10: Sweet Danger

Thank you, my love

“L?” Eunhye called out to the figure leaning against the railings.

Eunhye chuckled as she walked down the stairs. “Keke. So you are the handsome guy which made my colleague unnies shrieked.”

L smirked, sitting up from the railings, “I knew it. My charms are irresistible. It is difficult to resist such a hot guy like me even though I’m just standing here.” His words made Eunhye cringed, she shook her head and both of them started to head towards the way of their house.

Both of them kept their silence on the way back.

“Why are you here anyway?” Eunhye turned and looked at L. Without looking back, he supported his neck with both of his hands, “Granny asked me to fetch you home. I didn’t come on my own accord.”

“What?!” Eunhye was baffled by L’s words. “You could have not come if you are so reluctant to do so.” She rolled her eyes and sped up ahead of L.

Seeing Eunhye’s quickened steps, he reached out for her hand and pulled her to a halt. “Yah. Are you angry?” Eunhye frowned at his senseless question. “I’m not angry. Just that if you don’t want to come, you could have just stayed at home. I don’t need anyone to fetch me too. What if I had already left or went somewhere else?”

Hearing that, L broke into a smile. He absolutely did not know how to handle crying women and angry women. He waved his phone in front of Eunhye’s eyes. “I can always call you if I don’t see you.”

Eunhye widened her eyes in shock. “How did you get my number?”

“Granny gave it to me.” L smirked and showed a victory sign with his hands. Eunhye stretched out her hand and tried to grab L’s phone. But it was impossible with his height. He waved his phone high above his head, teasing her further. Eunhye stopped and pouted. ”That’s unfair! Then you have to give me your number too!”

Seeing Eunhye pout made L’s heart softened. He had silently liked the way how Eunhye pout, he found it too cute to be true.

“Arraseo Arraseo.” He put his hands down, pretending to give Eunhye his number while scrolling through his phone. Eunhye brought out her phone from her bag, all prepared to key in his number. Seeing how serious she was, L smiled sneakily and looked at her. “You will know my number when the time comes! PABO~ HAHAHA.”

With that, he started running away, sticking out his tongue to her. Leaving Eunhye dumbfounded on the spot where she was standing. “What the… Yah! Kim Myungsoo!” She laughed while setting her feet to chase him.

It was not the first time L had teased and tricked her, but she was not angry at all. She could feel that that was the way how L showed his affection for people.

Both of them started goofing around on the quiet and empty streets. With L pulling Eunhye’s bag while she was walking in front of him, and Eunhye trying to step on his shoes while they were chasing each other around.

However, they did not realise that someone across the street was secretly observing them intensely.

Eunhye stopped and turned her head as she felt a blazing stare across the street. The person turned his back around and ran away when he realised that she had detected him.

The suspicious person was wearing their school uniform, and he was wearing a black baseball cap. It was difficult to spot his facial features in the dark plus he was still wearing a cap. But, Eunhye found his back view familiar. Furthermore, she had caught a look of his clothes when he ran off. Eunhye frowned, he was definitely someone from their school.

L stopped when he realised that Eunhye was not catching up with him. He walked back to where Eunhye was. He found her looking intensely across the street. “What are you looking at?” He tried to screen through the surroundings but found nothing.

“Ani. Let’s go home. It’s getting late.” Eunhye smiled and pulled L’s arm to make him follow along. Before they walked far, L turned his head to look once again in case he had missed anything out. But he saw nothing.

Far behind them, they did not know the suspicious man was hiding behind a tree trunk after he ran away from them. He was observing them again. As Eunhye and L walked far, he let out a smirk through his half covered face.


 

The next morning, Eunhye woke up from her sleep with a smile on her face. She recalled the moments she and L had the night before. She stretched lazily and climbed out of her bed to prepare for the day.

As she walked into school, she still could not hide the smile on her face. Jiyoon spotted Eunhye smiling to herself from afar, she ran forward and shouted at her name. “Choi Eunhye!”

Eunhye perked up and turned to look at Jiyoon. “Eunhye ah. Why do you look so happy? Did something happened between you and L?” Eunhye nodded her head and told Jiyoon what she had missed out, including the day where she felt uncomfortable when she say Hyorin and L hugged.

Jiyoon supported her chin with her hands on the table when they reached their classroom. She turned and smiled cheekily to Eunhye. “Mwoya? What’s with that smile? Yang Jiyoon.” Eunhye pinched Jiyoon’s cheeks playfully making her push Eunhye’s hands back.

“You still don’t know what that is? That’s called love! PABO! You… Hmphhhh…” Eunhye covered Jiyoon’s mouth immediately when she heard the word love. “Yah! Yang Jiyoon! Don’t talk nonsense here, people will hear us.” She whispered shouted while letting go her hand from Jiyoon’s mouth.

Jiyoon frowned, “Both of you are single! Why are you afraid of people hearing us?” Eunhye sighed, remembering what L has said.

You can do and say whatever you like in this house. But if I hear anything about us outside, especially in school, you are dead. I don’t want to be involved with you in any way. Get it?

Even though their relationship had changed for the better, a promise was a promise. She should not break it no matter what. “Ani. We are just… Friends… Maybe just two people living under the same roof.” She smiled bitterly.

Jiyoon knew what Eunhye was referring to. She pulled Eunhye to her for a hug. “Eunhye ah. There is no right or wrong in relationships you know? It is obvious that you like him! The ache in your heart is the evidence. You felt uncomfortable when you saw them hugging right?”

Eunhye laid her books on her desk, trying to change a topic. Jiyoon shook her head, “Arraseo, you can ignore me. You can lie to me but you can’t lie to yourself. You know your own heart the best.”

“I will think about it. Gomawo, the love expert. Keke. And remember not to mention it to the oppas okay?” She grinned at Jiyoon and Jiyoon returned her question with an ‘okay’ sign.


 

That evening after Hyorin’s dance practice, she called L. It had been a long time since the both of them had met.

L answered the call in a few rings. “Myungsoo ah. You want to meet later for a movie? I heard that there is a great release recently.” Myungsoo was delighted. It was the first time Hyorin had taken the initiative to arrange a date, but he had a more important task. “Noona, mianhaeyo. I need to pick Eunhye up in the evening.”

Hyorin clenched her fist when she heard Eunhye’s name. It’s Choi Eunhye again! She calmed herself before asking, “Why do you need to fetch her?” “Ah, granny tasked me to pick her up after her work because the way home was too quiet, it will be dangerous if she walks home herself.”

“Arraseo. I need to hang up already. Byebye.” Hyorin hung up and threw her phone to the sofa beside her. She did not expect L to reject her for another person.

But for L, this had become a pleasant habit rather than a task already. He did not felt any hassle that he has to do this almost every other day. In fact, he felt desolate when Eunhye told him that Junhyung would be walking her back since he was on duty too.


 

Hyorin went out to the porch area just outside her practice room. She was kicking the small stones around the bench. She realised someone was peeping at the corner.

“Who the hell is that?” She told the person off. That person walked out, he was the same person that had stalked Eunhye and L the other time! He wore the same school uniform and baseball cap, rubbing the back of his neck. He was a year 3 student from the high school counterpart, the same age as Sungkyu, Dongwoo and the majority of the BEAST members.

“Who are you? Why are you hiding there?” Hyorin chided again. “Sorry, Hyorin-sunbaenim. I’m a great fan of you! You look angry, did that damn guy made you angry?” He balled his palms into a fist while saying.

"You mean L?" Hyorin was surprised that this person here knew about her relationship with L. She turned and told him to shut up. Even though the person was shocked at Hyorin’s attitude, he liked her so much that he did not mind.

“Sunbae, my name is Kang Minjun. I really like you! I will be at your service anytime you like. If L had angered you, I can help you teach him a lesson!” The person said in an agitated tone.

Hyorin’s ears perked up when she heard that. Thinking that the “lesson” he meant was giving him a good bash up. If he really did that, L would be injured and it would be a good opportunity for her to take care of him.

“Are you sure you will do it well? It’s not my fault if you get into trouble. I did not force you to do it.” Hyorin blinked her eyes quickly.

“Of course! It is my pleasure to serve you. If anything happens, it’s my problem.” He assured Hyorin. Hyorin nodded hesitantly and agreed to him.

As Kang Minjun walked away, he smirked with a tinge of hatred in his eyes.


 

Kang Minjun entered the art studio swiftly. As a student from the Arts Department, he has the authority to enter the studios anytime he wanted to.

He took out a black case from a cupboard. Inside were nicely laid out penknife blades and crafting blades that were used for cutting and carving purposes. He browsed and past the handles of the blades.

He smiled as he browsed through them, then finally picking out the longest and sharpest crafting tool he had. Since he was from the Arts Department, no one would suspect him if he had such a thing with him.

He looked at the blade under the light in the studio, smirking evilly with a plan running through his mind.


 

L was sitting at the bench in the park of the school compound. He was waiting for the rest of the INFINITE members to join while Sungyeol and Sungjong were having a meeting with their team members for an upcoming match.

He was fiddling with his phone after receiving Eunhye’s text reply.

They had finally exchanged phone numbers.

From: Eunhye

-- Junhyung-oppa will be working today, so I will go home with him tonight.:)

To: Eunhye

-- Arraseo.

-- Seeya at home.

 

He was feeling down when he realised that he had missed the chance to be with Eunhye.

He stretched his arms across the bench to enjoy the light breeze while waiting for his friends, closing his eyes.

Meanwhile, Eunhye was already walking towards his direction.

She heard from Sungyeol while she walked past their classroom that he was here waiting. She wanted to say hello to him at least before she left for work, since they will not see each until late in the night. And she was a little apologetic to reject L.

While walking along the rocky pavement, Eunhye noticed a suspicious looking person standing across the field, hiding behind a tree and behaving sneakily. She actually found this person looking familiar, it seemed like she had seen him somewhere recently.

She was observing the person from where she was while walking carefully, and she realised that the person was actually looking at L’s direction.

Most importantly, he was holding something in his hands. She narrowed her eyes and saw that it was a penknife-looking object as she walked closer. Apparently the person was too deep into his thoughts that he had not realised Eunhye’s existence.

She knew something was not right.

At least that penknife-looking object was not.

The next moment, before Eunhye could think further, the person had started charging towards L, lifting up his crafting tool. L was ignorant about it since his eyes were closed.

Eunhye wanted to scream at L, but if she screamed she would alert the person. She wanted to catch the guy red-handed while keeping L safe as well. She started speeding up and ran towards L with all her might, with the thought that L might be injured.

The person still did not realise it since he was mad and racing fiercely towards his “enemy”.

Just at the moment, L dart-opened his eyes. He finally realised something was amiss when he heard a commotion around him. However, he could not react on the spot since the crazy person was only a few metres away from him.

“I will not allow anyone to hurt Hyori-sunbae!” The person shouted.

The person reached towards L with his crafting tool, but Eunhye was a second faster.

She stretched her arms and stood in front of L just in time. Before L could pull Eunhye to dodge it, the person had already stabbed through Eunhye’s shoulders.

 

 

"Ahh..." 

Eunhye let out a soft scream before falling backwards onto L.

 

 

L looked at Eunhye in horror.

Red, warm blood started oozing out from her wound, staining through her white blouse.

 

 

 

 

OMG. Something bad had happened to Eunhye.

This time round, Eunhye had saved L instead!

Anyways, new chapter up!

How many of my readers are shipping the both of them already??^^

Please subscribe and comment to my story!

And don't forget to introduce them to your friends too.

Please look forward to the next chapter too~~

Thank you! :D:D