Chapter 18

House of EXO (Edited Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, you’re not playing prank on us right?” Baekhyun looked seriously at Kris when the older announced his decision of turning down the golden chance of scholarship. It’s like something unbelievable to even think about. What went through everyone mind was that Kris really sure about his decision? Won’t he regret it? All possibilities were flying around their heads as they asked for confirmation from Kris again and again.

“Baek, how many times have you asked the same question? Stop it!” Chanyeol shouted at his best friend annoyingly but Baekhyun paid no attention to his best friend at all as his eyes kept focusing on his Kris hyung.

Instead of getting annoyed of Baekhyung like Chanyeol, Kris smiled at his dongsaeng, “Baekkie, I don’t play any prank on you guys nor it’s a joke. It’s true. It’s real. I chose to stay.”

After Baekhyun seemed like satisfied and double sure that it’s real, he jumped out of his seat and shouted happily, “Yeah! Kris hyung is not leaving! Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! We’re all still together!!!” Everyone was a bit startled of his sudden cheer, but it doesn’t mean that Baekhyun doesn’t gain himself followers. In span of not even a minute, Chanyeol and Jongdae already already join his celebration.

“I know Kris hyung wouldn’t be able to live without me, the happy virus around him!” ChanYeol self-praised himself.

“Nuh-uh...” Baekhyunshook his head at his best friend, refused to agree with what he said, “Kris hyung couldn’t bear to leave alone. I am his favourite dongsaeng after all.”

“Baek, where does your thick face come from? You seriously need to go see a doctor to operate you into normal person.” ChanYeol argued back.

“Funny! You should the one who takes up your own advice, I see...” Baekhyun snorted back at him.

“Byun BaekHyun, don’t make...” ChanYeol hasn’t able to finish his argue with his best friend when JongDae cut their lovely bickering.

“Do you two need a room?” JongDae sarcasm tone made both of them stared annoyingly at him. But JongDae being JongDae, just shrugged it off as he decided to go back to his seat and enjoyed his unfinished seafood pasta.

“Are you two done now? Can we continue back to the topic here?” Everyone heard Joon Myeon impatient voice tone, definitely scolding at them which they both ignored, as usual.

“Hyung, are you really sure of your decision? This is huge, hyung. You know this kind of chance won’t come second time.” This time, it’s maknae Sehun who asked his hyung seriously. Baekhyun and Chanyeol eyed the maknae annoyingly, clearly hinting him to stop trying persuading hyung into second thought.

“I am sure, SeHunnie. I understand this kind of chance probably won’t come again, but that’s okay. I am sure one day I will be able to get into my dream school in French.” Kris smiled widely at his brothers as he started to scope food into his empty plate. “Well, what do our talented chef make for today?”

“Hyung, don’t eat that seafood first. Eat this, it’s vegetables baked rice.” KyungSoo immediately removed the seafood pasta from Kris sight and changed it with the vegetables rice.

“Yah KyungSoo! Why can’t I eat? I hate vegetables!” Kris showed his dislikes towards the green food in front of him.

“Hyung, it’s better to avoid toxic food like seafood for your wounds. It’s better to be safe than infection later.” As always, motherhen KyungSoo explained patiently to Kris. “Besides, vegetables are good for our health. You should start to eat vegetables, hyung.”

All of them could only laugh secretly seeing Kris being lectured by the scary KyungSoo.

“Or there won’t be any meats from now on for all breakfast, lunch and dinner.” Hearing the threat KyungSoo just said made all of them turned their heads directly at the house chef. No meats at all? You’re kidding, right?

“Hyung! Our lives are in your hand now! Just follow what KyungSoo said, please! I can’t live without meats!” ChanYeol begged his Kris hyung with his puppy eyes.

“I am still need to eat a lot of meat for growing, hyung. You can’t let KyungSoo hyung feed me with green vegetables everyday!” Maknae SeHun joined in with his aegyo.

“Yi Fan Ge Ge...!” Tao joined in as well.

Everyone knows in heartbeat Kris wouldn’t be able to win against puppy eyes or aegyo; that’s his weakness that they discovered after living for so long with him. Having no choice, he scooped the vegetables rice in front of him with sulking face.

“You know, I blamed you Kim Jongin for doing this to my face.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter