4: Second Encounter; Anger

Thank you, my love

As promised, Junhyung visited Eunhye after making sure that Jiyoon had left her house. Both of them settled down at that corner of Eunhye’s house.

It was their favourite corner. The music corner, where Eunhye’s violin was nicely hung up, her keyboard neatly set up against the wall, with a couple of music stands holding her manuscripts and scorebooks.

Junhyung made himself comfortable on the cushions and mats that were laid on the floor. He did not say anything, neither did Eunhye.

“So… How was it?” Words finally managed to escape from his tight-lipped mouth.

Eunhye tilted her head, turning to Junhyung. Recalling the purpose of Junhyung coming to her house.

“Ahhh... I have decided. Of course I’m not going to.” Junhyung turned to face Eunhye, feeling slightly happy in his heart about her decision. “After all, it was my grandparents and parents who were close with her. And it was all her one-sided story. I don’t have the slightest memory of her. And you know, I might explode with strangers in the house.” She stuck out her tongue playfully.

Junhyung could not help but laugh at his cute dongsaeng. “I knew it. It is Choi Eunhye we are talking about right.”

“Oppa?”

“Wae?”

“Finally, you laughed. You should see your expression when you came into my house earlier. Obviously you were more worried about myself than I am.” She assured. “I’m really okay. Don’t worry anymore.”

Junhyung let out a deep sigh, “Arraseo.”

Seeing that the atmosphere had changed for the better, she told Junhyung about what she had missed out over the phone yesterday. ”Anyway, you know what she told me? She said if I live with her, I can quit my part-time job. She will provide me with everything. Sounds jjang right. Keke. But I’m not that weak to accept help.” Pouting cutely to show her disagreement. “Ah right. And I have not told you this. I found another job. Milk delivery! It is just in the morning. So I will still be able to go to school after clearing all the delivery locations. Extra income.” Doing a victory sign to Junhyung.

“Yah. Are you short on cash recently? Why do you have to take up another part-time job? The person managing your parents’ properties is not giving you enough?”

Junhyung snapped. He was always against the idea of Eunhye working part-time. He felt that she should spend more time on her studies instead. If it was not for Eunhye’s persistence and promise that she would not overwork, he would not have agreed to let her work in the convenience store with him.

“Aniyo. I want to earn more so I can help out the expenses for the orphanage also. Although what I’m earning is little, at least I will be able to help the kids. I heard that we have an addition of a few children there last month. Oppa too, right? You are working part-time to help them even though your adoptive parents are rich and donate to them regularly. So you can’t stop me.”

Junhyung sighed. He knew he would not be able to win Eunhye in her reasoning.

“Arraseo. You will always win when we are arguing. As long as you don’t force yourself too much, I’m fine.” He shook his head before looking away.

He wished this moment could stop and lasted forever. He liked it when there was just the both of them. Eunhye too. She was most happy when she was with her Junhyung-oppa.

However, there was still something not off Junhyung’s heart.

He had not told Eunhye about L being the granny’s grandson. But since she had decided not to go, then there would be no point telling her then.


 “Aish. I should have check out the route last night.”

It was the first day of Eunhye’s new milk delivery part-time job. She still had 5 minutes before the school gate would close. She was late since she did not figure the correct and fastest route to reach school from the gathering point.

Brisk-walking would be useless, she had already ran from her workplace and she had ran out of energy already. “I should just stroll. Since I’m already late.” Eunhye blew her bangs before slowing down her pace.

Just behind her, L was dashing. He was late again. But the difference between them was he was running really fast. She felt the gust of wind when he ran past her.

However, he stopped when he realised he had ran past someone who had the same uniform as him.

He turned around and shouted at her, “Yah! You want to be late is it? The gate is closing soon!”

She blinked hard twice and realised that this guy in front of her was L. Legs still stuck on the ground.

“It’s o…. AHHHHH!” Before Eunhye could react, L had already grabbed her wrist and pulled her along, while still sprinting at full speed. She looked down and realised that L was holding her hand, she could not help but to flush. “Yah! What are you doing? Do you know it’s very rude to just pull people along with you??”

Just as she finished her sentence, they ran past the two tall metallic gates. L let go her hand and punched his right hand up to the sky, doing a small victory cry. “Asa!”

Eunhye was panting after the run with her reddened cheeks. This time, it was red because she ran so quickly. It was so ridiculous to just be pulled by someone so randomly.

Seeing her blushed cheeks, L decided to tease this pretty lady in front of him, not losing his kingka status.

“Are you blushing? If you are, please don’t. Because I’m just lending a helping hand. The elite students should keep their record clean.”

He winked and pointed to Eunhye’s violin before running off to class, not giving Eunhye a chance to explain herself.

Eunhye looked down and up again. “YAH! I…” Unable to clarify, Eunhye stomp her feet lightly on the ground, feeling frustrated.

On the other hand, Sungyeol and Sungjong had already witnessed the whole incident through their window from their classroom. Both of them bending over the window next to Sungjong’s desk, trying to have a better view at the both of them.


L had made it to class on time, again. As soon as he walked in, he was greeted by Sungyeol. He slung his arm over L’s shoulders, smiling cheekily. “Yah. You are telling me you don’t know who she is. Then what are the both of you doing just now? So sweet eh? Holding hands and running into the school together.”

Feeling annoyed, L pushed his arm away, which made Sungyeol and Sungjong laughed even louder.

“You really don’t remember who she is? Seriously. What is your brain filled with? She is that girl! The girl who you have spilled water onto Hyorin-noona’s blazer the other time. That ice princess that I have told all of you about.” Sungyeol repeated himself as he went back to his seat when he saw the teacher coming in.

L looked at the whiteboard, blinking his two eyes.

No, he could not remember this girl’s face.

But he did remember the incident about Hyorin’s blazer.


The bell for the last lesson rang.

Eunhye was not scheduled for work this evening, so she can finally have a good session out with Jiyoon. The two girls hooked their arms together, laughing at the joke that they heard during class today. They were enjoying themselves until someone familiar approached her.

That figure was the representative from her parents’ company. They had met 6 months ago when she was told to enrol into Infinity School. He approached her carefully, “Sorry Miss Choi, I would need to talk to you for a while.” Sensing the urgency in his tone, Eunhye looked at Jiyoon and she caught the signal straightaway. Before Jiyoon left, she put her phone to her ear, gesturing for Eunhye to call her when she had was done.

They settled down in a café just opposite the school.

“Sorry Miss Choi. I bet you are shocked about my sudden visit. I know you do not have any knowledge about the company operations. I thought that you have the right to know since you will be the inheritor of the company. Just that… I would like to inform you... Our company is really not doing well.” He looked down at his coffee that was laid on the table.

“So… You mean the company will be bankrupt and close down soon?”

“Yes. If we still do not get enough funds and investments to keep the operations, then we will have to opt for that method.”

Eunhye did not know what she could do to help the representative to feel better, she could only look down and nod.

“We heard that Universe Corporation will be acquiring our company. Is that true?” Upon hearing Universe Corporation, Eunhye looked up at him. “Actually… One of our employees had seen you talking to the secretary of Universe Corporation. If it is true, can you help us? Please… I hope you would not want to see your family’s effort gone to waste right? Your grandparents had worked very hard for it before handing it over to your parents. You will help right?” He continued even though Eunhye looked confused. She absolutely did not know anything about these corporations.

“I’m sorry. But I really don’t know anything. These are the business dealings. So sorry, I will not be able to help you. I…” Before Eunhye finished her sentence, he cut her off. “It’s alright. It is not your problem nor fault. We will find a way. I shall not trouble you anymore. Please be careful on your way home.” He smiled bitterly, bowed and made his way out of the café.

Slumped back to her seat, Eunhye took out the name card which Mr Lee gave him previously. She was playing with the card, spinning the card in her hands.

“Should I?”

Eunhye dropped off her bag on her bed and laid back. The words of the representative kept ringing in her mind. “Please… I hope you would not want to see your family’s effort gone to waste right? Your grandparents had worked very hard for it before passing it down to your parents. You will help right?”

She sat up, searched for her phone and the name card. She lifted up her phone and dialled the number written on the white name card. It took her moments before she decided to hit the dial button.

The phone was picked up after three rings. “Yoboseyo? Lee Jinsuk-imnida.” Eunhye did not expect it to go through so quickly. “Annyeong-haseyo. Choi Eunhye-imnida. I called because… I have something to ask.” Eunhye answered timidly.

“Ah, Eunhye-ssi. How can I help you?”

Eunhye took in a deep breath, deep enough for her to prepare. “I have heard that Universe Corporation will be acquiring over the Choi Holdings. Is that true?”

She was waiting for the answer eagerly. But she did not know if she would want a positive answer or negative answer. Either reply would put her in a spot.

“Hmm. Regarding this issue, I’m sorry but I will not be able to provide you with any information. I’m unable to divulge any trade secrets. However, it may or may not be possible.”

Eunhye scowled. What an answer. “Okay. Okay. Sorry for disturbing you. Kamsahamnida.”

“It’s okay. I have told you. Call me when you have any problem. Ah. Please consider Mrs Kim’s offer. You do remember about it right?”

“Ne. I remember.”

“Okay. If there is nothing else I have to hang up already. Sorry Eunhye-ssi.”

“It’s alright. Sorry to have bothered you. Goodbe.”

The phone call was not useful at all. Instead, it had made more troubled.

That offer.

She flopped down on her bed again, putting her right hand over her eyes. And they gradually closed…


For the past few days, the representative of Choi Holdings kept calling and texting her. These had started to piss Eunhye off.

“Miss Choi. The company will only be able to hang on till the end of the month. We are really struggling now. Please. If you have any information, can you please tell us? We are already on the verge of announcing bankruptcy.”

The man really sounded very desperate over the phone. It was not that she did not want to help. But she really had no idea over it. However, before she hung up, she told him. “I will think about it.”


During Eunhye and Junhyung’s usual chill-out session, she told Junhyung about it. He was the only person that would listen to her without any grumble.

“I don’t want to think about it, but I can’t. It is against my conscience. Plus, it is my family’s business even though they are not around anymore.” She cupped her cheeks with her hands and rested it on the table. “I don’t even know what I can do! It’s so frustrating. Aish.” Letting out a loud sigh.

Junhyung looked around at the surroundings before telling Eunhye, “Yah, we are in public. Soften down. I bet they actually already knew something before approaching you. They are just testing you?”

“Molla! He had been spamming calls and texts to me these past few days. I think the phone is going to explode anytime.” Eunhye bent forward and rested her head on the table, looking at her phone.

“But oppa, there is actually an option which I can consider right.”

Junhyung sat up hearing what she said. “Andwae. I know what you are going to say. Don’t even think about it.”

“But she promised. She will help out my family’s business if I move in, right?”

Junhyung looked into Eunhye’s eyes with a shade of anger.

She could feel it.

 

 

 

New chapter!

Things are getting complicated right??

Please continue to give me support!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

And please help to publicize this fanfic to your fellow readers too.

Kamsahamnida! :D