16: Confession

Thank you, my love

Eunhye stared blankly outside the window. She was confused. To her, L seemed so near yet so far away. Each time when she thought she had well understood this man in front of her, he would do something unexpectedly the next moment.

However, L had similar thoughts too. It was not easy to catch her heart. He wanted to confess out right at her face, but he knew that her sensitive character would resist it if he did not sort things clearly. He did not want her to drift further from him.

Plus, he had a rival – Yong Junhyung.

He had long guessed the feelings he had for her, only the dense Eunhye did not realise it.


 

Both of them walked out of their room at the same time. They looked into each other and smiled awkwardly. It seemed like fate was bringing them together. Making them think about each other and meet each other.

Without muttering a word, both of them walked down to the dining area.

 

Sensing the atmosphere, Mrs Kim looked at her grandchildren. They did not say a single word nor did she see L rushing to the seat beside Eunhye like how he always did.

She chuckled, moving forward to tease them. “Ah, both of you are really unpredictable. At one moment, you can be so close to each other. But before things settled down, both of you will become foreign with each other again.”

L looked up to Eunhye, she was looking down at her bowl of soup.

“Granny, what are you talking about? Aren’t you rushing for work? You are going to be late soon.” L retorted, not wanting Eunhye to feel awkward.

“Omo, my grandson is shy. Keke.” Mrs Kim further. “Okay okay, back to the real stuff. I will be flying off to Jeju for a convention with Mr Lee, so we will not be home tonight. As for Auntie Jung, she will be going back to her hometown for a couple of days too. So, I expect the both of you to take good care of the house, arasseo?”

Eunhye gasped upon hearing what Mrs Kim had said. She could not imagine life without the rest of the family.

“Ottokhae? How can I survive all alone with only L at home?”


 

L and Eunhye walked to school together as per usual. They did not bother avoiding each other anymore or to enter school in staggered timings since the school had already knew about their relationship after the incident.

Eunhye looked down at the pavement as they walked. She wondered if the feeling she had felt towards L was actually sibling love. The reliance she had on L seemed to be similar yet different from Junhyung.

But she did not know that this was actually what the people had called it.

 

It was love.

 

Eunhye was so lost in her deep thoughts that she did not realise that she was going to hit the lamp post that was just a small distance away from her.

As she continued walking, her forehead bumped onto something hard, but quite soft at the same time.

 

She looked up and was shocked to find out that L’s hand was just in front of her, at the position that she had knocked against a moment ago.

L put his hand on Eunhye’s forehead, feeling her temperature. “Are you sick? If not, what were you thinking about? If I didn’t turn back, you could have knock onto the lamp post, pabo.”

Eunhye rubbed her forehead, looking apologetically. “Mianhae. I was just… Thinking about some school stuff. Thank you for saving me.”

L looked at her sceptically. It was obvious that she was lying, but he did not expose her because he knew what she was thinking about.

They continued their journey without breathing a single word to each other. Once they entered school, they left for their class respectively without even saying goodbye.


 

During break time, L and the INFINITE members were having their lunch at their usual spot in the cafeteria while Eunhye, Jiyoon and the BEAST members were chilling at their favourite spot in the garden.

It was not difficult for them to realise that there was something wrong with their friend there.

L was frowning constantly and Eunhye kept zoning out in her thoughts.

 

Looking at Eunhye, Junhyung was definite that something was amiss.

Based on his usual habit, he would jump and pester Eunhye to make her say. But he knew this had something to do with L, what he could do was to observe and make sure that Eunhye was unhurt.


 

Eunhye opened the door of their house. It was all quiet and the windows were tightly shut.

“It seems like Auntie Jung had left the house already.” She told herself before starting to open the windows in the house for better ventilation. As she walked around the house, she specifically loitered outside L’s room, but there was not a single noise. It meant that he was not home yet.

Pouring herself a glass of orange juice, she settled on the sofa and switched on the television. Her eyes were on the programme, but not her mind. She had already started to daydream.

Feeling pissed, she left for her room after washing the glass. Eunhye switched on the amplifier of her keyboard and started playing a few notes to warm up. “Aish! What am I doing? I can’t concentrate at all!”

She felt bothered and pissed. Especially what Mrs Kim had said this morning.

 

“Ah, both of you are really unpredictable. At one moment, you can be so close to each other. But before things settled, both of you will become foreign with each other again.”

 

Eunhye ruffled her hair and laid down on her bed. She looked at the ceiling and fell asleep unknowingly.


 

L came back home in the evening after the last session of his practice. He realised that the lights were not switched on and thought that Eunhye was not home yet.

Words crawled up to his throat and he was about to start grumbling when he realised that the windows were actually opened. As he changed into his slippers, he saw that Eunhye’s slippers were not on the shelf anymore.

It meant that she was home already.

L the lights and trotted to the kitchen to get a drink. He opened the fridge but the bottled drinks had finished. He walked over to the kettle and lifted it up.

He could not believe his eyes when he saw that there was not a single drip of water in the kettle.

“Aish. Auntie Jung should have boiled some before leaving.” He grumbled. Reaching out for the kettle, he sloppily filled it full with the tap. Not realising that through the mess that he did, the plug had caught some water while he was filling it.

He plugged it into the socket and switched it on, still continuing with his grumblings under his breath.

 

“POP!”

All the lightings and electricity were cut off instantly. L blinked his eyes in bewilderment, followed by a faint scream that he figured out was from Eunhye’s room.

“! Eunhye!”

He switched off the power from the electric kettle and dashed upstairs to Eunhye’s room. He knocked onto Eunhye’s door but could not hear any answer. Without any choice, he opened the door and started looking for her in the pitch dark room.

“Eunhye…” He called out to her, but could only hear faint cries coming from the corner of the room.

He treaded up the stairs and as he walked closer, he saw Eunhye was covered with her blanket. She curled herself up in a ball and pushed herself to the corner at the wall, weeping uncontrollably.

“Eunhye, it’s me. L…” L reached out his hands to hold Eunhye, but Eunhye was in a traumatised state. “Don’t touch me! Go away!” She shouted and continued to cry.

Seeing her like that made him really sad, he pulled Eunhye into his embrace. Feeling the touch, Eunhye struggled to free herself but L only hug her tighter as she moved about. “It’s okay, it’s okay. Everything is fine now. I’m here. You don’t have to be afraid anymore.”

Feeling the warmth from L’s body heat and words, Eunhye called out weakly to him

“L…”

She wrapped her arms around his body and started wailing, louder than ever. Seeing her like that really made his heart broke into pieces at that moment, he had never seen her cry like this no matter how unhappy she was.

L managed to hush Eunhye after letting her cry to her heart’s content. “Eunhye ah, I’m going to switch on the electricity from the dB box. Sit here and wait for me. Don’t worry, the lights will come back soon, okay?”

As he stood up, Eunhye grabbed onto his arm. “Don’t… Don’t leave me alone here. Let’s go together.” L chuckled upon hearing her, “Arraseo. Come on.” He stretched his hand for Eunhye to grab hold of it, and he moved her up as she balanced herself.


 

­­­­­As they walked down the stairs, Eunhye clinged herself onto L’s arm like it was her life support system. Taking the opportunity, L and laughed. “Are you really that frightened? I can’t walk properly now because you are holding onto me so tightly. Keke.”

Eunhye blushed when he heard what L had said. At that moment, she was glad that was actually a blackout so that he would not be able to see her flushed face.

“Mianhae…” She apologised with her shivering voice and was about to let loose of her hand when L pulled her closer to him. “Pabo, I’m just teasing you. Stay close to me.”

 

As they reached the dB box in the storage room, L told Eunhye to shine the flashlight from her phone so he could see the thing clearly. Within few clicks, the electricity resumed and the lights turned back on.

Eunhye sighed in relief, not realising that L had crept close to her. His face now inches away from hers. She blinked her eyes a few times and was about to move back when L cupped her face with his big hands.

He reached out to her eyes and started massaging her eyelids gently. “See, your eyes have turned swollen because you have cried so much just now.” Surprised by his moves, Eunhye tried to brush his hands off her face but L did not budge.

He looked into her eyes gently and caressed her cheeks. “Mianhae, I should not have leave you alone in the house. I promise I will not do that in the future. From now onwards, I will definitely be there for you if your phobia is triggered.” Eunhye blushed and her heart raced.

This was an opportunity.

“I have something to say. I have kept it in my heart for a very long time. All these while, I have been following my heart. When I treat you well, I really did it genuinely. I really did not do it out of pity, or against my own will. Do you know the reason why?” L asked, but had expected an answer already. Eunhye shook her head gently which made L chuckled.

“Because… I like you. I, L Kim, Kim Myungsoo likes you, Choi Eunhye. Do you understand?” Hearing L’s confession made Eunhye’s heart beat even faster, legs rooted to the ground.

 

Before she could reply, L started inching his face forward, tilting his head. At the next moment, their lips touched. Eunhye closed her eyes and kissed him back. She wished that time could just stop at this moment.

As they broke off the kiss to catch their breath, Eunhye looked down and spoke shyly.

“I… like you too.”

Hearing that, L’s face lit up with a huge grin. He carried Eunhye up and he spun the both of them in circles to celebrate the moment.

 

Eunhye patted on L’s shoulders to let her down since she had something else to say. “I’m sorry. I… I thought you would be happier if you are together with Hyorin. I don’t want to be the third party that splits people up…”

L flicked Eunhye’s forehead at her silliness. “Pabo. There is no such thing in love. If you like the person, you have to go for it. Like what I have done. Please follow your heart in the future, understand?”

L stretched his long arms over Eunhye and they hugged each other tightly in their embrace.

 

They did not expect the sensation of admitting to their feelings would be that great.

 

 

 

 

Sorry readers!

i have finally updated the next chapter only after 2 weeks because I was caught up with something.

Really really sorry.

Hopefully this sweet chapter makes it up for it.

Because of my personal schedule, I might not be able to update weekly.

But I will try!! Please continue to support my fanfic.

Thank you very much. :)

Anyways, there is a poll in the next chapter. Please help me and cast your votes. Thanks!