18: If Time Could Turn Back

Thank you, my love

Eunhye paced to and fro along their usual spot. She would not take a rest no matter how Jiyoon and the guys talked her into.

She was worried how the both of them had discussed.


 

“Myungsoo ah! Please don’t leave!” Hyorin called out as she ran after L who had already walked a distance away. “We can always start afresh. And we can be like how we used to be, always hanging out together. I can’t lose you, you are my everything and the only thing I have!”

Feeling frustrated, L turned back and held onto Hyorin’s shoulders tightly. He slightly shook her as he spoke, hoping that this could knock some senses out of her. “Hyorin-noona! You still do not understand. I used to be there for you for so many years, but you did not appreciate me at all. Despite all these, I chose to stay by your side because I know how lonely it was to be when you are all left alone.”

Tears rolled down Hyorin’s cheeks as she recalled the past.

L was right. He was always there when she needed him.

L continued as Hyorin wiped her tears. “It takes only one incident to make me realise who really cared about me. This is not the right way to make someone stay by your side, noona.”

Hyorin looked at L with resentment. “You are wrong, L Kim. I WILL PROVE THAT YOU ARE WRONG!!”

“Calm down noona! If you don’t wake up now, you will lose everyone around you. No one will stay by your side.” L gave a firm pat on her shoulders before brisk-walking away.

Hearing his words, Hyorin fell to her knees and wept uncontrollably.

L’s heart ached when he heard Hyorin’s wailing.

But he knew, his decision was right.


 

Ever since Eunhye and L started dating, they did not even try to pretend or hide their feelings. Their cheesy words and lovey-dovey actions always made the clique felt like puking, but feeling happy for them at the same time because they knew they had went through a lot to be together.

And it seemed like Hyorin had understood L’s words, she did not bother him anymore nor see her in school frequently.

 

Being a sunbae at year 2 now, they have attracted the envious looks of the year 1 hoobaes. They have been named as the Couple of the School, the couple with ulzzang looks and good results.

 

“Ahhh. Seriously, stop it. L Kim, Eunhye has her own hands, she can eat it herself. You don’t have to feed her.” Sungyeol face-palmed himself as he encountered another cheesy moment the couple had.

Sungjong cringed and shook from the chill the couple gave him before pulling Sungyeol away. “Hyung. Don’t look at them if you find it disgusting. Let’s leave them alone.”

L turned to look at Eunhye once again, with the spoon fully scooped with the ice-cream signalling her to open . “They must be jealous. Keke. The ice-cream is nice right?” Eunhye nodded her head, showing her blessed expressions.

 

However, the people whom were really elated over the fact that Eunhye and L were the adults at home. It seemed like Mrs Kim and Auntie Jung had already long predicted that both of them would be together.


 

“Eunhye ah!”

Auntie Jung called out to Eunhye as soon as she saw her walking down the stairs. It was a Sunday noon and L was out for his personal workout session.

“Eunhye ah. Can you please help me bring these clean clothes back to L’s room? Please help to hang it up in his wardrobe too. I’m quite caught up with the washing here. Thanks, dear.” Auntie Jung shoved a handful of freshly ironed clothes to her.

“But, Auntie Jung. It’s not very polite of me to enter his room without permission. Maybe I can help you with the washing, you can come back here once you are done.” Eunhye declined politely.

“What are you talking about? You are his girlfriend now, you have every right to go in. Plus we are all living under one roof, we are family right? You are just keeping the clothes for him. If he dares to make any noise, I will settle it.” Auntie Jung assured her with a neck chop, followed by a ‘OK’ sign.


 

Eunhye walked up the stairs, her heart filled with curiosity and excitement.

She turned the doorknob and entered his room. Although this was not the first time she was here, she could not help but still found it amazing that his room was sp clean and tidy.

Eunhye held the clothes and walked to his wardrobe, opening it carefully since this is the first time she had opened his wardrobe.

His clothes were all neatly ironed and hanged up. The style of clothes were arranged neatly, from t-shirts to shirts and to his uniforms. The clothes were hanged up according to the colours too.

Feeling fascinated at L’s neat wardrobe, Eunhye did not realise that there was a box kept high up at the top shelf, and it was hovering above her, already at its verge of slipping down.


 

“BAAM!”

The box finally fell on her head as she hung the last shirt into the wardrobe.

Eunhye winced in pain and hugged her head. She started rubbing at the area which the box had hit to ease the pain.

She cursed silently under her breath at the box, but to see that some of the contents had already fell out and scattered on the floor.

"Aishhh..." Seeing the mess, she gasped and quickly picked them up before L would come back home. As she kept them back into the box, she realised that some of them are actually pictures. Unable to hide her curiosity, she flipped them over which she had wished that she did not do so if time could turn back.

 

It was some old photos of Hyorin and L.

 

Able to recognise the young L in the picture, she assumed that the girl beside him was actually Hyorin. There were also pictures of them when they were in school and some photos that were taken recently, most probably about half a year ago.

She picked up the box and put the photos in, but she saw a stack of letters and a couple of birthday cards which Hyorin had gave it to L.

Eunhye knew it was all in the past and tried to fight her tears back.

Without realising, a drop of tear rolled down her cheeks.

She turned and picked up the cover of the box. It seemed like it has actually been a long time since he had touched the box. She gently wiped of the thin layer of dust before covering the box back.

Just as she was about to stand up, she saw a writing at the bottom right of the box.

 

Hyorin + Myungsoo~~

 

It was then she realised it how much was Hyorin meant to L.

Tears would not stop but continuously rolled down her cheeks at such a fast speed that she could not bother to wipe it off.


 

L trotted up to his room after Auntie Jung had told him that Eunhye was helping out in keeping the clean laundry back. He smiled to himself while walking up, thinking about all the ideas he had to for being a future virtuous wife.

“Eunhye!” L called out for her as he opened the door.

Before he could continue, he saw Eunhye holding onto a brown box.

A familiar-looking brown box that he once treasured. Without giving her a chance to explain, he snatched the box back from her hands. “Where did you find the box? Did you open it? Have you seen the contents?”

Taken aback, Eunhye wiped her tears from her face before L could spot it. “Sorry, I found it at the top shelf while I was hanging your clothes. And it… …” L’s eyes shot open when he confirmed that the box was that box. ”Why did you bring down the box when it was kept up there?”

Eunhye wanted to explain herself, but she decided to not do it since she was cut off and obviously he would not listen to it.

“Do you know it’s very rude to look through other people’s stuff? You should not do that even though we are a couple now.” L brushed the cover of the box and placed it carefully on the table.

Eunhye was upset. She felt a sharp pain in her chest. She was upset not because of the fact that L yelled at her, but because the fact that L really defended the box so much.

“Sorry…” She muttered a soft whisper and dashed out of his room. She did not want him to see her tears.

This was the last pride she could at least withhold.

~~

L brushed the tag of the box.

Hyorin + Myungsoo~~

This box had kept the fondest memory of Hyorin and him. It was once his treasure. Despite all the things had happened, this was part of his memory and that was why he did not threw them.

But it was all in the past. That was the reason why he kept it high up in the shelf. He was not angry that Eunhye had seen the contents, but was more worried that she would misunderstand when she saw them.

L smacked his forehead when he realised that he was being harsh just now. “Aishh… Why did I overreact just now.” He walked out his room and went up to Eunhye’s room. Loitering outside, he could not bear to knock on his door because he knew she would be feeling really bitter right now.

~~

Eunhye leaned onto the closed door behind her, tears falling down her cheeks badly. She held onto her left chest and hit on it lightly. The ache in her heart was indescribable, it was like as if a knife was stabbing on it continuously.

She knew L had never forget about Hyorin all these while.

 

Was it a right choice for them to start in the first place?

 

Was she the third party afterall?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone!

How was your week?

Another update is here.

Such a sad ending to the chapter... 3

Do you think they will reconcile in the next chapter?

Please continue to look forward next week~~ ;D

Don't forget to subscribe, upvote and comment. Thank you!

 

For those of you who have not known, i have created a poll regarding the sequel of this story.

Please cast your votes if you have not done so.

Thankssss~ :)