Chapter 16

House of EXO (Edited Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two days since Jongin was hospitalized. It’s also been two days for Kris to be in the hospital to keep the younger company since Jongin wouldn’t let go of him. The younger would start to get freak out without Kris around. Physically, Jongin’s fever has gone down and red colour has flushed his cheek. That’s a relief thing. But mentally, it’s the opposite. Easier to said, he has turned back to the scratch one, to the condition where they found him the first time.

Kris sighed heavily as he leaned himself on Tao shoulder. Honestly, he was tired. “Ge Ge, you should go home and take a rest. We can take care of Jongin here.” Tao said to him in their mother language.

“Tao is right. You will get sick too if you keep continue like this, Yi Fan.” LuHan joined in the conversation. Because it’s only the four of them, the Chinese line, they are able to use their mother language freely. “Go home, Yi Fan. Sleep.”

“That’s okay, Lu. I can sleep here.” Kris replied him weakly, his eyes started to close of tiredness. “Just lend me your shoulder for a while, Zi Tao.” With that, he feels asleep immediately.

Kris has no idea how long he has slept but when he heard the noise of something broke, it woke him up. Opening his eyes, the first thing he saw was KyungSoo who bent down to pick up broken bowl with some porridge on the floor. Kris looked up at the others who seemed awkwardly helpless. Putting one and two together, he figured out what could have happened. He sighed heavily as he stood up. “Guys, can you leave me alone for a while?”

Everyone eyes were surprised at his words, but they nodded their heads and left the room, leaving both Jongin and Kris in the room.

Walking towards the younger on the bed, Kris took the seat beside Jongin’s bed. “Why did you do that?” He directly asked the younger with firm tone. Kris can see the surprise on the younger face as he looked up at him for a second before bowed it down again. “Jongin...?”

Getting no response from the younger Kris decided to try again, “Look at me when I talk to you, Jongin.” This time, he used his ‘no bargaining tone’ and it succeeded in making the younger to obey him. “Now, care to tell me why you did that?”

“I am sorry...” instead of answering, he just apologized. Kris can see the crystal of tears started to form from his eyes.

“I’m not the one you should apologize to, Jongin.” Kris know that he said it out a bit harshly towards the younger. He is trying to prevent this boy in front of him to turn back to his old self. Kris doesn’t want that. He wants Jongin to open up and free himself from his own wound. “Did you know what you just did really hurt those who really care for you? Did you know what you did? You threw away their love and care for you! Nobody throw you away but yourself, Jongin. Do you get what I said, dongsaeng?”

Still, no reaction from the younger other than the falling tears from his eyes.

“I don’t want you to keep living in your own world, Jongin. You need to learn to open your heart for someone else to enter. I don’t know what happened with your past, but I want you to let it go. I want you to forgive whatever happened to you before. I want you to live happily. I want you to live like normal teenagers. I want you to make friends, play, fight, make troubles, or whatever. I don’t want you like this. Do you understand me, Jongin? You can’t depend on me forever.”

Hearing the last sentence of the older seemed like make the younger stunned as he looked up at him shockingly.

“You trust hyung, Jongin?” Kris looked deeply into Jongin eyes. He smiled when the younger nodded his head, still with teary eyes, “Then, let hyung help you, alright?” Again, seeing the younger nodded his head, Kris smiled again as he pulled him into my embrace. “Don’t worry. Hyung will always by your side.”

 

“I will be good. I will listen to you... Please don’t kick me out... Please don’t...”

Again, Kris was woken up by Jongin’s nightmare. He shook the younger boy up from his bad dream. “Jongin... Jongin...”

“Please, I didn’t do it... Please don’t throw me out...”

Again, Kris shook him harder to wake him up forcefully. And the younger finally did. He opened his eyes all sweaty and panic. Kris tried to comfort him, “Easy, easy... It’s just a nightmare.”

“Hyung, I’m scared... I am so scared...” As Kris pulled him up into my embr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter