8: Damsel In Distress; Heartthrob

Thank you, my love

Eunhye did not forget her promise to avoid L in school even though their relationship had changed for the better. However, as much as she would like to fulfil her promise to L, it was not easy.

If the INFINITE members saw her along the corridors, they would call out to her loudly and wave madly at her. They would not stop until she responded to their greetings.

This time round, she had to pass by Woohyun and Hoya’s classroom in order to get to the other side of the building. “Eunhye ah! Annyeong!!”  She turned and saw Woohyun grinning widely at her. She smiled awkwardly before hurrying her steps.

Woohyun scratched his head in confusion, nudging Hoya. “Hoya, did you see that? She ignored me.” Hoya turned back to him and gestured him to sit down, “Maybe she did not see you or she is just tired. Let it be.”

This confused Woohyun even more because he was definite that Eunhye had seen him.

Eunhye smacked her own head out of frustration when she reached the stairs, “Aish, how I can pretend to ignore these oppas when I see them so frequently at home?” It was a torture to her since the INFINITE members treated her really well when they visited L at his house.

Jiyoon noticed her best friend’s vexed expressions once Eunhye stepped in the class. She laid her head down on the table while complaining to Jiyoon. Jiyoon laughed heartily at Eunhye’s unnecessary troubles. “Eunhye ah, why are you listening to L so well? HAHAHA.”

Eunhye looked up and gave her a glare. Getting the hint, Jiyoon stopped laughing and composed herself, “Arraseo, arraseo. I’m just kidding. You don’t have to be so bothered about it. He only told you not to tell anyone about it, but he did not say anything about the INFINITE members right? If they wanted to say anything, it is beyond your control too.”

Eunhye nodded. “Then you can just continue to live your life! If he insist, maybe you can just ignore L. Nothing will happen if you don’t see him and he don’t see you right? Cheer up, girl!” She patted Eunhye’s shoulders as she saw the teacher walking in.


 

She felt much better after talking to Jiyoon. It was a good day since she was not scheduled to work. She adjusted the straps of her bag thinking about what she could do at this lovely afternoon.

Her thoughts snapped when three guys started approaching her. “Hi, pretty lady. Are you going home?” His other friend took a good look of her, measuring her from top to toe, “Ah, I think I know who she is. Choi Eunhye right?” Eunhye glared at them and tried to move past them.

One of the taller guys, presumed to be the leader of the trio stopped her with his arm placed on the wall. “Where are you going? Do you need me to accompany you?” “No, get lost. Let me go!” Eunhye snapped.

The three guys cheered upon Eunhye’s reply. “Oooo… Feisty. I like. My cup of tea.” The leader lifted up his free hand and trapped Eunhye between him and the wall, admiring Eunhye’s beauty. He smirked and started brushing Eunhye’s fringe. She groaned upon his filthy touch, turning her head away. Catching her chin, the leader turned her head back and caressed her cheeks. “Let me go!” She tried to push him away with her both hands, but he was way too strong for her.

Taking the opportunity, the leader started leaning in towards Eunhye. Tilting his head till his lips were a few inches away from Eunhye’s, but she could not move at all. She closed her eyes in disgust, planning what she could do if those lips were to touch hers.

BAAAAAM!

She opened her eyes in shock to see the leader had already fallen to the floor. She turned to the left and to her surprise, she saw L. Tears welled up in her eyes, her savior had finally come.

L grabbed Eunhye’s wrist and pulled her behind his back. “How dare you take advantage of a girl in the school? Don’t the three of you find it embarrassing to bully one girl?”

“Shut your mouth! L Kim. Don’t you know what respect is? We are your sunbaenims in school!” He rebutted and beckoned the other two to help him up.

“Ahh… So you do know who I am. Then do you know how I am related to the school's Board of Directors and how she is related to me?” Eunhye looked at L in astonishment. “Anyway, Sunbaenims? Are you fit to be my sunbaenim?” L smirked and turned away.

The leader took his chance and flung a punch towards L. With his fast reaction and agility, L dodged it. Not forgetting to pull Eunhye behind his back when he moved. “Stay further away.” He patted Eunhye’s head before approaching the three of them while cracking his knuckles.

He launched another attack towards the leader’s cheeks, hitting on bull’s eyes. The leader fell to the floor. The two followers quickly revenged, one to his eyes and the other to his mouth. Even though L had managed to escape a few attacks, his injuries were starting to surface on his face. He was no match to three guys, and his energy was depleting.

The leader supported himself up by the wall. Eunhye knew she had to do something to stop before L’s injuries worsened. Seeing the fight getting heated up again, Eunhye stepped forward. She opened her arms and stood in front of L. “What are you doing?” L climbed up to his feet. “Let me handle it.” She threw him a smile.

“Wae? L Kim? You are going to depend on a girl now since you can’t win against us?” The leader mocked. “SHUT UP!” Eunhye halted. But that leader could not stop his filthy mouth.

“Ooo… I guess it was the same when you are with Park Hyorin right? Crying under women’s skirts is your forte, I guess. HAHAHA.” The three of them laughed out loud upon their leader’s insult.

L clenched his fists tightly, knuckles turning white. He hated it when people insulted the people around him, especially Hyorin. He walked up to them and Eunhye pulled him back with all her might. Eunhye lifted up her phone, “Scram! If you don’t go now, I will call the discipline master. You should know who he would believe.” She started dialing a number and lifted it up to her ear.

“TCH! You will get it from me the next time. Watch it!” The leader snorted and gestured the other two to follow him. As Eunhye saw the three of them walked far, she dropped her phone and her knees went weak.

L caught her on her waist before her legs gave way to her. “I knew you were putting up a front. Are you okay?” Eunhye nodded weakly. “I think you are the one who needs help” She gently touched the cut beside L’s eye, making him winced a bit at the pain.


 

Both of them supported each other to the school’s infirmary. Since the janitor was not around, she led L to the bed and took the first aid kit from the cabinet.

“All the guys are the same. Is ego more important than your own safety?” She chided as she took out the disinfectant and bandages. “If you can’t take it anymore, admit it. No one will laugh at you.” She started applying and treated his injuries.

She felt guilty, since it was her fault that he was sitting here like this.

“Are you talking about yourself? Why did you put up a brave front when you were scared to death just now? What if that guy hit you?” L caught Eunhye’s wrist while she was applying the medication. She pulled her hand back and looked down. “I… I’m sorry…  And thank you for everything.”

L facepalmed himself for making Eunhye feel bad, he let go of Eunhye's wrist and changed a topic. “So… I guess Junhyung-hyung was like this too when he protects you right? Actually, what is the relationship between both of you? Friends? Siblings? Or perhaps, couple?” He pretended to be shocked.

Feeling ridiculed by L’s words, Eunhye slightly poked his injury with the cotton ball that was near his mouth, making him flinched in pain.

“Owwww! Yah! Be gentle!” He glared. Eunhye stuck a plaster over his wound before proceeding to the next wound. “If you don’t keep quiet, I can’t promise what you will feel for the other areas.” Eunhye giggled a bit when she saw L caressing his bandaged wound. Hearing her cute giggle, L could not help but blushed a bit.


 

L and Eunhye packed up the area a bit after finishing, throwing away the used bandages and placing the bottles back into the cabinet.

“Oh no!” She exclaimed as she remembered her abandoned phone. She was stunned to see ten missed calls and a text from Jiyoon. She quickly opened the text.

From: Jiyoon

-- Eunhye ah. Where are you? Why are you not picking up your phone? I have already left the school because Yoseob-oppa and I had to meet our parents for some family thingy. I have also told Junhyung-oppa not to wait for you. I lied that you had to stay back for something. Please give me a text when you are done, okay?

 

L extended his head to see what Eunhye was doing while sitting on the bed. Seeing him moving nearer, she hugged her phone to her chest and told him to move away.

To: Jiyoon

-- MIANHAE JIYOON! I was caught up with something. Thank you for telling Junhyung-oppa not to wait for me too. I will tell you more tonight. Gomawo~ <3

 

As she locked and threw her phone into her bag, she was surprised to see L still sitting on the bed. She blinked a few times, “Aren’t you… Leaving?” L jumped up from the bed and smiled sweetly. “You are going home right? Do you want to go home together?”

“What?!” Eunhye gasped. Seeing her massive response, he picked his bag up calmly. “Don’t misunderstand. It looks like it is going to rain soon. I don’t have any umbrella. And I strongly believe you have one.”

His words made Eunhye speechless. Even though she did not expect anything, L’s blunt words had made her not know what to reply.


 

As they stepped out of the school, the soft breeze greeted them. The dark clouds were hovering above the sky, but it was comfortable to walk under such weather.

Both of them strolled along the pavement.

Eunhye looked up to L’s face. Even though this guy here was spiteful with his words, he was really pretty. His long lashes and high nose bridge complemented his face.

She looked down to her shoes and probed, “What do you mean when you told the three sunbaenims that they did not know about your relationship with the school’s Board of Directors?”

L lifted both of his arms to the back of his head, supporting his neck while he spoke. “Don’t you know that granny is part of the Board of Directors? And do you think the school will not know about you and me?” He chuckled at her innocent question.

Eunhye opened her eyes widely, she did not know Mrs Kim was so influential in the school as well. No wonder she managed to find her once she enrolled into Infinity School.

“Can I ask you another question?” She continued. L nodded.

“Do you hate me?” Eunhye blurted out, but eyes looking down at her shoes once again.

L turned to look at her in amazement. “What a blunt question. What if I say yes?”

“If you hate me then I will stay away from you.” Eunhye sighed slightly, walking away from him.

L pulled the strap of her bag and made her walk closer to him, “If I hate you, I will not be walking together with you already, Pabo.” Eunhye smiled when she heard what L had said.

“Yah. Remember what I told you before? Don’t fall in love with me.” L finished his sentence and started jogging ahead of her.

Eunhye snapped out of her thoughts when his words processed in her brain. “I won’t! You are so annoying! Kim Myungsoo!” She laughed and chased after him.


 

It did not rain even when they have reached their neighborhood.

They talked a lot while walking back home; occasionally talking about the things they saw on the streets. They realized they really did not hate each other after all.

She told L about how she picked up the violin and piano.

“You really like music a lot. People whom like music are not bad people. Actually, I like to sing too. We formed INFINITE because besides sports, we love to sing and dance when we are free.” L admitted.

Eunhye’s eyes shot open when she heard. “You guys sing? Oh my god. I would like to listen to all of you one day. I will help out with the accompaniment.” She showed her pinky finger, indicating the promise that she had made. To her surprise, L linked his pinky finger with her too. “That’s a promise.” Eunhye nodded and smiled.


 

As they were reaching the gate, they saw a familiar figure wandering about.

 

It was Hyorin.

 

Eunhye’s heart sank when she saw her.

When Hyorin saw L and Eunhye walking back together, she went forward and waved sweetly. “Both of you came back together?”

Excited to see his Hyorin-noona, L hopped forward and gave Hyorin a big hug without replying. Hyorin responded to the boy by hugging back.

 

At that second, Eunhye felt a tug in her heart.

 

 

Now, what was that annoying feeling?

 

 

 

 

New chapter!

Now Eunhye and L are having more moments together!

KYAA~ Look forward to how their relationship change along the way when they get to know each other better~

Please continue to look forward and subscribe! :D

Remember to tell your friends if you like my story.

Thanks!!^^