24: Finale, Thank you my love

Thank you, my love

The sound of clapping echoed throughout the whole hall as everyone cheered loudly for Eunhye and her group of fellow performers from her class as they finished the last note from the score.

“Choi Eunhye! Choi Eunhye! Choi Eunhye!” The members from BEAST and INFINITE shouted as Eunhye walked down the stage. It was the last performance for them as high schoolers and it was part of the graduation programme.

As soon as she left the stage, her eyes scanned through the crowd and saw L who was standing there smiling at her. “Well done, Choi Eunhye.” L ruffled Eunhye’s hair as she approached him and was returned with a big embrace. “Is it really okay to delay your flight?” Eunhye asked as she pulled out from the hug. L smiled and arranged Eunhye’s fringe, “Yeah, the original flight was earlier so I could settle my stuff first. But delaying it doesn’t hurt anyway.”

Seeing how the couple was turning mushy again, Sungkyu skipped towards them playfully and smack L’s back. “He must be unwilling to leave Eunhye, which is why he is here to join us.” “No, I bet he is afraid that Eunhye’s suitors will come confessing on this day. He is here to block them all away.” Yoseob chimed in which gained the laughter from the group.

Feeling unashamed, L stretched his arm and pulled Eunhye towards him by her waist, earning a soft gasp from her. “Of course. My girlfriend is so talented and pretty. I need to make sure that no one steals her during my absence.” Eunhye cringed from embarrassment as she playfully hit him on his arm.

But her heart sank a bit as she heard the word “absence”. The day had finally came and L would be going to England for a good four years. Although he was all frivolous when they guys , Eunhye knew he had deliberately delayed the flight so that she could spend more time with him.


 

“Last one! Look here~ Smile!” Sungkyu instructed as all of them posed for the photo together.

As soon as the photo was taken, Eunhye felt a tug on her hand and realised that it was L who did it. She faced L with a puzzled look to which L whispered into her ear, “Let’s go. Now.” His words made Eunhye even more bewildered as L pulled her out from the crowd quietly. Before they left, Sungkyu shot a playful wink before he continued his role of the photographer.

“Where are we going?” Eunhye finally asked as she caught her breath from the running. “Don’t worry, Mr Lee will settle the school paper works for us.” L replied as wiped the sweat from her forehead. “Ehh? So Sungkyu-oppa was in cahoots with you, I guessed? That wink. I should have guessed it.” L chuckled as he recalled the plan he had with Sungkyu.

 

*Flashback*

“Hyung. I want to spend the remaining time with Eunhye alone. Can you help me stall the rest? The BEAST-hyungs and the rest of the hyungs will definitely drag her for some celebration later, I will need to leave before it happens.” L pulled Sungkyu to a quiet corner before Eunhye’s performance started.

“So you want me to help you?” Sungkyu looked at L cheekily. “Of course, hyung! Please?” L pleaded Sungkyu with puppy eyes which kind of grossed him out. “Arraseo arraseo. I will help you. Don’t look at me with such eyes. I will stall them. Enjoy yourselves while you are still here.” L’s eyes beamed as he heard Sungkyu’s answer. He gave his hyung a big and tight hug before running back into the hall to watch Eunhye’s performance.

*End of flashback*

~~

L and Eunhye held hands and strolled along the beach. It was their favourite venue since they had started dating. “Such a pity that it’s not in the night now, we can’t see your favourite stars.” L sighed as he tucked the loose strands of hair behind Eunhye’s ear.

Eunhye held onto his hand as it brushed down his cheek, she knew what he was thinking about. Using another hand, she touched the chain around her neck and fished out the star pendant that was hanging from her necklace. “Look. Remember this? You told me I will be able to see stars no matter where I am.” L smiled gently before pulling her forward for a hug.

The stronger she seemed to be, the weaker she actually was.

“Yah. If you are caught messing with other girls or dating instead of training, I will fly over immediately.” Eunhye threatened cutely as she tugged onto both of L’s ears, with L’s hands still tightly circled around her waist. “Really? If that’s the case then I should really do it as soon as I touch down, so we can be together again.” L grinned widely and winked at her cheekily.

“It’s not funny, Kim Myungsoo.” Eunhye pouted and smacked onto his chest as she walked away to the bench behind them. “It wasn’t meant to be a joke anyway, Choi Eunhye.” L chuckled as he sat himself beside her, he really enjoyed seeing how grumpy she would became at his teasing. “Really? Don’t talk to me then.” Eunhye crossed her arms across her chest while puffing her cheeks. Even though she knew it was just L’s usual teasing, she still felt grumpy that he would not give her break even on this day itself.

“Aww. Someone is angry.” L chuckled again as he pulled Eunhye closer to him, making her huffed as she slid closer to his side. “Arraseo. I promise to. I will not even look at any girls when I’m in school, okay? Keke.” She gave him a weak nod as she heard her assurance, putting her head on his shoulder. “Remember to talk to the hyungs if you have any problem. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Don’t stay in school till late at night too, I will worry since I can’t be there to pick you up.”

Tears welled up in Eunhye’s eyes as she listened to his reminders. She took a huge sniff and lifted her head off his shoulders. Turning to face him, she stretched her hands to pull the ends of the collar of L’s jacket. “Arraseo. Remember to keep yourself warm when you are in England too. You’ll always forget and leave your jacket at home.” She patted the dust off his jacket as a tear rolled down her delicate cheek.

“Oh my god. Why are you crying?” L wiped her cheeks as more tears started to fall uncontrollably. Eunhye shook her head and stared at the man’s face which she would miss for four years. “I won’t be able to leave peacefully if you are going to be like that, Eunhye-ah.” Reaching for her whole face, she wiped her face and forced a smile. “Mianhae. I know I promise not to cry. Just that… I’m already starting to miss you even though you are right by my side.” She looked down as she caressed L’s hand which was now on her thigh.

“Four years will pass by very quickly, silly. I will come back during my vacations.” L grabbed her hands and laced his fingers with hers. With the courage from L’s touch, Eunhye looked up and finally breaking into a smile.

“Don’t cry anymore, pabo.” L whispered as he leaned towards Eunhye, planting a kiss on her lips. Eunhye looked at him shyly as she answered to his kiss, eyes and lips locked together.


 

“L! Eunhye! Here!” Auntie Jung waved at them as the couple walked through the sliding doors at the airport entrance. Mr Lee had already brought L’s belongings and checked-in all his baggage while the couple was rushing to the airport.

L’s fingers laced through Eunhye’s while they were waiting for the boarding time. They were unwilling to let go of each other’s hands even for a second since they knew the next time would be months or even years later. Their hearts skipped a little each time the announcements rang for other flights.

“There they are!” Sungyeol called out to the rest of the members of INFINITE and BEAST as they rushed forward, even Jiyoon was here to send him off even though she had declared war with him for snatching her best friend.

“Take care of yourself, L-hyung.” Sungjong grinned as he gave L a pat. “Ooh. Our baby is telling me to take care.” He ruffled Sungjong’s hair as he pulled him for a hug. “Take care of Eunhye-noona for me.” L whispered to him as they broke apart. Sungjong flashed him an “okay” sign as the BEAST members came forward and launched him hugs.

Eunhye retreated to the back of the crowd as she looked at the big family she had. Because of the both of them, both groups were like best buddies now and she really liked this fact.

 

*Ding Dong Dang*

“Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight IFN0313 to England. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.”

Everyone froze as they finished listening to the announcement for L’s flight. Eunhye’s heart clenched as the time crept nearer and nearer. Junhyung, who was by her side the moment he stepped into the airport patted her shoulders as he realised the situation. “Remember to call back when you are free, you kid. Don’t even try to forget us.” Sungyeol gave L a hug as he half-threatened him.

Junhyung stepped forward after everyone had given L their fair share of hug. “Oh wow, are you going to give me a hug too? Junhyung-hyung.” L chuckled as he looked at his indifferent face. After confirming that everyone was busy on their own, he reached out and tugged onto L’s collar. “H-hyung?” L’s eyes widened at Junhyung’s sudden action. “You are dead if you are really caught letting Eunhye down. I will fly over even before Eunhye does.” L nodded frantically before continuing. “Hyung. You know how Eunhye’s like. Please help to look out for her when I’m not around. You know how she would always pretend to be alright when she isn’t.”

Junhyung snorted as he heard L’s nagging. “Seems like the cold city man in Infinity High has really changed. I will take care of her even if you didn’t instruct me. She has all the oppas here with her, you should worry about yourself more. I wish you all the best there.” Junhyung extended his hand to L as L grabbed it immediately. The enmity between the two guys resolved as they understood what they did was for Eunhye.

Eunhye was still rooted to the ground as she saw her oppas bidding farewell to her boyfriend. Junhyung moved away from his spot so that the couple could have the remaining time together. As if it was pre-planned, the rest of the members cleared the path together so they could have some privacy.

She looked at L with so much love in her eyes. She could not believe that L was really leaving. The feeling was not that strong until she heard the announcement previously. L walked over to Eunhye as he saw her stiffened at the spot. “Are you not going to say goodbye to me? You are the last.” Hearing the word goodbye ached her heart the most, a tear rolled down again even though she had told herself umpteen times that she should not cry.

“Sorry, I promised not to…” L shook his head as he wiped her tears. “Silly. Don’t apologise. But I would love to see your beautiful smile before I go in.” He stretched his arms around her and hugged her tightly, enjoying her embrace. He was sure he would miss it once he was there. Eunhye returned the hug as she patted on his back. She wiped her face as she pulled away from L, flashing the most beautiful smile. “My promise.”

“That’s my Eunhye.” L caressed Eunhye’s face and he beamed proudly at her. Eunhye tiptoed and placed both her hands on his cheek, “I will wait for you. Please take care of yourself.” L nodded as the announcement bell rang.

 

*Ding Dong Dang*

“This is the final boarding call for passengers booked on flight IFN0313 to England. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately ten minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for passengers of flight IFN0313. Thank you.”

L treaded over to Mrs Kim, Auntie Jung and Mr Lee who were looking at them for the whole time. He gave each of them the last hug before walking back to Eunhye. He her face for the last time. “I need to go already. I will call back once I have touched down in England.” Eunhye nodded weakly as the grip on their hands loosen. L picked up the handheld luggage from the floor before laying a soft kiss on Eunhye’s forehead.

 

 

“I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too.” She responded.

L waved his hyungs and dongsaeng goodbye for the last time before bowing in appreciation to Mrs Kim, Auntie Jung and Mr Lee.

As he received his passport back from the airport security, he turned around and look at Eunhye again.

 

 

I am glad to have met you, Choi Eunhye.

 

 

 

Smiling at her once again, he mouthed a message to her for the last time.

“Saranghae. Thank you, my love.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The last chapter is here!! T.T

Sorry for the huge huge delay. :(

I wanted to end this story before the end of this year, so can this be a new year present to all my readers??

Really sorry for making you guys wait every week.

So do you guys like this ending? Remember, a sequel is coming up soon! Please anticipate it. :D

Thank you so much to all my readers for this past year.

It was not easy to complete this fanfic since it was my story, but your little comments and upvotes always encourage me to do better.

I hope you guys will continue to give me support for my sequel which will be coming up shortly.

Kamsahamnida!! :D