3: Secret?

Thank you, my love

The trip was not long, but long enough to keep Eunhye on tenterhooks.

The car turned into this tall building, with a large billboard reading UNIVERSE CORPORATION. The man did not lie, she would be meeting their CEO.

When they reached the lobby of the building, she was led up to the highest level. The man spoke. “Miss Choi, you do not have to feel nervous. Just be yourself. And by the way, my name is Lee Jinsuk.” Eunhye gave a slight nod, accepting what this Mr. Lee had said.

Despite being nervous, she could not keep her eyes off the scenery while travelling in the lift. Although they were in the middle of the city, she could see the ports, the seas and the trees from the lift as it escalated.

When they reached, Mr Lee smiled and nodded to a lady who was seated outside the office. The lady replied with a nod too, approving them to enter the room.

Walking carefully, they reached a door which read “Kim Miyoung – CEO”.

Eunhye had expected to see a fierce and evil woman, like what she saw on TV dramas. But she was wrong, seated on the big and comfortable black chair was a fairly plump granny. She stood up and welcomed Eunhye.

It is different from what she had expected. The granny was wearing a dark grey blazer. Underneath it was a black dress. She looked kind and elegant, but Eunhye could sense that she was not someone whom you would want to provoke.

 

OMO. Are you really Eunhye? It has been so many years, the last time when I saw you, you were only 4. The little toddler who was running around your mother.”

Eunhye could only nod awkwardly, she did not know what to reply. In fact, she did not had much memory of her parents already.

“Ann... Annyeong-haseyo. Choi Eunhye-imnida. Nice to meet you, Mrs Kim.” Eunhye bowed and took a seat in front of the CEO.

“Eunhye ah, you don’t have to be so tensed up around me. Just treat me like your grandmother. And you definitely do not have to call me Mrs Kim. Just call me granny, like how my grandson will address me.” She said with a wide smile.

“Actually, I have something to discuss with you. I shall not beat around the bush.”

“Ne?” She replied softly, close to a whisper.

"Eunhye ah. Listen. I would like you to move in to my house to live with my grandson and me."

Eunhye could not believe her ears, her eyes staring widely at the CEO. WHAT?? This granny must be crazy. Today is the first time I am meeting her and she is asking me to move in with her, with her grandson too!

"Choesong-hamnida, Mrs Kim. Granny, I mean. But.. I don't know you? This is the first time we are meeting… Maybe to you, this is our second time. But in my memory, this is the first time I have seen you." Eunhye wanted to make it clear to the CEO. It is impossible for her to live with someone she did not know.

"I was very close with your grandparents and parents when they were alive. I'm so sorry that they are not here anymore... I will only be able to take care of you carefully if I keep you by my side.” She said, close to a sob.

She continued. “I have wanted to adopt you when I found out about the accident, but I could not locate you. It seems that someone had brought you away from the hospital after you have recovered. I finally had a chance to locate and confirm your existence after you started schooling in Infinity School.”

Looking at how uncomfortable Eunhye felt, she added “It’s alright if you can’t give me an answer now. Think about it when you get home tonight. I will provide you with everything. You can even quit your part-time jobs which you are holding right now. I will even help your parents expand and manage their businesses.”

Eunhye could only smile and nod weakly. This felt too untrue to her. Before she left the room. Mrs Kim added “I hope you will accept my offer. I have already promised your parents at their graves that I will take care of you.” She sighed.

At the mention of her parents, she wanted to cry. Cry out loud. Even though it has been 11 years since their accident, she could not get over it. It scarred her heart. But what she was feeling right now overcame her tears.

Shocked. It was like a dream.

When she had finally snapped out of her thoughts, she was already at the convenience store. Mr Lee bided her goodbye and reminded her to consider the offer. Before leaving, he gave her his name card, and told her to contact him if she had any problem. With that, he drove off in the posh black car.

She looked at her watch. 5.55PM. He had kept his word. She was on time for her work now. And she needed to call Junhyung. She had to tell him what happened today, maybe he can help to make the decision.

___________________________________________________________________­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­_________________________________________________________________

It was not long until her break-time came. She picked up her phone and dialled Junhyung’s number.

“Yoboseyo? Eunhye?”

“Oppa. You know what? A man approached me today and he brought me to meet this granny. The CEO of Universe Corporation…” She spent the next 15mins explaining to him.

Junhyung had difficulty comprehending what Eunhye had said. To him, this was absurd too. This is not a drama, right? But when he heard Universe Corporation, he remembered something.

“You mean she found you because you started schooling in Infinity School?” Junhyung questioned. This seemed like a lie to him.

“Ne. She said that. She also mentioned that her grandson is in our school too. And I think he is of the same age as me.”

Oh god.

He is right.

He has to tell Eunhye about this. She should know, but not now.

It was not the right time for her to know yet, at least not over the phone.

“Eunhye ah. Don’t bother about it first. You still have work right? And your girls’ night with Jiyoon. I will come over to your house tomorrow afternoon after Jiyoon leaves.” Junhyung assured her. “And. Send me a text when you reach home.”

He never failed to give her the sense of security that she lacked since her parents passed away.

But what Junhyung did not tell Eunhye was,

The grandson and the heir to Universe Corporation,

 

Was Kim Myungsoo.

 

L.

 

L Kim Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

Annyeong to all my readers!

Chapter three is up!

It's a little bit short, but next chapter will be up soon!

Will it be yet another encounter for L and Eunhye again?

Please stay tune, comment and subcribe.

THANKYOU! :D