19: Reconciliation

Thank you, my love

Eunhye and L fell into a cold war soon after the incident, they had not spoke to each other for days and it worried the rest.

Auntie Jung had since noticed it and wanted to be the peacemaker but neither of them listened to her. In their opinions, this had nothing to do with the adults and they did not want to bother them.

“Let the kids settle their own relationship. They are old enough to handle.” That was the only thing Mrs Kim mentioned when Auntie Jung told her about it.

She was right.

It was better for the doer to undo what he had done.


 

Both of them walked to school together without uttering a single word.

It was more like they did not know what to say. L found it difficult to explain himself because Eunhye had definitely already misunderstood and it might become worse if he did not use the correct words.

On the other hand, Eunhye did not want to discuss about it. Because she was afraid.

She was afraid of hearing the answer she hated.

Call her a coward. But that was the last pride she wanted to hold on.


 

“KYAAAAA~~~”

“OMG! It’s her!”

“What is she doing in our department?”

“Is she here to look for someone?”

A loud commotion could be heard along the corridor when it was lunch time. Eunhye could not be bothered with it since she had a bigger problem by herself.

 

Eunhye jumped in surprise when Jiyoon tapped on her shoulders. “I’m going to take a look outside and buy some food for us since we are staying here. I’ll be right back, and don’t look too troubled. You are scaring people. Keke.” Jiyoon picked up her wallet and skipped to the door.

Just as she was about to make her exit, she saw the reason why people were making so much noise outside.

It was Hyorin. She was right in front of her.

“Is Choi Eunhye around? I need to talk to her.” Hyorin asked in an unkind tone. Before Jiyoon could reply her, she brushed against her shoulders and walked right in where Eunhye was sitting. Feeling startled, Jiyoon ran back to Eunhye to aid her friend.

“It’s your lunch time right? I need to talk to you.” Hyorin stood beside her desk. Nodding slightly, Eunhye followed Hyorin reluctantly and mouthed a “I’ll be right back.” to her friend.

~~

Both of them walked towards the end of the building where there was a quiet hallway which students seldom come.

As soon as Hyorin checked for the surroundings, she tugged onto the collar of Eunhye’s cardigan and confronted. “So… Is it true that you and L are together now?” Eunhye pulled her hands off her cardigan, “Yes. We are a couple now. And you should have realised that school has known about it already.”

Feeling absurd, Hyorin took a step forward and haughtily mocked, “Yes, of course. But do you know that L is dating you because he is using you as a substitute for me?”

Her words made Eunhye froze on the spot. The sharp pain on her chest was back. But she clearly understood that she should trust L instead of allowing others to defame him. At that moment, she realised she had to protect and fight for her own love.

Eunhye moved a step backwards, “You are wrong, sunbae. L is not someone like that. You have known him for so many years. You should understand him more.”

Without giving Hyorin a chance to debate, she continued. “I thought you were going to pursue your studies overseas after your exchange programme, why are you back? You were the one that left L behind, why did you come back? Do you know how much he had suffered when you were gone?”

A tear rolled down Eunhye’s cheeks as she recalled how much L had cried when he knew Hyorin was leaving. “In the first place, the reason you grabbed tightly onto him was not because you liked him, it was because of his popularity, right? Do you think L did not know all these? Now you are back, you needed him to maintain your popularity once again. Am I right? Hyorin-sunbae, you are so selfish!”

Being all bewildered and dumbfounded by Eunhye’s words. She sneered and started advancing towards Eunhye's direction. She did not expect Eunhye and L to have found out her motive. “You don’t know anything. You seriously don’t. I have known him for years since we were young, and you? Maybe only for a year or even lesser. WHAT DO YOU KNOW?”

Eunhye started moving backwards since the advancing Hyorin was being too aggressive. “Hyorin-sunbae. Understanding a person does not matter in the amount of time. If you have the heart and patience to do it, you will get it and the person will open to you too.”

Hyorin shook her head. She knew all these, but it was too late.

Without realizing that she had already backed off to the end of the stairs, she continued moving back until there was no space. She took one last step and she realised that was the end of the hallway. Having insufficient to react, she fell backwards and rolled down the stairs.

“AHHHHHHH!!”

The loud sound of stumbling echoed at the quiet hallway.

Hyorin stretched her hand out a second later to grab Eunhye as she saw the horrifying scene right in front of her.

But it was too late.

~~

Just then, L came running towards them. He dashed here immediately after Jiyoon told him that Eunhye had left with Hyorin. He had wanted to ask Eunhye out for lunch originally, but rushed here because of the great ominous feeling he had.

Panting and catching his breath as he arrived, he saw the appalling scene. He looked at Hyorin’s frozen extended hand and frightened expression before glancing over to the end of the stairs.

“Eunhye ah!”

Eunhye crawled up and tried to sit up. She winced at the pain as she felt her right foot with her hand. “Are you okay? Are you bleeding?” L went to her and held her to sit upright as he checked for her injuries. “I’m okay. But I think I had twisted my ankle.”

She looked at L’s worried expression and felt happy. She knew that L still cared about her. Not wasting any time, L pulled Eunhye’s petite body over his back and picked her up. He stomped off the stairs as he glared at Hyorin once more.


 

L gently laid Eunhye on the bed of the infirmary while the school doctor walked over to examine her. He paced to and fro outside the room while he was waiting for the doctor to complete the treatment.

It was a similar scene, but the feeling was different now. Because, the person was his girlfriend now.

~~

The door clicked open and the doctor welcomed him to enter. He ran and knelt beside Eunhye’s bed, constantly asking if she was feeling well.

“She’s fine. You don’t have to worry. She had sprained her ankle and suffered a few bruises on her limps. She will recover in a few days.” The school doctor assured before leaving the both of them alone in the infirmary.

They bowed politely to him before L turned to look at Eunhye again. He heaved a sigh of relief and stared at Eunhye. “Are you really okay? You have to tell me if you are not.”

Eunhye nodded and looked down to her hands. She did not know what to say and felt a knot in her heart because it was the first time they had spoken since that incident.

L flicked Eunhye’s forehead and it made Eunhye looked up in surprise immediately. He broke the silence. “You are always making me worry, do you know that?” Eunhye pouted and rubbed her forehead, “You don’t have to worry, and this is just a small case after that accident right?”

L stood up and took a seat beside Eunhye, changing his expressions to a stern one. “Yah, Choi Eunhye. This is not funny. Don’t joke about such things. I can really die if anything happen to you again, understand?” Eunhye turned and looked at L, smiling at the silly boy. It hurted her too when he was feeling sad. “Arrasseo. And next time I don’t want you to talk about nonsense like death. It is not something that should be a byword.”

He nodded as he gestured Eunhye to lie on the bed and rest. She knew it would be impossible for her to reject, so she could only followed his instructions. “I will apply sick leave for you. You rest here and I will pick you up after school.” He covered the blanket for her before walking out.

Just as he was about to exit, he turned back. “I warn you. Don’t try to escape like the other time. Wait for me.” Eunhye nodded and L gave her his signature smirk before going back to class.

He smiled. It was his first smile after so many days.


 

L came back with Eunhye’s belongings after school. He had a hard time trying to convince Jiyoon that Eunhye was fine and she did not need to visit her in the infirmary. He bent down and patted his back as Eunhye sat up from the bed. “Get up, I’ll carry you back.”

"I can walk home if you hold onto me." Eunhye tried to reject by making him stand up. But L was adamant about it. He turned and looked at her with a straight face. “Don’t be stubborn. If you don’t let me piggyback you home, then I’ll have no choice but to carry you home in the bridal style way.” He turned back and revealed his back for her. Eunhye gasped and quietly climbed to his back. L let out a soft laughter because he knew that his threatens would always work on this silly girl.

L adjusted Eunhye’s position on his back after walking for a while. He recalled the incident just now and wanted to know more about it. “What did Hyorin-noona and you talked about just now?” Eunhye tightened her grasp around L’s neck, “Nothing much. Basically about you. But I guess we have sorted things out. I don’t think she will look for me anymore too after this incident.”

He turned his head and looked at Eunhye. “Okay. I will not talk about it if you don’t want to. But I need to know something. Did she push you down the stairs just now?”

Taken aback by the misunderstanding which L had, Eunhye quickly defended Hyorin. “Of course not! I fell down myself. I did not realise I was at the tip of the stairs already. She wanted to save me but it was too late and I rolled down.”

L crossed his eyebrows and confirmed with Eunhye once again. "Are you sure?" He breathed out loudly. He was glad that Hyorin did not do something so mean. But he could not release it from his mind about all the incidents that had happened.


 

As they reached the gate of the house, Eunhye requested L to let her off. “I’m not feeling that painful anymore already. And I do not want granny or Auntie Jung to make a fuss if they see you carrying me back home.” L nodded and gently let Eunhye off his back.

L unlocked and held onto the gate as Eunhye limped into the house. L looked at Eunhye’s back view and decided that he should sort things clearly so that he would stop hurting the girl he loved.

He grabbed onto Eunhye’s hand and called out to her at the same time. She turned around and looked confused at his sudden call.

“Yes?”

Before she could utter a second word, L pulled her into his embrace tightly. Eunhye smiled as this was the first time he took the initiative.

“Eunhye, mianhae. That box… I didn’t meant to lose my temper at you the other day.” L pulled Eunhye away from the embrace before continuing. “The box was just my memory. I did not want you to misunderstand when you see it, which was why I kept it high up at the top shelf. I did not expect you to find it and take it down. Mianhae.”

Eunhye shook her head in relief when she heard L’s confession. “You could have told me. And… Actually I did not found the box. I was hanging your clothes and it fell on me. I saw the contents because the things scattered after it fell. I’m sorry for looking at them too. I didn’t know they meant so much to you.”

L’s eyes shot open when he heard Eunhye’s explanation. It was all a misunderstanding. Such a prank that fate had played on them. It should not have even started in the first place if they had explained themselves the other day. “No. the things were important to me. But you are as important to me too. You are one that I loved and you are irreplaceable.”

Eunhye chuckled softly at L’s cheesy words, her heart had softened the moment he apologised. “You laughed. So you will forgive me right?” Eunhye smiled and nodded. L cheered and gave Eunhye a big hug as both of them reconciled.

~~

At the very same moment, Mrs Kim and Auntie Jung were looking at them through the kitchen window.

"Do you think it is okay for us to peep at them like that?" Auntie Jung asked as she turned to look at Mrs Kim. "It is as long as they don't discover, I think they are almost done. Let's leave before we are really caught red-handed. Keke." Mrs Kim assured and the two women smiled at each other as they witnessed their reunion.


 

“You will come and watch me at the basketball match later right?” L bugged Eunhye as they walked back from lunch. The remaining INFINITE and BEAST members had left earlier so that the couple could have more time with each other.

“Yes, I will. Kim Myungsoo. You have asked me for so many times already and I have said yes. How many times do you want to ask?” Eunhye looked at L, faking an impatient look. L grinned widely before giving Eunhye a big hug as they walked to the stadium together. He could not hear anything except her answer.

But their relationship had escalated well after the happenings.

~~

It was finally the semi-finals of the nation’s basketball tournament. L and his team had trained really hard to win against the many schools which had participated. Not only Eunhye, his INFINITE members, BEAST and Jiyoon had come along as well to show their support.

Since the match was held in their school, many other students came to watch the match too. The student body and cheerleaders gave a loud cheer before the game officially started.

For the whole time, Eunhye could not take her eyes off L. She felt that her boyfriend was really outrageously handsome on the court, especially when he was serious listening to his coach or getting his team mates to move correspondently.

~~

There was only a few more minutes before the match will end officially. The opponent school had a strong team too. It was expected since this was the semi-final round. The score was currently at a tie and both teams were trying their best to obtain as many shots as possible.

The timing on the scoreboard was ticking away rapidly. At the last second, L managed to obtain the possession of the basketball in his hands. Without any wastage of time, he aimed at the basket for the field goal position and shot it.

“Beep beep beeeeeeep……”

The whistle for the end of the game had sounded.

L and his team looked at the ball intently, the student body of their school held their breath as they looked. The game would end if he managed to score this time. The basketball hit the rims of the basket.

 

Tat-tat-tat.

 

The ball had securely went through the basket, letting L’s team earn another score.

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAA!!”

Everyone screamed when they witnessed the score-in. Eunhye joined the crowd and she stood up, clapping thunderously for her awesome boyfriend.

“The victory goes to… Infinity School! Congratulations for advancing to the finals!” The commentators announced and the school cheered again. After the coach dismissed the team, L ran towards Eunhye immediately and they fell into a deep embrace. Ignoring the fact that there were many people there, L laid a kiss on Eunhye’s forehead after she had congratulate him for the win.

L’s team members, INFINITE, BEAST and the remaining spectators cheered once more when they saw it, inviting all the envious eyes looking at them. The BEAST members looked at the couple like proud brothers, including Junhyung who was glad that there were advancing well.

~~

At the same time, Hyorin was looking at them at the top of the spectators’ seat. She was present for the match throughout, but did not made her presence obvious to any of the members.

It was then she realised that L had really moved on from her and he was no longer the same L Kim whom she could control. What she saw now was the side of L which she had never seen before. Eunhye had really changed him for the better.

Eunhye was really more compatible for L.

 

Hyorin turned and walked to the exit. She was jealous but pretty sure that no one would be able to replace Eunhye’s position in L’s heart anymore. She walked out of the stadium and gave her blessings to the couple bitterly, knowing that they were impossible anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Annyeong readers!

How was your week? :D

New chapter is here.

They have finally reconciled right? :')

Thank you for waiting patiently~~

Please subscribe, upvote and comment! And spread the love to fellow readers if you like my story.

Kamsahamnida.

Please don't forget to cast your vote at the poll chapter if you have not done so.

Till then! ^^