at her which made her realised that he was in the room too. She screamed again before L went to her and covered with his hand. “Yah! You want the whole house to hear you?”

Eunhye pry opened his hands and removed it from . L shook his head and moved his hand up to her forehead and felt it. “Lucky you have not infected the fever, but I think you should take the flu medicine and rest early.” He helped Eunhye to stand and dropped two flu pills into her hand before pushing her out to his room.

“Remember to rest well and take your medicine. And… Thank you for taking care of me while I was sick.” He smiled meekly which made Eunhye blush because this was the first time she had seen such an expression on the cold city man’s face.


 

Evening came, Eunhye was enjoying the soft breeze in the garden. It was her favourite spot in the house after her own room.

L saw her and took the spot beside her. Eunhye turned, “Go back in before you catch a cold again. I don’t want to take care of you again.”

“My fever has already subsided, and we need to talk.” L assured her before moving closer to her. Eunhye let out a sigh, knowing that it would be impossible to escape if L was to be insistent about it.

“Arraseo.”  She slouched back and waited for L to start the topic. Just like what she had guessed, he was going to talk about Hyorin.

“Actually… Hyorin-noona had spoken to me. She told me… She will be going for an exchange programme for half a year, so we won’t be able to see each other.” L held his head low. Eunhye’s mouth formed an ‘o’ although she had already knew this news.

“You should ask her to stay if you are going to miss her. If she leaves, she might not even come back, right? It will be too late by then.” Eunhye pretended to be cool on this even though she knew her heart would hurt badly if he really did chase her back.

L could not believe his ears when he heard Eunhye’s response. “What?? You want me to chase her back? Wow, you are really daebak. You are the main culprit of this whole issue and you still want me to chase her back?”

“What? I’m not the main culprit? Weren’t you the one who made that guy jealous that’s why he came to attack you! And I was the victim okay?” She looked up to the sky and continued, “You really like her right? If you didn’t know, you cried in your sleep just now.”

L was surprised to hear it from Eunhye. Eunhye smiled sadly and turned to look at L. “I’m really okay with it. You should not force yourself and should follow your heart. And you don’t have to feel guilty anymore, I have already recovered completely.”

L laid his hands on Eunhye’s shoulders before telling her solemnly. “Choi Eunhye, I cried because I was disappointed at her actions, not because she was leaving. Nothing else. I only treat her like a noona now, understand?”

Eunhye looked at L with a puzzled look, she was not sure if she had understood L properly and correctly.

She stood up and walked towards the basketball court, trying to change a topic.

“Yah, you promised to teach me how to play basketball the other time. Are you going back on your words?” Eunhye turned and shouted to L, pointing to the basketball hoop at the same time before running away to dribble the basketball that was left on the floor.

Seeing how Eunhye was so unconcerned with their current status, he could only shook his head in disbelief. “I wonder who is the one who is not following her heart. Whatever, I will find a better chance to talk to her.” Seemingly that he had convinced himself with the reason, he ran to the basketball court to join Eunhye, deciding that the moment now was more important.

 

“Ani… Dribble it like this, you have to hold it in your hands so that you can control the ball well.” L demonstrated the basics of basketball to Eunhye, who was having fun dribbling it… the wrong way.

“Like this?” Eunhye looked up to L with a sincere look, which made L’s heart skipped a beat. “Yeah. Aim for the hoop. Throw it in.” He directed her while showing her how she should throw the ball in.

She followed suit and both of them looked at the basketball earnestly, hoping that the ball will bounce right into the hoop.

 

“PAK!”

The ball hit the edge of the hoop and bounced off.

“Ah! It could have went in.” Eunhye pouted and went to get the basketball back from where it had bounced off to. L smiled, undeniable fact that he could not resist Eunhye’s aegyo.

When Eunhye came back with the ball, he squatted down in front of her and patted his shoulder, gesturing her to climb on his back. “Come on up, I will give you the feeling of a shoot-in.” This left Eunhye in shock again, not reacting to him.

“How many times do you have to be shocked over my words?” Rolling his eyes as he said, “Quickly, I’m tired of squatting already.”

“A… Ani… I can try…” Not waiting for her to finish her sentence, L reached out for her hand and pulled her without any warning. Resulting her to lose her balance and fall onto L’s back. He stood up immediately, not giving Eunhye a chance to get off his back.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo, you’re a cheater! Let me down!” Eunhye squirmed on his back and tried to hit his shoulders, but this did not make L budge. “Choi Eunhye, I’m not going to take any responsibility if you fall off.” He turned his head backwards and warned her.

She stretched her hand and wrap it around L’s neck, giving L the chance to balance himself. Even though she resisted it, she actually liked the feeling. Both of them smiled to themselves after they got used to each other’s warmth.

He picked up the basketball from the floor and passed it to Eunhye. Before Eunhye could aim for the hoop, he started running around the court with her on his b

“Let’s go!” He shouted and started running as fast as he could.

Along the way, he by pretending to let go of his hands, making Eunhye tightened her grip around his neck. Both of them were enjoying their time even though it was just a little moment that had.

“Yah! I’m going to fall off and die, you bad guy!” L stopped his tracks to catch his breath. He moved to the front of the hoop. “Okay, I’m going to lift you higher. Aim for the hoop and throw it in!”

“Ready?”

“Hmm.” Eunhye nodded her head.

She aimed for the hoop once L had lifted her higher. Both of them looked at the basketball intensely. The direction was correct and the strength was just right.

The ball hovered above the hoop and the ball hit the backboard, causing it to hit the edges of the hoop as it moved.

In the next second, the ball had successfully went through the hoop.

 

“SHOOT-IN!”

 

Both of the shouted in unison as they saw the basketball went through the hoop, punching their right fist in the air as the sign of victory. L started running around with Eunhye on his back again for the celebratory moment.

In the midst of the moment, Eunhye unknowingly hugged L tighter as they goofed around.


 

L bent down just enough for Eunhye to jump down from his back. Both of them sat in the middle of the court, reminiscing their shoot-in and the moments they had spent together.

Catching their breath, Eunhye turned to look at L. “Thank you... Thank you everything.” L patted Eunhye on her head and both of them looked up into the sky. They did not say anything else, but both of them were contended at what they had done together.

For the first time it was just the both of them and nobody else.

 

“Ah-choo!” Eunhye wrinkled her nose. She rubbed her nose as she recovered from the sneeze. L removed the cardigan he was wearing and laid it on Eunhye’s shoulders. “You should go back in and rest. If not I will have to take care of you if you really fall sick.”

“Arraseo. I’m going back in. You should go back in too after you are done.” Eunhye removed L’s cardigan and tried to return it to him.

“It’s okay. You can wear it when you walk back in, I’m already feeling much better after sweating it out.” He assured her and rushed her into the house.

 

As Eunhye walked to the door, she turned and looked at L’s back view. It looked like there were still many things troubling him. Even though she was still worried about him, she decided that he would need more time to sort out his thoughts himself.

 

Eunhye looked down to her shoulders and L’s cardigan before walking in.

 

 

 

 

 

Annyeong readers!

New chapter~

Sorry for the delay as they were some last minute problems.

Please enjoy the new chapter and look forward to the next one~

Don't forget to subscribe, upvote and comment! :D:D

Thanks all~