14: Love Rain; Sick

Thank you, my love

Eunhye leaned on the sofa after taking her bath. She was enjoying the silence when she felt the area beside her sank. She glanced to her right and saw L beside her.

“Hmm… Are you going to the water park?” L asked Eunhye carefully, while playing with the corners of the cushion which he was hugging. Eunhye turned her head and looked at him with a straight face before replying. “It’s not your problem if I go or not, right?” She stood up and walked up to her room, not giving L any chance to reply.

L breathed out in disbelief, ruffling his hair and laid down on the sofa, taking up the space which Eunhye had left. “Alright. Let’s not talk then!”

Sensing the cold atmosphere, Mrs Kim tapped Auntie Jung’s hand when she walked past. “Do you know what happened to the kids?” Auntie Jung shrugged her shoulders as she set up the dining table. “I’m not sure too. They will keep quiet and ignore each other when they see me. Should be fine, lovers’ tiff I guess?” She chuckled.

As they settled down for dinner, L rushed to the empty seat beside Eunhye as soon as she had sat down. The elders in the family had seen everything in their eyes.

“Eunhye ah, I’ve heard about the school trip. So are you going to the water park?” Mrs Kim asked Eunhye as she served Eunhye a bowl of hot soup. L’s strained his ears when he heard that.

“Ne. I will be going since Jiyoon is going too.” Eunhye glanced at L when she replied Mrs Kim. L beamed when he heard the answer that he wanted. “I will be going too, granny. I’m bringing Hyorin-noona along.” He smirked as he turned to look at Eunhye’s reaction.

Eunhye continued chewing on her food. She did not showed her feelings explicitly, but she was disappointed that L would bring Hyorin along.

Even though it was just a senseless act by L, he did not realise that every single action he did would actually affect the sensitive Eunhye.


 

“Kids, finish your breakfast quickly. Mr Lee will drive you guys to the school first before going to the office. So speed up and don’t delay him.” Auntie Jung ordered as Eunhye and L strolled down the stairs with their bags.

They loaded their bags to the boot and treaded up to the car. “Mr Lee, can you pick Hyorin-noona up? Since she lives nearby too.” L asked as he climbed to his seat.

Mr Lee looked at Eunhye through the rear mirror. He guessed she would be uncomfortable if Hyorin was to join them. Eunhye knew what Mr Lee was worrying; she bent forward to the driver’s seat, “Yeah, Mr Lee. If it is convenient for you, let’s pick Hyorin-sunbae up.” She gave him an assurance smile.

They soon reached a mansion after a few minutes’ drive. Hyorin was already waiting at the gate with her bags. As soon as the car stopped by, L hopped down and helped her with her bags.

Hyorin walked to the back passenger seat and opened the door where Eunhye was seated.

“Ah… Annyeong-haseyo, Hyorin-sunbae.”  Eunhye greeted politely.

Hyorin flashed her sweetest smile and greeted back. When Eunhye was going to close the door, Hyorin stopped her and smiled apologetically. “Eunhye ah. Mianhae. I will get motion sickness if I sit at the front. Can I sit at the back? But it will be uncomfortable if the three of us are to squeeze at the back right?”

Hearing what Hyorin had said, Mr Lee motioned L to take the front passenger seat. It was obvious what Hyorin wanted. Before L could move to the front, Eunhye alighted from the car. “Sure, you can sit here with L. I will sit in front.”

Mr Lee shook his head as he started the engine of the car. He had never taken a liking to Hyorin from the beginning since he met her when she was younger.

Throughout the journey, Eunhye could see their interaction through the side mirror. It ached her heart. L did not even try to keep a distance from her and it seemed like he had already long forgotten what had happened between the both of them.

Mr Lee adjusted his position a bit to look at Eunhye. He could clearly see that she was upset. He turned back to concentrate on the road and prayed that things could work well for the both of them.


 

Eunhye walked towards her class’s assembly area and met up with Jiyoon. All the present students were exciting and chattering about what they should do later. There were many of them since the school allowed them to bring other students.

“You did not ask Yoseob-oppa or the other oppas to join us?” Eunhye linked her arm to Jiyoon as they walked forward to take their attendance. “Of course not! This is the only time where I can play and enjoy without the oppas keeping watch of me. What about you? I thought you would ask Junhyung-oppa along.”

Eunhye slung her bag across her shoulders, “You are right. We have each other right? If the oppas are here they will nag at us. Keke.” Both of them chuckled when they thought of how they had shaken off their oppas.

Jiyoon met up with the rest of the classmates as they arrived one after another. Eunhye walked over to a nearby bench since she did not want to mingle with the crowd.

She looked at her phone and started having thoughts that she should not go for the trip afterall. She sighed as more and more people started arriving at the assembly area. “Maybe I should find an excuse and not go. I can’t swim and the idea of having to entertain the student crowd turns me off.” Thoughts ran through her mind.

At the same time, L brought Hyorin to the INFINITE members.

“Omo, Hyorin-noona! You are really coming along with us? The trip will be awesome now!” Sungyeol cheered as he helped to carry some of Hyorin’s baggage.

Just as everyone was cheering excitedly at each other, the teacher announced the classes that will be sharing the buses to the Water Park.

Eunhye smacked her forehead when she heard that her class would be sharing a bus with L’s class. This made her made up her mind to escape the trip.


 

The excited students pushed one another to get on the bus, as if they would not be able to go on board if they were late for a second.

Just like the other students, the INFINITE members pushed their way up as well, occupying the back row of seats.

Just as Jiyoon and Eunhye were about to board, Eunhye pulled Jiyoon aside while letting the students push their way up.

“Jiyoon ah. Sorry, I don’t think I will be joining you guys. I’m… I’m not feeling well. I will inform the teacher. Enjoy your trip and take lots of nice pictures, okay?” Eunhye held on to Jiyoon’s arm.

“What? Are you sure you can handle yourself? Let me accompany you to the doctor’s.” Jiyoon looked at Eunhye worriedly, but was assured by Eunhye that she would manage fine one her own.

After trying to convince the teacher in-charge that she was not feeling well, she finally got the green light to be excused.

As the bus was about to drive away, it struck L’s mind that he had not seen Eunhye until now. He looked around and saw a familiar back view walking away. He strained his eyes and saw that Eunhye was walking away. He wanted to alight to find out the reason, but the bus was already on its way.

L searched for his phone in his bag and dialled Eunhye’s number.

“He.. Hello?” Eunhye’s voice wavered when she saw L’s contact name on her phone’s screen.

L cleared his throat a bit before responding. “Why are you not on the bus?”

Eunhye sighed softly, making sure that L could not hear it over the phone, “I can’t swim, so there is no point for me to go. So I lied to the teacher that I’m not feeling well. Enjoy your time with the members and Hyorin-sunbae. If you can, help me to take care of Jiyoon too. Thank you.”

“No… I can take care of you if…”

“Ahhh! My phone is running low on battery. I will have to hang up now. BYE!” Eunhye hung up the call before she allowed L to continue.

She settled herself down at the bus stop seat.

Her real reason for not going was because she did not want to trouble the people around her to take care of her, especially when Hyorin was around. She knew L would not enjoy to his maximum if she was there because L would be taking care of her for he was still guilty about the previous accident they had.


 

She alighted from the bus at the nearest bus stop around their neighbourhood. Since she did not want to go home early, she took a random bus and roamed on the streets till now.

The street lights were already and the pavement was slightly brighter with the dimly-lit lights. As Eunhye walked closer to their house, she saw a familiar figure leaning against the gate.

 

“L? Why are you here?” Eunhye called out softly and the handsome boy turned and looked at her.

“I’m waiting for a pabo. I’ve stood outside my house for two hours which I don’t know why.” He glared at Eunhye, annoyed that she did not realise the real reason why he was back here.

Eunhye knew L was referring to her and she could sense the awkward atmosphere. She rubbed the back of her neck, finding an excuse so she could leave this place.

“AH! I just remembered I forgot to buy something. I… Err… You should go in first. I will be right back, okay?” She smiled awkwardly.

As she walked away, she felt a pull on her arm and before she realised, she was already leaning on gate.

“YAH!” Eunhye tried to push L away, but he was too strong for her.

“I will let you go if you answer my question.” He smirked.

“What?” Eunhye tried to stop L from inching closer by using her hands to block. “Why is your phone off?” L tried to push his way closer to her even though she was blocking it.

“I told you my phone was running out of… HMPHH!” Eunhye’s eyes opened widely at L’s action.

 

His lips had crashed onto Eunhye’s.

She felt her feet stuck on the ground and it seemed like the time had stopped ticking for that ten seconds.

 

L moved a step backwards to catch his breath and chuckled to see Eunhye’s shocked expression. He found her really cute like this. “I’m going in!” He smirked as he marched into the house like he had received a grand prize.

Eunhye, who still remained unmovable, blinked her eyes a few times. She could not believe what had happened. Her face blushed brightly and her heart raced when she recalled how soft L’s lips were.


 

The next morning, Eunhye woke up and decided that she should leave the house first because she did not want to meet L lest he made fun of her.

Just as Eunhye was about to reach school, she received a call from their discipline mistress that she would like to meet L and her.

Both of them met outside the office and knocked to enter.

“I called the both of you here because we have caught the culprit of that incident.” The discipline mistress announced and sipped on her coffee before continuing.

“We have questioned a few students and checked on the CCTV. Based on their statements, we really did see someone entering the art studio at that stipulated time.”

Eunhye and L nodded, wanting to know more about the culprit that had hurt them. “The culprit was a student from the Arts Department. His name is Kim Minjoon. He admitted very quickly after we had summoned him to the Principal’s room. He told us that his main target was L, not Eunhye. He wanted me to send his apology to you, Eunhye.”

While absorbing the information, L asked. ”Did he mention that anyone instigated him to do that? He is not from the Sports Department and I don’t even know him.”

“Yes. That was our main concern too. We were puzzled by his motive too since both of you did not know each other. After asking around, we realised that he had met up with Park Hyorin recently. And when we asked him about it, he defended Hyorin-ssi stating that he was not forced by her, everything was done on his own accord.”

The sudden news of that confused L. He did not expect things to turn out like this. Before they left, the discipline mistress mentioned that Kim Minjoon would be suspended from school so he could repent. And she hope that L would be able to end this amicably since he was mostly the cause of the accident.


 

L floated aimlessly to the school’s garden and sat on the bench. Feeling worried, Eunhye followed him silently, making sure that he was not in any danger.

“Myungsoo!”

Eunhye looked around and saw that it was Hyorin. She hid behind the pillar, just enough to see and hear what they were saying.

L also looked up when he heard his name. He felt disappointed and sad at the same time that the Hyorin-noona he knew for years had changed. Even though Eunhye was a distance away, she could clearly see the sadness he had when he looked at Hyorin.

Hyorin walked up to him before breaking down into tears.

“Mianhae, Myungsoo. I did not want things to become like this. Although I did not do it with my own hands, it was indirectly my fault too. I hope you will forgive me.” L shoved her hands away and shook his head.

Hyorin stood up from the bench, “I know it is difficult for you to forgive me now. But I will be leaving for half a year for an exchange programme. We can use this time to cool down and when I’m back, I hope you have forgiven me already.”

L looked up to Hyorin and shook his head. “So you are trying to escape from the reality now? The person who you should apologise is not me.”

He stood up and dragged his feet away, leaving Hyorin rooted on the ground.


 

Eunhye detoured and found L walking out the school gate. She caught hold of his arm and stopped him from walking further.

“You know we still have classes right? You can’t walk out just like this.” L shoved Eunhye’s hands away and continued moving forward. Feeling worried, Eunhye followed him out. She knew she could not just leave him alone in this state.

She sent a text to Jiyoon to apply sick leave for herself and also to inform Sungyeol about it so he could apply for L too. Although Jiyoon did not question her further, she knew there were some things that the both of them needed time to sort out.

 

“DRIP DROP… DRIP DROP…”

It was not long before it started to drizzle, Eunhye searched her bag for her umbrella but realised that she had left it at home. She cursed silently under her breath before catching up with L.

It did not take long before the rain became heavier and started pouring.

“L! Stop walking. It’s raining so heavily already. Let’s take shelter under the bus stop first!” Like as if her words were inaudible, L continued walking aimlessly under the rain.

Unable to stand it any longer, she stopped and shouted at L.

“Kim Myungsoo! I said stop walking! We have walked continuously for two hours already. How long more do you want to walk? YAHH!”

As though the words had finally struck his mind, he finally stopped his tracks. He turned back and saw Eunhye drenched from head to toe, panting under the rain to catch up with him.

He walked towards Eunhye and grabbed her bag. Pulling her hands and dragged her outside a sheltered shop to wait for the rain to stop.

At that moment, words were not necessary anymore. The presence of each other was enough to soothe the pain.


 

Both of them walked back home silently after the rain had stopped. Eunhye did not speak too since she knew that L was really heartbroken from the incident.

L went straight to his room when they reached home. Both of them were still drenched from the earlier rain.

Eunhye marched towards the bathroom once she had settled down her stuff. After a warm shower, she realised that L was still in his room.

This made her worry because she knew he would just coop himself up when he could not straighten his thoughts.

She knocked on his door softly before opening her door carefully. She extended her head slightly to look for L. He was lying on the sofa with his eyes closed.

Eunhye went over to the sofa and moved him up. She felt his body heated up and she reached for his forehead. “OMO. You’re having a fever. I told you not to walk under the rain already.”

As she tried to move the heavy body up, she called out to L to make sure that he was conscious. “L? How are you feeling? I’ll help you to your bed, okay? Endure for a while.”

L opened his eyes slightly and saw Eunhye.

His vision blurred out as soon as he tried to use his strength to balance himself. He felt his body giving away and he landed on Eunhye, which made Eunhye collapsed back onto the sofa while trying to support him.

“Are you okay? Wake up and look at me.”

 

 

“L…”

 

 

“L!”

 

 

 

 

 

Annyeong readers!

New chapter's up~

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote.

Thank you~~ :D