Chapter 06

House of EXO (Edited Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I know you’re awake.”

Kris cleared his throat as he looked at the boy pretending to be asleep; after a while pause, the boy opened his eyes slowly to see Kris who was smiling softly at him. “Here, wash up and we can have breakfast.” He put a tee shirt of his which probably bigger for the boy on the bed as he walked away to check message on his computer.

The boy got up slowly from the bed, grabbed the clothes and washed himself up in the bathroom.

Not long after, the boy followed Kris walked out of the bedroom towards the dining room where the loud noises came from. “Morning hyung!” ChanYeol ‘always happy go lucky’ voice greeted him.

“Morning...” Kris, being his usual self, just smiled at the others and sat down to grab the toast; that’s when he noticed the look the others gave him. “What?” Kris followed the sign Joon Myeon gave him and it landed on the boy standing behind him with his head bowed down.

“Aren’t you going to sit down?” Kris asked the boy who seemed like frozen on his spot, head still bowed down. Sighing, he stood up, forced the boy sat down beside him. “Now, eat.” Kris ordered the boy to eat; but the boy still has his head bowed down and hands on his lap. “Oh God, please help me.” Kris face palmed himself.

KyungSoo who has been watching, feeling concerned about the boy; he walked towards him; he put his hand on the boy shoulder to comfort him, but the boy flinched away automatically from him, shocked KyungSoo right away. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you…” KyungSoo apologized directly and withdrew his hand.

Thinking of handling the awkward silence himself, Kris put the toasts he’s been applying some jam for himself on the plate in front of the boy. “Eat or I’ll shove it right down your throat.” Kris said with his trademark threatening voice.

Unbelievably, the boy started to move his hand to reach for the toast Kris put on his plate and started eating, but still with his head bowed down. Sighing understandingly, the others just decided to make the atmosphere less awkward for the boy as they continued to do their usual bickering in the morning.

 

Kris put a paper and pen in front of the mute boy; Kris and the others had given up to coax something out of the boy’s mouth who still had his head bowed down.

“Here,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter