7: You're Only At A Place Higher Than Me; Good Feeling

Thank you, my love

Because of the new place she was living in now, Eunhye had to wake up earlier to try the new route she had mapped out last night. So that she would not risk for being late to school.

In fact, she was glad that she had to leave early.

She did not want to face L early the morning after what he had done last night.


 

As planned, Eunhye had made it on time for school. She strolled up to her class and Jiyoon jumped on her. Giving her a surprise back hug.

“Yah! Who’s that?” Eunhye jumped and tried to release herself from the sudden attack. “It’s me! PABO. Keke.” Jiyoon chuckled when her plan to succeeded.

Eunhye smacked her best friend’s arm lightly and hooked her arm to Jiyoon’s.

“I heard from Junhyung-oppa that you moved over to their house yesterday. So how’s everything? Is it okay?” Jiyoon tugged the strap of her bag pack. “Everything is fine. I have my own room and it’s pretty big. Anyways, I don’t want to talk about it anymore. Let’s go to class already, the bell is going to ring soon.” Eunhye pulled Jiyoon into the class, recalling what L had told her yesterday.


 

The bell signalling the end of the first class rang. Junhyung was already pacing back and forth outside Eunhye’s class. She turned her head when she heard someone whisper-shouting her name.

“Oppa? What are you doing here? Isn’t your next class starting in 5 minutes’ time?”  She was shocked to see Junhyung. Junhyung placed his hands on her shoulders and started to turn her back and fro to take a good look at her.

Eunhye was ridiculed by his actions, she stopped Junhyung with her hands. “Oppa! Wae??” Junhyung looked up to her eyes, “They didn’t do anything to you right? Especially that guy.” Eunhye chortled, she did not expect Junhyung to be that worried. She once again assured Junhyung that nothing had happened and nothing would happen.

Before Junhyung could ask a second question, Eunhye rushed him back to class because the bell for the next class would ring anytime.

After sending Junhyung off, she treaded back to her classroom. Even though L had been nasty to her last night, she had chosen not to mention it to anyone. The consequences would be terrible if the rash BEAST members were to know it, especially Junhyung.


 

Looking down and kicking the ground with his shoes, L was waiting for Hyorin outside the dance studio. He knew her class would end at this timing.

As expected, Hyorin stepped out after the class ended. L gasped when he saw Hyorin. She was still so pretty despite being a little bit sweaty after her practice. Her hair tied up high in a messy bun, with a towel around her neck.

“Noona.”  He called out.

Hyorin was startled when she saw L standing outside her studio. “A... Annyeong Myungsoo. Why are you here?” She brushed her hair slightly to fix her appearance. L touched the back of his neck not knowing how to start, “Noona, I have something to tell you.”

Hyorin was a bit taken aback to see L being so serious, plus he would not usually take the initiative to speak. “You don’t have any class now? Are you having a break now?” L nodded. “Then if that’s the case, why not you give me a minute while I change out of my practice clothes?” L nodded again to show his agreement.

Hyorin returned in a blink of eye. “So what is it that you want to tell me?” L’s heart skipped a beat, he took in deep breath. “Hmm… I just want to let you know… Choi Eunhye is living in my house now. It was granny’s idea.”

“Oh… Really?” L’s eyes opened wide. That was the only response she gave. L was surprised at Hyorin’s response. In fact, he was hurt that her response was so cold.

“That’s great! You have another friend now. She is that pretty girl which we had bumped into a few weeks ago right?” Hyorin gave a nonchalant answer. L could only nod calmly upon hearing her answer.

 

She hid her hands behind her back, clenching her fists tightly. Deep down in her heart, she felt angry and worried. Her main source of popularity was at a risk of dissipating. She was afraid that Eunhye would snatch her limelight, or worse still, L falling in love with Eunhye.


 

For the whole week, Eunhye avoided the canteen or places where there would be crowds. She did not want to risk herself to meet L or the INFINITE members. She also did not want to meet the BEAST members because she was not in the best mood to explain or listen to their naggings, especially from the paranoid Junhyung.


 

Weekends finally came. However, Eunhye was not feeling any excitement to enjoy it. Because that Saturday was her parents’ death anniversary. She woke up with a heavy heart. She had already mentioned to Mrs Kim and Auntie Jung the other day that she would be visiting them at the cemetry.

Junhyung had texted her the previous day if she would need his accompany. She declined him gently as she would want to be alone.

As she was packing the stuff which Auntie Jung had prepared for the prayers at the dining area, Mrs Kim walked in to see if she would need any help. “It’s okay. Auntie Jung had prepared everything for me already.” Eunhye replied while putting the last item into her basket.

When she was about to leave, Mrs Kim stopped her and called out to L. “Myungsoo ah! Myungsoo!”  Eunhye wondered why she would called for him. L extended his head at the corner of the wall beside the stairs from the second storey after he heard Mrs Kim’s call. “Ne? Granny?” Mrs Kim walked closer to the end of the stairs from the first storey. “Myungsoo ah, change your clothes now. Accompany Eunhye.”

“WHAT!?” Both of you echoed at the same time.

“Why? Have I not made myself clear?” Mrs Kim crossed her eyebrows. L moved out from the corner. “Granny. But I have my own errands to run! I’m not free!” Sensing the awkward situation, Eunhye stepped out. “Errr. I can handle on my own. I don’t need L to come along.”

“No. How can you handle all these bags on your own? And it is too dangerous for you to go alone.” Mrs Kim replied and turned back to face L. “Kim Myungsoo?” L let out a huge sigh, he knew there was no way to reject granny.

He turned around and dragged his feet back to his room.


 

Mrs Kim bid both of them goodbye at the door. Before leaving, she did not forget to give L the bags to carry. “Be careful!” Mrs Kim waved at them as she saw them out of the gate.

Auntie Jung walked over to Mrs Kim, bidding them goodbye with her eyes too. “Aren’t the both of them cute? They will make a good couple right? Keke.” Auntie Jung covered and giggled a bit. Mrs Kim nodded and smiled, thoughts running through her mind.

As soon as they were out of the house, Eunhye tried to get the bags back from L. But L moved his hands away as soon as Eunhye moved hers closer to him. “I will just hold them. It’s so troublesome to pass it here and there.” He clucked his tongue and walked ahead of Eunhye.

The bus arrived shortly. Eunhye moved to the seat beside the window. L looked around and there were no other empty seats on the bus. He trotted and flopped on the seat beside Eunhye.

Her heart raced when she realised that L was so close to her. L gently placed the bags on the floor and wore his black earphones over his ears. Eunhye too.

There was only silence throughout the whole bus journey.


 

The both of them finally reached the graves of Eunhye’s parents. L placed the bags down, “I will be back in an hour or so. Stay here if you are done.” Eunhye nodded. He bowed politely towards the graves before leaving.

Eunhye started clearing the grasses that grew around the graves. They grew pretty high since she seldom visited.

“Appa… Omma… Eunhye is here. Are you guys well up there? I’m fine here. So you do not have to worry about me. I missed the both of you a lot.” She smiled bitterly and tears welled up, placing the offerings and flowers on the tombs. She took a cloth and started wiping her parents’ photos. Tears slid down her delicate face as she looked at the pictures and she wiped them with the sleeve of her blouse.

“Ah, by the way. That guy who came with me… He is L. I guessed both of you already knew that I have moved into his house right. The granny and principal thought it was best for me too. And since it benefitted the company, I don’t mind. I’m really good.”

Eunhye sat herself on the mat she had laid out. She took out her ipod, scrolled it through and clicked the play button. It was their favourite song.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN9JUL30ZDA

Song: VIXX N - You're Only At A Place Slightly Higher Than Me (Original Singer: Shin Seung Hoon)

**A/N: You might want to play the video to understand the lyrics better.^^

 

너편히잠들면돼
You can just rest in peace


그리고 기억하면
And remember everything about me


사랑했던 내모습
Whom loved you


다음 세상에 우연히 만나도
When we meet each other accidentally in the next world


그냥 스쳐지나가는 일이 없도록
Just don't let it pass by

 

분명 세상엔 없는데
You are certainly not in this world anymore

그래도 이젠 울지 않아
But I won't cry


나보다 조금 높은곳에 니가 있을
You're only in a higher place than I am now


이상은 슬프지 않아
I'm not sad anymore


습관처럼 하늘만
I will look into the sky like a habit


너와 함께 있는걸
You and I will always be together

 

Eunhye started sobbing when the lyrics of the song triggered her vague memories of the happy lives of her parents and her.

After strolling around a few times, L decided that there was nowhere he could go. He walked back and sat on the bench that was not far away from where Eunhye was.  He could see and hear everything clearly from where he was seated.

L was flustered when he saw Eunhye crying. He stood up from the bench and sat down back. He did not know if he should go over and console her or to let her continue crying. After hesitating for a while, he ruffled his hair and walked over.

Eunhye was already crying uncontrollably when L reached. He patted Eunhye on her shoulders, hoping that it would give her some kind of consolation. He felt frustrated. He wanted to say something, but he did not know what he could say to console her.

 

Words weren’t his forte after all.

He could totally understand what she was feeling.

The sense of feeling lost and lonely.

L’s mother abandoned him when he was young since his father was always busy. His father had a hard time coping with his newly set up business and taking care of the young L. After enduring till he saw a slight success in his business, he fell critically ill and passed away when L was only 12. That was the reason why L had to move in to live with his grandmother.

As Eunhye’s sobbing subsided, L handed her a piece of tissue, “Are you feeling better already?” Her big and wet eyes looked up at him when she heard the gentle voice, making L’s heart raced a bit. She nodded. L took the signal and started packing up quietly, leaving Eunhye to rest at the side.

“Are you ready to go? Or you would like to stay a bit longer?” Eunhye shook her head and sniffed cutely, “Ani, let’s go. I’m fine.”

L took all the bags once again. As they walked along the road, L teased Eunhye to lighten the mood.

“Yah, I promised I won’t tell anyone what happened today. Especially how long you have cried.” Eunhye pouted at L’s words. “I don’t care. You can tell anyone you like.”

He grinned and took another look at her cute expression before he sped up, walking ahead of Eunhye. “Yah! Wait for me.” Eunhye shouted before catching up with him.


 

Dinner was soon over. Eunhye was glad that it was not that awkward after a few days. Although L resumed back to his unfriendly mode with his poker face, it was not too bad because as long as he kept his mouth shut, it would not be awkward.

After dinner, Eunhye decided to practise her violin in the garden. The sky was so clear and breezy, it would be a waste to stay indoors.

As she reached the chorus of the song, a voice stopped her. “Yah. You are noisy. The song sound so sad, change one if you want to continue.” Eunhye did not need to turn to know who had spoken. She let out a sigh and sat on the steps that led to the garden.

L moved forward and sat beside her. Eunhye’s eyes opened wide when she realised he actually sat beside her. She turned to face him while he looked up to the sky. “You know, you should not feel sad anymore. There are far more misfortunate people in this world. You have a shelter over your head, enough food and doing what you like. You should feel contented.”

Eunhye looked up to the sky as well. “Who says I’m not contented. I am.”

Both of them looked up to the sky for a couple of minutes.

Eunhye broke the silence, “Don’t you think the stars are very pretty? It’s such a pity that we can only see them shine brightly and clearly only in the dark. I don’t like the dark.”

“Why?” L turned to look at Eunhye.

“Busybody.” Eunhye stuck out her tongue and turned to face him as well. It was then they realised that their faces were actually so near to each other. Both of them jolted and turned back to hide their embarrassment.

“Sure. Don’t tell me then. I will tell granny you cried today. You lied when you say everything was fine.” L threatened. Eunhye shot him a glare and let out a sigh. “Arraseo, I will tell you.”

“When I was five, my parents’ car skidded in the night while we were on our way back from a holiday. My parents and I were trapped in the car. But my parents realised that I was small enough to climb out from the backseat window. They threw my favourite toy out from the broken glasses so I would be tricked to pick it up.” Eunhye laid her violin on the wooden flooring.

“And then?” L probed further. “And then, I climbed out. The car caught fire and exploded. I was a step faster. If not I would not be sitting here right now. My parents saved me. The last memory I had was I let out a scream and fainted. When someone woke me up, my surroundings were so dark and I was sent to the hospital. Since then, I hated dark places. Childhood trauma I guessed.”

“Sorry… I’m sorry for asking.”  L did not expect Eunhye’s childhood to be as bad as well. He empathised with her. But he was surprised that Eunhye was so honest in telling him everything.

“It’s okay! They were the past. So now, tell me something about yourself in exchange. I have told you so much about myself already.” Eunhye crossed her arms and anticipated excitedly.

“No. Why should I?” L retorted. Eunhye smacked his arms playfully, “Yah! Is that a trick to make me talk?” L grinned at her in response.

Eunhye stood up and patted the dirt from her shorts. She picked up her violin and turned to L, “Humph, you are so petty.” L smirked as he look at her walking away.

Eunhye lifted her finger to punch in the passcode of the door. Recalling what had happened just now, she smiled to herself. It was the first time the both of them spoke in such an even-tempered manner. His consolation actually worked.

She felt a tinge of warmth crawling to her heart and her heart skipped a beat. It was a strange feeling.

L, who was still sitting on the steps felt the same. He did not felt uncomfortable getting along with Eunhye, especially when they have spent almost a day together.

He lifted his hand and held his chest area.

 

 

He did not know what that tingling feeling in his heart was.

 

 

 

 

New chapter up!

Thank you all for waiting~~

And also thank you to my first commentor and first upvote!! <3<3<3

Anyways, that song which was embedded in the story is one of my favourite songs and I personally like the lyrics a lot.

I have embedded VIXX N's version instead of the original singer because I liked N's rendition of the song better.

Hope you guys like it too. ^^

 

And not to forget! Eunhye & L finally had some love sparks between them!

Please look forward to the next chapter once again!

Remember to subscribe and tell your friends about it if you like my story!

Kamsahamnida~~ :D