Chapter 15

House of EXO (Edited Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“JONGIN!”

Kris was about to run after the younger when Minseok stopped him. “I’ll go after him.” Minseok didn’t give the Chinese Canadian any chance to say a thing as he already ran out of the room, searching for the younger boy who he finally found.

Jongin was seated on the bench near the restaurant garden with his hands covered up his face, definitely crying his eyes out. Minseok walked closer to the younger and squatted down in front of him. “Jongin.” He softly called the younger name as he reached for his hand to uncover his teary face.

Minseok could clearly see the disappointment in the younger face as he saw him, “Disappointed it’s not Kris who came after you?” he asked the younger. Looking at the crying face of the younger really hurt Minseok’s heart. Is the new of Kris leaving really shocked the younger that badly? Could it be a possibility that something related to his past that got him such a big reaction? Minseok was definitely confused and helpless in the same time. In that moment, he really hated himself for not able to do anything to help. What’s the use of him studying Psychology then if he can’t even help his dongsaeng?

Taking a deep breath, Minseok decided to consult with the younger slowly. “Jonginie, why did you run out of the dinner just now? Do you know how everyone worried for you? Is it because of the shocking news of Kris?” Minseok looked at the younger who nodded his head hesitantly. “Are you afraid that Kris will leave you?” Again, Minseok saw the younger nodded his head. “Can you tell me why?

Still with his teary eyes, Jongin looked at Minseok hesitantly before he said, “I don’t want to be alone again.”

Jongin words were so soft that Minseok almost missed it. Minseok sighed as he took the younger’s hand. “Jongin-ah, you won’t be alone. You still have me. You still have the other hyungs.” Minseok noticed Jongin seemed to avoid his eyes as the younger looked down on his own lap. “Besides Kris didn’t say he will leave, did he?”

“He will. That’s his dream.” Jongin soft answer stunned Minseok on spot, made the older speechless of how to comfort him. What the younger said was true though, it’s Kris dream; getting the opportunity like scholarship overseas is like a stepping stone for his future career.

“Why don’t we go back and ask him himself then?” Minseok stood up and pulled the younger with him back to the restaurant to find the others had already waiting for them in front of their car. Upon seeing them, Kris ran towards them in first line.

“Jongin, are you okay?” Kris asked the younger worriedly. “Don’t run away like that anymore, you’re really worried everybody.”

Hearing a bit anger in Kris voice, Jongin could only apologize, “I am sorry, hyung.”

“That’s alright; as long as you’re okay. Let’s go home then.”

 

Upon arriving home, the atmosphere became tense again as every pair of eyes were looking at Kris. Kris understood the meaning of the eyes. It was Suho who finally broke the silence as he said to the Chinese Canadian. “Kris, I think we need to talk.”

Kris sighed as he knows if he didn’t clear everything out in the open, none will be able to go to sleep because of this matter. One of them had already escaped from leaving, and now another one will take the same worry for them again.

In the end, Kris nodded his head as he took the seat between Jongin and Tao who cling themselves to him immediately. “It was two days ago when one of my teachers congratulated me and informed with the news that I have been selected by London Fashion Institute to the full scholarship and they also offered a recruitment as an intern in the company itself. Apparently, the representative of the institute attended the Runway Fashion before and took a liking to my designs.”

Everyone was in awe at Kris words. Not only Kris was offered the scholarship but a job as intern as well? That’s a super golden chance for him! Everyone was speechless as they looked at Kris proudly, but on the other hand, the disappointment that the chance of Kris leaving is bigger now.

“I didn’t mean to keep it from you guys. When I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter