13: Sweet Misunderstandings

Thank you, my love

“Ah… I’m going to meet my friend.” Eunhye lied, looking down at her hands.

 

L lifted her eyebrows and looked at her, like as if he did not know who her friends were. He pointed to the white small plastic bag which Eunhye was clutching in her hands. “Isn’t that your medicine plastic bag? Why do you need to bring that along when you are meeting your friend?”

He did not give Eunhye any chance to reply and he continued, “Plus it’s so late already and you still want to go out?” In fact, he had already guessed what Eunhye was planning to do.

Eunhye stood still in her position, trying to make up any excuses that could let her sneak out of the house. This granted a chance for L to again. “Omo. Don’t tell me… You don’t dare to treat your wound yourself?”

“Ani!” She shook her head immediately, looked down and nodded her head slowly. She pouted. L could not help but to laugh at her cute actions and expressions.

“Yah! Stop laughing. The wound is not on you so you don’t feel the pain, that’s why you can still laugh at me!”  Eunhye snorted. Her reply made him felt guilty. In fact, his heart was as painful as her wound when he saw her like this.

L reached out and grabbed the white plastic bag from Eunhye’s grasp, making her shriek by the sudden action. “Let’s go.”

He turned and marched towards his room. The dense Eunhye stunned and continued to stand on the spot, “Where are we going?” L sighed at her question. He turned back and flicked Eunhye’s forehead, earning a snap from her. He did not allow her to ask any question and pushed her into his room.

L gestured Eunhye to sit on her bed, but she once again did not understand his signal. He impatiently dragged her to his bed. “Sit down. And remove your clothes.”

“WHAT?!” Eunhye’s eyes popped out like golf balls. She could not believe what she had just heard. She instantly lifted her heads and covered her body.

Her sudden reaction made L speechless. He did not know whether if he should laugh or cry at Eunhye’s response. He smacked his forehead and sighed again, surrendering from her. “If you don’t remove the strap of your shirt, how can I clean and apply the medicine on your wound?”

Eunhye heaved a sigh of relief. “So… You will help me?” L nodded, settling out the bottles. “If not what were you thinking about? Don’t think too much.” Eunhye blushed upon hearing it, she had definitely thought too much and towards the wrong way.

She pulled down the strap of her tank top. L carefully removed the big bandage on her left shoulder and she winced in pain. His heart ached when he saw the bleeding and stitched up wound. *If I could rewind time, I would bear all these myself.*

“Still painful right? Don’t worry, it will heal well.” He carefully used distilled water to brush it lightly before disinfecting it and applying a layer of medicine over it.

His small actions and speeches made Eunhye felt touched. And a kind of warmth which she had not experienced before, not even from Junhyung.

“Gomawo.” Eunhye adjusted the strap of her tank top before walking towards the door.

L shook her head and cleared his throat. “Hmm… I will help you with the cleaning until you recover. And…”

“Yes?” She waited for him to continue.

“Don’t try to keep anything from me. You are a bad liar. Tell me everything.” L rubbed the back of his neck with embarrassment. “Hmm.” She gave a slight response before closing the door after her.


 

Since Eunhye would be excused from school for another week, Junhyung decided to visit her at her house after school.

*DING DONG*

L looked through the screen and saw Junhyung at the gate. He opened the gate and door reluctantly, speaking in the most annoying tone, “Why are you here?” Junhyung grunted. “Why can’t I come here?”

Both of them refused to budge. One refusing to answer and the latter refused to let him enter. Just then, Eunhye walked down the stairs and saw Junhyung. She beamed and pulled Junhyung in to the living room.

“Junhyung-oppa! Are you here to visit me?” She asked excitedly. Both of them started exchanging conversations happily in the living room. “Ah. I forgot to get you a drink. Wait for a while, oppa. I will go get you one.” Eunhye was about to leave for the kitchen until L’s voice stopped her.

“I will go get it, isn’t your hand injured?” He trotted off to the kitchen before Eunhye could reply him. From the kitchen, he could hear how much the both of them chatted and laughed. “She was not like that when she was with me.” He could not help but to feel a gush of jealousy rush up to his mind.

”Thank you L. You can just leave us alone already. I will take care of oppa. And I will clear the cups later.” She looked up to L, who was still standing around.

“Ani, this is my house. Can’t I stay here just because you have a guest? I want to watch the tv.” He flopped down to the armchair and switched on the tv. Eunhye shrugged her shoulders at Junhyung, showing him that she could not do anything either that they have to just bear with it.

L had no intention to watch tv. He just wanted to stay around so he could see what they were doing. He browsed through the channels and turned up the volume, laughing occasionally and unncessarily towards the jokes from the drama.

It started to piss Eunhye off when she realized that Junhyung and she had to raise their voice a little in order to hear each other clearly. She turned to L, “Can you lower down the volume a bit? We can’t hear each other clearly already.”

L chose to ignore her. He was pissed too that she raised her volume at him just because of Junhyung’s visitation. Unable to make him budge, Eunhye glared at L before gesturing Junhyung to follow her up to her room.

Although L pretended to be cool about it, he switched off the tv immediately and followed them upstairs once he had made sure that both of them had went into her room. He was loitering and pacing up and down in front of her door, wondering what the both of them were doing inside.

*Click*

The door to Eunhye’s room clicked open. When L heard the door slid open, he ran to the toilet and pretended that he was just done using it, brushing his hair awkwardly. Eunhye came back up after she had sent Junhyung off.

She saw L sitting on the sofa at the common area outside their rooms. Since she had not gotten over L’s childish acts just now, she stomped back to her room without saying anything.

“Choi Eunhye.” L called out to her. To his surprise, Eunhye ignored him and slid the door open.

“Are you ignoring me now? How can you do this to your savior?” He stood up from his seat.

Feeling outrageous, she turned around. “I sincerely thank you for your help that time. But I believe I have already paid it back.” She pointed to the bandage on her shoulder and turned back.

Before she could step into her room, L grabbed her wrist and turned her back. “What were the both of you doing inside just now? Both of you took such a long time.” Eunhye frowned. “I don’t think I have to explain to you?”

“Why? Do you like him?” He asked.

Eunhye was bewildered by his question. She retorted, “Then do you like Hyorin-sunbae?”

He clucked his tongue. “I asked you a question first.”

Eunhye removed his hands forcefully from her wrist, “If you don’t answer me, I’m not answering you too.”

Hearing her reply, he ruffled his own hair in frustration. He had met his opponent finally, how could she be so stubborn?

Eunhye pushed L aside to go into her room. She slid the door open, “Junhyung-oppa is just an oppa. Don’t think too much.” And she closed the door behind her. She felt that L really did like Hyorin, that was why he chose to not answer her question.

But on the other hand, L was really happy to hear Eunhye’s answer. He walked back to his room and leaned on his door. Images of Eunhye’s face and cute expressions brushed past his memory.

It was the first time that he felt that he might have really fallen in love with her.


 

After many days of recuperation, Eunhye could finally remove the stitches to her wound.

During breakfast, she mentioned it to Auntie Jung that she would do that before she headed for her noon classes.

When L heard that, he insisted of following. “I have to go. You broke the promise the other time, remember?” Eunhye recalled the promise, she had agreed to let L pick her up when she was discharging, but she did not. She sighed since she did not really had a choice but to let L tag along.

“Hmm… Your wound is recovering really well. The scar will not be too obvious when it had completely healed. But you have to still treat it carefully until it is 100% done, alright?” Eunhye’s face brightened when she heard that. Her worry had been reassured by the doctor.


 

“Let’s go for ice-cream! My treat!” Eunhye beamed as she skipped out happily of the hospital. Hearing what the doctor had mentioned really made her day. Although her sudden change in mood has shocked L, he followed her excitedly.

Both of them strolled along the pavement. A speeding bicycle was moving on the pavement too. Eunhye did not spot it since she was too engrossed looking at the surroundings.

The rider rang his bicycle bell as he was about to collide with Eunhye. L saw what happened and he quickly pulled Eunhye, spinning her around and into his embrace. They heaved a sigh of relief when they realized they were safe.

“Yah! Watch out.” He looked at Eunhye, still holding her in his embrace. Eunhye jolted and moved a step back. “Ah. Sorry, and thank you.” She blushed shyly when she realized what had happened.

As they continued to walk along, L slowly moved his hand closer to Eunhye’s. An electrifying moment moved past the both of them when his hand slightly brushed against hers. Creeping closer and closer, he breathed in to give himself the courage.

L reached for Eunhye’s hand and held it tightly with his. Eunhye blushed when she felt his touch, but she did not reject it. She could feel her heartbeat racing within her.

Realizing that Eunhye did not reject him, L blushed too. Both of them held their hands sweetly and walked towards the ice cream shop.

“We will eat well, kamsahamnida.” Eunhye reached out for the two cups of ice cream and handed one to L. They found a table near the window at a quiet area.

Wanting to tease Eunhye, L his spoon cleanly and sneaked a bite from Eunhye’s cup of ice cream. “Yah!” Eunhye pouted and slapped his hand, before doing the same to L. They goofed around happily until L spotted a few of their schoolmates from the window. It was not difficult to see any of their schoolmates since their school was just around the corner.

“Eunhye ah, look at me and don’t turn.” L looked away, making Eunhye wonder about his sudden change of attitude.

“Wae?” She wanted to look back but was stopped by L.

“I told you not to. There are a couple of schoolmates outside the ice cream shop.” He looked away again and put up his poker face front. The schoolmates noticed him and started to wave at him, he slightly waved back and look down to his ice cream.

“Are they gone?” Eunhye asked which L nodded. “Is it very embarrassing for you to be seen with me?” She put the ice cream on the table, waiting for his answer. He reached out his hand and placed it on top of Eunhye’s, “Ani. I just don’t want them to spread weird stories.”

Eunhye sighed, understanding his signal. They finished their ice cream in the most awkward silence, without breathing another single word. Once she was done, she carried her bag and walked towards the door, not waiting for L. He wanted to call out to her but she was already far from reach. He grabbed his bag and chased out too.

“Wait for me! Why do you walk so quickly?” He grabbed Eunhye’s hand once again when he was out. Feeling his touch, Eunhye’s heart softened and forgave him, smiling at him weakly.

They window-shopped along the shops and small stalls, enjoy every moment they had together. The sharp-eyed L spotted another group of his fellow schoolmates and he let go his hand immediately.

Feeling the sudden loss of touch, Eunhye looked down and realized L had let go his hand. She looked up and saw the reason to it. She shook her head and treaded away, moving further from L. L caught up with her as soon as he made sure that there were no one else around them.

“Eunhye ah, mianhae. You know the reason right?” He grabbed her arm from the back to stop her from walking further. “Yes, I know. And you know what? You don’t need to force yourself to do such things to me. I don’t need your pity.” She pushed his hand away from her arm and stared at him.

She felt angry and hurt at the same time. It was like someone had ripped the wound open when it was already healing.

Eunhye moved a step forward and murmured, “I think it is better for you to walk away from me so no one will see and gossip about us.” She sped up after she finished, fighting against the tears in her eyes.

L ruffled his hair after Eunhye left. That was not what he meant, but he did not know how he could express it correctly. He knew Eunhye would not listen to her, so he did not bother chasing after her too.

He took out his phone and texted Eunhye.

To: Eunhye

-- Mianhae.

-- I know you are not working today. We need to talk, wait for me after school.

 

Eunhye looked at her phone, wondering what she should reply. It seemed that L still did not know what the problem was.

To: L

-- I accept your apology.

-- But I don’t think we need to talk. I’m not free after school.

 

“Aish, this stubborn girl.” L threw his phone into his bag after he saw Eunhye’s text. There was no way he could communicate properly with the stubborn girl.


 

Eunhye laid her head on the table and back-faced the door, not realizing that Jiyoon had walked in and sat beside her.

“Eunhye?” Jiyoon put down her bag and sat down, noticing her down mood.

“Hmm?” She replied without any thoughts of turning back.

Before Jiyoon can ask another question, their teacher walked in.

“Okay class, settle down. I have good news for everyone!” She announced and the class cheered in excitement. “I bet all of you had heard about the excursion right? The venue had been decided. We will be going to Water Park!”

Another round of cheerings surrounded the classroom.

“Another good news, you can bring anyone you would like to. But you have to apply and seek permission from the school first.” The class applauded again at the teacher’s announcement.

“Will everyone from the first year go together?” One of the students raised his hand and asked the teacher. The teacher nodded. The girls in the class shrieked since they know that the first year students from the Sports Department would be joining as well.

“Ah, another thing. Please report to me early if you are not going. The approval will only be given if there is a valid reason. Understand?”

“Ne…” The class replied in unison.

Jiyoon nudged Eunhye’s arm excitedly too, asking her if she would ask Junhyung along for the excursion. Eunhye shook her head, “I will think about it. I’m not really interested in the trip actually.”

Jiyoon looked at her in astonishment, but did not probe further since she was pretty sure that something had happened.

In Eunhye’s mind, the images of L were trapped in her mind, repeating the scenes that happened this afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

A longer chapter updated!

Any MyungHye shippers~~?

Finally they are moving on sweetly, but seems like there will be much more obstacles coming along.

Please look forward to the next chapter! :D

Remember to subscribe, comment and upvote!

Thanks all~~ ^^v