17: Start; Back

Thank you, my love

“What are you doing?” L caught hold of Eunhye’s hands when she removed it from his as they reached closer to school.

“Ani… It’s just that…” Eunhye tried to shake her hands off again as she spoke. L understood what she was worried about. He stopped walking and pulled Eunhye to a stop.

He grabbed hold onto Eunhye’s small hands and clenched it even tighter. With a swift move, he pulled her closer into his embrace.

“Yahh! We are near the school. Don’t be like this.” Eunhye snapped while trying to let herself free from him. L locked his eyebrows and looked intently into her eyes. “Look, Choi Eunhye. You are my girlfriend now and there is nothing to hide.”

Eunhye sighed upon his words. “No…”

L cupped Eunhye’s face with his big hands. “Yes… There is no no-s. I want the whole school to know that we are a couple now. There is nothing wrong about this, right?”

She nodded slightly in agreement at his words.

 

L was right.

There was nothing wrong with them being together, both of them were single and available.

Eunhye smiled at L and reached out for his hand, L held her hand back and both of them walked into the school.

As they walked up the stairs, the student population were staring at them and whispering to each other. Some of them were already shrieking and shouting along the corridors, announcing this big news to their fellow schoolmates.

The students looked at them in envy. L’s female fans and Eunhye’s male fans went outburst. The girls were weeping and crying like it was the end of the world. The guys shouting as they ran back to their classes.

However, it was undeniable that the both of them actually look very compatible together.


 

Eunhye and L invited their friends together respectively. The INFINITE members, BEAST members and Jiyoon crowded at the rooftop after their lunch break; all waiting for the couple to appear.

She wanted to announce this officially to her BEAST oppas and Jiyoon because they were like her family members. L too, he wanted the INFINITE members to accept her as his girlfriend.

~~

Eunhye looked at L desperately. As much as she wanted to explain everything, it was difficult to speak it in words. She did not know where to start; or rather how to start. Understanding the signal, L gave a squeeze to Eunhye’s hand.

“Okay… We… We have something to say. Both of us… Eunhye and I, are officially together. We are a couple now. We hope to seek your understanding that we did not announced it to all of you earlier.”

L let out a deep sigh after finishing his sentence. Eunhye nodded her head slowly and look at the frowning members. The twelve guys and Jiyoon had such a serious look on their face which instantly worried Eunhye.

She opened and wanted to explain further, but was stopped when they did something unexpectantly.

 

“CONGRATULATIONS!!!”

 

The thirteen of them shouted in unison that made the student body at the lower storeys looked up.

Eunhye and L looked at each other in shock before looking back at them.

At this moment, Junhyung walked forward and Jiyoon tugged Eunhye’s sleeve and pulled her aside, congratulating and teasing her at the same time. But Eunhye could not keep her eyes off Junhyung and L.

Junhyung moved to L and pulled his collar, making L moved forward upon his rough act. Eunhye let go of Jiyoon’s arm and wanted to walk to them, but was stopped by Doojoon who was standing near the girls.

Doojoon looked at Eunhye and gave her a nod of assurance that nothing would happen and to continue watch them.

“L Kim, if you dare to hurt her or make her cry, I will make sure you regret it. Understand?” Junhyung shot a glare to L. As usual, L did not respond to him which made Junhyung pissed and wanted to give him a beating for good.

Before he could do that, Dongwoo trotted over and held onto Junhyung’s hands to stop him. “Ah hyung… Rest assured that L would definitely treat her well. Because if he doesn’t do so, we will not let him off too. Now, let’s chill and congratulate this new couple, alright?”

Hearing Dongwoo’s words, Junhyung let go of his hands reluctantly. L took a step backwards and brushed his slightly crumpled uniform after Junhyung’s assault.

Junhyung glared at L as the BEAST members pulled him away from L before he could launch another attack.

 

However, they did not know how much his heart had ached when he heard about their relationship. It was like as if his heart was broken into pieces and forcefully pieced them up again immediately.

He saw how happy Eunhye was, and he knew L was the right person for her even though he was not going to agree on it. For so many years, she had only treated him as an oppa, and he knew it. All he could do now is to give them his blessings.

 

The INFINITE members and BEAST members cheered loudly at the rooftop, surrounding the new couple. They were glad that the two of them are finally together after going through so much.

As they ran and joked around among themselves. L tapped onto Eunhye’s shoulder and they walked out of the crowd.

He stretched out his hand and held onto Eunhye’s hand tightly. Heaving a sigh of relief, they were glad that they have finally let go of this huge burden that was in their hearts for the past few days. Using his free hand, he moved up to Eunhye’s face and rubbed on her cheekbone. Both of them smiled sweetly at each other.

At that instant, both of them were immersed in their love and it seemed like the world around them had stopped.


 

“Congratulations, oppas!” Eunhye and Jiyoon cheered as the boys met up.

It was finally the time of the year. The students in their senior year were having their graduation ceremony.

Sungkyu, Dongwoo, Doojoon, Hyunseung, Yoseob, Gikwang and including Junhyung waved their certificates towards their dongsaengs happily as they walked to meet them along the hallway.

The dongsaengs exchanged hugs with their hyungs and oppas after giving them bouquets of flowers which they had prepared together before attending the ceremony.

“Gomawo, Eunhye-ah.” Junhyung ruffled Eunhye’s hair as he took the bouquet from her hands. He told himself that this would be the last time he would do this and from then onwards, he would give his blessings to Eunhye and L as a brother.

Becoming close friends now, both groups gathered and started reminiscing how they first met when they entered high school, including the time where both groups started knowing each other because of Eunhye and L.

Such topics made the two girls teary. Jiyoon started wailing while Eunhye was wiping the tears off her face which rolled down her cheeks.

“Jiyoon ah. Stop crying, it’s not like as if we are not coming back right?” Yoseob shook his head as he trotted over to bring his embarrassing sister away to the corner to calm her down.

Seizing the opportunity, L whisked out a packet of tissue and moved over to Eunhye. “Are you okay? Don’t feel sad anymore. My heart hurts when I see you cry.” Hearing his cheesy words, she burst out laughing which made L looked really proud as though this was a plan to make her stop crying.

“Okay, let’s cheer up, everyone! It’s not as if we are not coming back here anymore. We are still part of Infinity School right? Just that we are in the University department now. We can still meet!” Doojoon cheered as he tried to comfort the crying girls.

“That’s right! We can still meet if our break times happen to be the same! Okay, let’s take a group picture now. Smile everyone~~” Dongwoo chirped and laughed happily as he set up the camera on the selfie-stick to capture every single one of them into this moment.

~~

Just as they were positioning themselves into the camera, L saw a familiar figure with the corner of his eyes. The familiar lady with long hair and slender figure. He could not help but turned back to look.

It was Hyorin. She was back.

“Yahh! Myungsoo. What are you doing?? You are moving out of th… …” Sungyeol turned to look at him and his remaining words were stuck at his throat after confirming what he had seen.

 

“Sungkyu, Dongwoo. Congratulations for your graduation.” Hyorin smiled meekly while she gave the both of them a congratulatory bouquet each.

“Ah, thank you noona. You… You are back.” Sungkyu laughed awkwardly while his eyes floated around to look at L and Eunhye.

“Yes. I just touched down and I came here immediately after hearing that it’s the graduation ceremony today.” She replied while trying to look for L. As she spot L standing at the back, she walked over and linked her arms to him. “Hmm… I need to talk to Myungsoo. Is it alright if you excuse us for a moment?”

Without waiting for any reply, Hyorin slightly dragged L away which made L stop his tracks and removed her hands from his. He walked back to where Eunhye was standing. Worried expressions engulfed her face.

L gave a pat to her head, “It’s okay. I will be back soon. Wait for me, alright?” His hand raised to her face and he cupped her cheeks to give her further assurance. Eunhye nodded reluctantly and touched his hands which was on her cheeks.

Hyorin looked throughout and clenched her fists when she realised that how close the both of them had grew.


 

Neither of them spoke a single word as they walked towards the quieter corner in the school garden. They took a seat at the bench and they could feel the soft breeze brushing against their faces.

 

“Noona.” L started which made Hyorin jumped slightly in shock.

“Hmm?” She turned and look at L, he was still the handsome kid which she had missed for the past half a year. “Are you back from the exchange programme? You are not going back anymore?” L still looking straight at the patch of grassland.

Hyorin reached out for L’s hands with hers, landing it gently on top of L’s hands. L could remember the touch of this pair of hands which he once yearned to hold, but the feeling had since changed.

“Myungsoo ah. I really missed you a lot while I was at abroad. You know, you were the only reason which kept me going while I was having a hard time being alone there.” She inched closer towards L.

L stood up which removed her hands instantly. He sneered softly. “Noona. You remembered me only because you were lonely ? I had that exact same feeling for years, but because you had so many people around you, you did not even bother to look at me. Don’t you remember?”

Hyorin shot up from her seat and grabbed L’s arm. “Ani, Myungsoo ah. I know you are still angry over that accident. I’m sorry and I really regretted. You are the only person I liked. I’m serious!”

“Aniyo, noona. Eunhye and I have forgiven Kim Minjoon and we have moved on from this incident. I have never expected the noona which was so dearly to me was actually that selfish. You have changed, Hyorin-noona.” L shook his head and brushed Hyorin’s hands away before walking away.

Hyorin charged in front of L and opened her hands wide. “No Myungsoo. You are the one who had changed. You are with that Choi Eunhye now right! I knew it, I saw it just now! She must be the one who had bad-mouthed about me!”

L sighed. He did not expect things to turn out like that. The important thing was to get Hyorin to understand that the both of them were impossible now. “Yes. I’m dating Eunhye. All thanks to noona, if not for all the unnecessary actions you did, I would not have known who the one for me was. We are happy now.”

She could not believe her ears. She hope what she heard was actually a joke, but it was not. L brushed Hyorin aside and started walking away. As he moved a few steps ahead, he stopped and turned back slightly. “You will always be my noona, and that’s it. I have found the person whom I really want to protect, so I hope you will find yours soon. Annyeong, noona.”

Finishing his last sentence, he walked out of the school garden without even hesitating nor turning his head back once.


 

Hyorin was dumbfounded.

She could only see L walk away.

But she knew that it was not the end. She picked up her bag and started running towards where L was heading.

 

 

 

 

New chapter up, readers!

This is the start of the lovey-dovey parts since Eunhye and L are together now.

Please get yourselves ready for some cheesy stuff. Keke.

Thank you for waiting for my updates every week, I will do my best to update on time because work is really catching up.

But I thank everyone for your patience~~

 

Anyways, there is a poll at before this chapter, regarding if this story should have a sequel or not. :)

If you have not cast your vote, please feel free to do so!

Thank you very much!

Please help to subscribe, upvote and comment.

^^