Chapter 27

House of EXO (Edited Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol cursed himself as he threw himself on the vacant seat inside the next coach of the train. He felt stupid for letting his anger got the best out of him. He has poured out his anger at his best friend who was just concerned about him. It wasn’t Baekhyun fault yet he shouted at him for just being his best friend. If only there’s a hole in the ground, he would want to throw himself inside the hole and never came out again. He was too ashamed of himself.

“Feeling better now?” Chanyeol looked up to see Kris who smiled at him. Kris took the seat beside him.

Chanyeol sighed as he took a deep breath before he said out, “I’m such a mess, aren’t I?”

Kris chuckled before he ruffled the messy hair of Chanyeol, “Now, you’re messy!” Chanyeol knew that his hyung was only trying to lighten up his mood by joking around, and he appreciated it.

“My hair!” Chanyeol exclaimed in protest as he tidied his hair his best.

“If it’s messy then all you have to do is tidy it up again and again, then you got yourself satisfy with how you wanted to style your hair in the first place, right?” although Kris was talking about his hair, but Chanyeol understand the meaning behind the words. His Kris hyung was trying to comfort him for his failure and disappointment in himself.

Chanyeol sighed as he looked away from Kris eyes. “But no matter how I tidy it up, it would never turn out the way I wanted.”

“Then why don’t you try to change the style then?” Kris asked again. Although it might be very innocent question, but only the two of them know the meaning behind every words they’re exchanging at that moment.

“Because I’m not allowed to change it; I have to follow what’s been planned for me.” Chanyeol didn’t care if he was still in the hair topic or he has threw out his own feeling, but what he knew was that he needed it out of his chest. He needs to breathe.

Kris can see how devastated the younger in front of him was. “Chanyeol, everyone has a choice.” Kris sighed before he dared himself to say what’s on your mind. “Maybe you should have a talk with your parents. I’m sure they will understand.”

“No, you don’t understand hyung. They won’t be. You think I never talked to my parents? I did, ok? For million times already!!! But they just won’t listen to me! They don’t care if I am not cut out to be a lawyer or not, they just wanted me to! They just want to expect the result but never thought of my capabilities!!!” Chanyeol finally poured out what’s inside his heart. In that moment, he had felt like half of the weight in his heart has been pulled out.

“Then make them understand or better yet, show them!” Kris suggested.

“Show them? Show them how I kept failing the class to let them know that I’m not capable to studying law?”

“No. Show them your choice is the right one. Show them that your choice is the one that makes you happier!”

Hearing Kris words made Chanyeol speechless before he muttered out weakly, “They will kill me for sure if they know I wanted to an idol.”

“Have you ever told them before? Have you ever share your honest feeling with them? Have you ever tried to prove to them that your own choice is not as bad as what they thought? Have you, Chanyeol?” Kris didn’t mean to scold the younger but he just didn’t want him to give up on himself deeper than he was almost be. Kris just wanted to help his dongsaeng to be able to stand up for his ownself. He just wanted his dongsaeng to be happy.

Chanyeol was speechless. He didn’t what to say to Kris words. But seemed like the luck was on his side as the train started to stop and the announcement was heard that they’re already arrived at Seoul. They are back home. He was saved by the train.

 

The ten boys were walking home in silence until Kyungsoo broke the ice atmosphere around. “Oh ! I forgot that we have nothing at home. I need to go groceries shopping.”

“Seriously Kyungsoo? I am tired and lack of sleep. Are you seriously wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter