6: Moving in; Unkind

Thank you, my love

Eunhye, Jiyoon and the BEAST members gathered at their usual hangout spot during lunch break. The seven of them were looking at Eunhye, waiting for her to say something about the meet up she had with Mrs Kim. All of them looked just like the curious children from the kindergarten.

Doojoon started, “So what happened?” Jiyoon nudged Eunhye’s arm, “Yeah! Tell us about it!”

“Nothing happened actually… It was not like what you guys have imagined. It was just a simple meet up over lunch. So please don’t think too much... But… … …” Eunhye started to play with her food on her plate.

“BUT WHAT????” The seven of them asked together. Eunhye shushed them as they were making too much noise in the canteen. “I met L. Mrs Kim introduced him to us.” They blinked hard, not believing what they have heard.

“He is quite different from what he is like in school. He is quite playful actually. I guess he is not that hard to approach. But well, he is not someone who is kind with his words.” She continued.

This time, Junhyung finally spoke up.

“Did he said anything offensive or unpleasant to you?” He stood up.

“Aniyo aniyo. He did not. He is just… Not really agreeable to Mrs Kim’s decision. But it’s fine.” Eunhye showed a weak smile as Gikwang pushed Junhyung down back to the seat beside him.

Junhyung and Jiyoon tried to persuade Eunhye to change her mind before it was too late. They were worried about Eunhye as she was the type of person to bottle up her feelings in her heart. But Eunhye was much more obstinate than what the rest have thought. She promised them she would handle it well.


 

The next day, Junhyung helped Eunhye to pack and boxed her belongings up since both of them did not have to report for work. He borrowed his car from his father so he could drive the both of them and the items to the Kim’s residence.

Eunhye showed Junhyung the address from her phone which Mr Lee had sent. He coolly typed the address into the GPS before starting to drive off. She recognised the roads when they were near. The school was just around that corner, which explained why L did not make an effort to leave house earlier every day.

They drove in to this street which housed lots of rich people, they were all standalone mansions. Each of them getting bigger as they drove further in. They finally reached the destination.

A huge white mansion stood inside even though the exterior area was covered by huge wooden gates. Just right beside the doorbell, there was a sign which read,

Kim’s Residence.

Eunhye pressed the doorbell after Junhyung had unloaded her belongings. She could feel her heart beating very quickly. Junhyung patted her on her shoulders, giving her assurance.

Not long after, the gates opened and she was welcomed by a friendly-looking auntie.

“Annyeong-haseyo. You must be Eunhye-ssi. We have been expecting the both of you for a long time already. This way please.” She raised her arm slightly to show the way. After Eunhye stepped in, she reached out to help with her luggage but Eunhye declined with a wave with her hand, indicating that it was okay to carry it herself. The auntie understood the signal and she treaded a little bit ahead of them to lead the way. Eunhye could not hide her curiosity as they walked in. She could see the well-maintained garden as well as a basketball court at the corner of the garden.

The auntie keyed in a set of passcode before the door of the mansion opened. Eunhye was taken aback when she saw Mr Lee in the house.

“Annyeong-haseyo, Eunhye-ssi. Are you shocked to see me in the house too? I forgot to inform you that I’m actually also the head housekeeper of the residence. And this lady beside me is Jung Sunhee, she is our domestic helper.” Mr Lee introduced.

“You can call me Auntie Jung, Eunhye-ssi.” The kind lady bowed.

“Annyeong-haseyo. Both of you can just call me Eunhye.” She bowed back. “And this is Yong Junhyung. He is my closest friend and also my oppa.” Junhyung bowed after Eunhye’s introduction. After settling Eunhye’s belongings down, Junhyung looked at her apologetically before turning to face the two helpers. “Sorry, but I will have to go now. I have something to attend to in the evening.”

“It’s okay. I will be fine.” Eunhye shook her head slightly while walking Junhyung to the door. As Junhyung stepped out, he reminded Eunhye. “Call me when you are done.” Eunhye nodded in response.

After sending Junhyung off, Auntie Jung helped Eunhye to bring her belongings up to her room. They climbed up the stairs that led them to the second storey and they stopped in front of a small flight of stairs. “This is your room.”

Her room was pretty much visible to anyone who would come up to the second storey. Auntie Jung slid the door to show the interior of the room. It was a small room, but big enough for her and her belongings.

“I’m sorry that we have to settle you here because we do not have any more spare rooms in this house. We have too many things in this house.” She chuckled while moving some bags to the corner. “This used to be a storeroom. But we have already cleaned it well and renovated a bit to make it more comfortable. Rest assured, all of these furniture are new.” She walked over to the window and open it slightly to allow the breeze to travel into the room.

“It’s okay. This is a very beautiful room. Thank you for everything. I like it very much.” Auntie Jung was glad, she smiled again before leaving Eunhye by herself to pack up her stuff. “Remember to call for me if you need help.”

After she walked out, Eunhye turned around to admire her new room. There was a small and low desk in front of her window, and a bookshelf on the right. The curtains were laced and pale pink. The corner on the left looked suffice for her to place her instruments. She looked around, her bed and wardrobe were on a levelled platform, where she had to climb another small flight of stairs to get up.

This is definitely a storeroom. The structure of the room is pretty weird.” She thought.

Eunhye went up to her bed with her bags where she kept her clothes and started to arrange and pack them. Rather than calling it a bed, it was more of a thick and comfy mattress. Just right beside it was a small side table with a pale pink table lamp.

Remembering what Junhyung had told her, she dialled Junhyung’s number while lying on her new bed.

“Yoboseyo?” She heard his voice.

“Annyeong oppa.” Eunhye greeted. Junhyung smiled as soon as he heard her voice. “You finished packing already?” He asked. “Aniyo. I just feel like calling you before I really start to pack.” She replied meekly.

“Hmm… Then… Have you seen L?” Junhyung facepalmed himself immediately after asking that stupid question. He should not have asked. “Aniyo. I have been in my room since you left.” Junhyung sighed a heave of relief hearing her reply. He was glad.

“Okay. Take care of yourself. Call me if anything crops up.” He reminded once again, it was the umpteenth times he had told her that already.

“Arraseo. But nothing will happen. Relax. Seeya in school tomorrow.”

“Hmm. Byebye.”


 

Eunhye finished packing just before dinner time. She strolled down to the kitchen to see if she could help out with anything. She found Auntie Jung in the kitchen, already preparing the ingredients.

“Hi Auntie Jung, do you need help? I can’t really cook. But I can help you with the preparation if you need.” Eunhye stood beside Auntie Jung, wondering how she would be judged for not knowing how to cook. To her surprise, Auntie Jung just shook her head. “It’s okay Eunhye-ssi, you can take a rest in your room first. Dinner will be ready soon.”

“Let me help you out, Auntie Jung. I can wash pretty well. Keke. Ah, and remember to drop all formalities, just call me Eunhye.” Eunhye trotted over to get the basket of vegetables from the table top to the sink.

Auntie Jung looked at the kind Eunhye and she started to talk comfortably. “Arraseo, Eunhye. By the way, Mrs Kim will be back for dinner soon. Jinsuk-ssi went to fetch her from the office. And L will not be back so soon, he will be with INFINITE.” Eunhye slightly nodded, showing her understanding.

Ah, by the way. L’s room is just beside you. Since both of you are of the same age, don’t feel shy to approach him if you need any help.” Auntie Jung said while walking over to the stove. Eunhye frowned. She definitely did not need his help.

Dinner was awkward, as predicted by Eunhye. She was eating quietly, barely speaking unless she was asked a question.

Maybe she was the only one feeling awkward.

But she could sense that the family really treated her as one.


 

“Aish! I should not have drank so much water before bed.” Eunhye chided herself in her heart and crawled out of her bed folds to use the toilet.

She slid her door open and L opened his door. Both at the same time. He almost choked from his glass of water because he forgot that Eunhye had moved in today. On the other hand, Eunhye tried to look away. She cleared and walked towards the toilet which was just in front of her room, on the left.

After she was done, she saw L sitting on the sofa at the common area on the second storey. She shifted her gaze away and sped up. Before she could walk away, a familiar voice spoke.

“Are you Choi Eunhye?” L asked with his straight face. Just when she was about to answer, L stood up and went over from a walk to gallop. “Yes. How can I help you? If I can’t help you, please excuse me while I need to get back to my room.” Eunhye replied in an unkind tone, remembering their meet up a few weeks ago.

BAAAAAAMMMMM!

“Owwww.” Eunhye hissed in pain after the huge impact.

L had pushed Eunhye against the wall. Before she could react, he leaned forward to her, his face just a few inches away from her face. Eunhye blushed at his sudden approach even though she knew he had no such kind of intentions.

He started questioning her, with a smirk on his face. “Do you like the house? What about your room?” Eunhye snorted, not bothered to reply him. L’s expression changed, “You can do and say whatever you like in this house. But if I hear anything about us outside, especially in school, you are dead. I don’t want to be involved with you in any way. Get it?”

Eunhye felt insulted. As much as the fact that she did not want other people to find out their relationship as well, the words that came out from L was too hurtful.

Eunhye pushed L away, “You are dead too if I hear anything in school.” She shot back.

She wanted to be cool and walked away. But L was faster, he shot his trademark smirk and treaded back to his room. Feeling annoyed, she made faces at him before walking back to her room.

L did not like the idea of a stranger living under the same roof as him. It made him feel suffocated that some random person had barged into his world and ruined his original life.

To prevent that, there was a need to act on it first. The amount of people swarming to him would be unimaginable if news were to spread. The thought of it shook him a bit.

And the most important thing to him was, he did not want Hyorin to misunderstand. 

 

 

 

Hello everyone!

New chapter is here again~

L and Eunhye finally met in the house!

YAYYY!

Please continue to look forward to the updates!

And don't forget to subscribe and comment~ :D

Thank you~~