Chapter 30

House of EXO (Edited Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All ten boys and Jongdae parents were waiting impatiently in front of the operation room where their brother was. The doctor informed that Jongdae would need to do the surgery for his vocal cords with the successful chance above 80%. Of course, it’s such a relief percentage but still everyone was worriedly nervous for Jongdae.

It wasn’t long until the doctor came out of the operation room to inform the good news of successful operation on Jongdae vocal cords. Everyone was so relief and happy at the same time. Soon, their brother will be moved to the patient room.

Giving the space for the parents, the ten brothers of Jongdae just stood behind while waiting for the patient to wake up from his sleeping medicine. His mother was the first one to notice the movement of fingers she’s holding tight. Soon, everyone was gathered around the bed, watching the boy slowly opened his eyes.

“Son, you’re awake!” Mrs Kim exclaimed happily and in relief. Jongdae looked around his bed and was about to say something when his mother cut him, “It’s a successful operation, my son. The doctor said you couldn’t say anything yet. You need to rest your vocal cords.” His mother told his son.

Jongdae nodded his head as he tried to move his hand from his mother as he pointed to the glass of water beside the bed. He wanted to drink. He was really thirsty.

Again, his mother said with sad tone, “Jongdae, you aren’t allowed to drink or eat until the doctor said so. Please be patient and wait a while, ok son?”

Jongdae just blinked his eyes at his mother before he turned away to look at his brothers. Before Jongdae could sign of anything, Minseok has already cut him, “You’ll be fine, Jongdae. We aren’t going anywhere. And by the way, we have a surprise for you.”

Jongdae just look confused at the older before Luhan shoved his phone towards Jongdae left ear as the voice recorder started to play. A familiar voice of Tao was heard in Jongdae ear.

“Yah Kim Jongdae! I remembered you told me not to do anything stupid before I left. Right now, I’m sending the words back to you. You heard me? Don’t think of anything stupid while I’m not there, ok? Listen to your parents and hyungs! I’ll be waiting for the day when you’re standing on your own stage, and I will be the number 1 fan of yours, cheering you from the first row. Of course, I have to have the first row, otherwise...” Tao paused a bit before he continued. “Ah, anyway I’m happy to hear the operation is success which means you’re one step closer to your dream already hyung. Fighting, ok? When you’re healed totally, remember to call me! I want to hear your voice! I miss your voice! I want to hear you singing in my ear again!”

Hearing the encouragement words from the younger brother of his made Jongdae smiled. He really misses Tao. He really misses that Panda dongsaeng of his. Without Tao around, he has less one person he used to bother around. That’s why hearing the voice of the younger brother really colours his strength at that moment.

No words needed to say between the brothers as they know the meaning of Jongdae smiling eyes. “I know how much you wanted to eat burger right now, but you need to wait, ok? Wait until you are allowed then I’ll buy you dozens and dozens until you get sick of it.” Luhan laughed as he took his phone away from beside Jongdae. Luhan words just made the others laughed out. Of course they know why Luhan said those words; Tao and Jongdae are partners in eating burgers. The two of them are burgers freak. Hearing Tao will definitely made Jongdae remembers burgers.

The parents of Jongdae could only look at Luhan dumbfounded. Looking at the pouting face of their son, they couldn’t stop thinking of ‘how the heck did Luhan know what’s on their son mind’. Unconsciously they need to admit the closeness of the eleven brothers. At first when their son refused to go back home and decided to keep staying in the EXO house, they were really against it. Now seeing with their own eyes, they needed to admit that they don’t understand their own son like those ten boys do.

But on the other hand, they are happy for their son. Jongdae has been the only child of the family. He has no siblings to play or interact with. Since very young, he hasn’t been able to get close to his friends, but since he moved in the house, he has been different. He has been more cheerful and happier. And it’s all because he gets to know eleven brothers in his life. For that, Mr Kim and Mrs Kim are really thankful.

Slowly, the couple retreated from the room, allowing the ten boys who distracted his son with laughter and smile on his face.

 

How’s the JYP Audition?

Baekhyun read the words on the paper Jongdae holding on.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter