Chapter 17

House of EXO (Edited Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was clearly shocked to witness the bleeding face of Kris. None ever thought that the Chinese Canadian would sacrifice himself until the extend of letting Jongin beat him up just for him to pour out his anger. Tao couldn’t stop thinking about it as he was a bit angry towards the unfairness Kris showed. Would Kris do the same if he’s the one in Jongin position?

“I am an orphan.”

Everyone in the room started to stay silent as they listened to what the younger about to confess.

“I am an orphan. When I was five years old, both of my parents died in an accident. I was sent to the orphanage along with my twin sister, Kim Minah.”

Jongin last words stunned all of us in the room at the mention of ‘twin sister’. All of them exchanged surprised glances at each other before focusing back on the younger boy who seemed tried to gather his courage in reliving his past memories.

“Our parents were married without any blessing from both families; with them passed away, we didn’t know any relatives of mine, so that’s why we were sent to the orphanage. Living at the orphanage was really hard since Minah and I were being outcast by the other kids. The older kids always loved to bully us; stole our foods and pocket money; they cut Minah long hair; they humiliated me by stripping me off my clothes in the school; but mostly they loved threatened me to do their chores or homework or they would hurt Minah. I knew I had no choice but to follow whatever they wanted so my sister wouldn’t hurt.”

Hearing it from Jongin mouth really them made super shocked and speechless. Was that how the younger really lived his life before? None could even imagine that kind of life he used to live; being bullied all the time. In that moment, everyone hearts hurt for the younger boy.

“It started only the small bullies until those kids started to mix with the bad crowd. They started to rebel and did things out of control. They stole the orphanage sister’s money and put the blame on me. I was being punished for something I didn’t do.”

Kris noticed the trembling hands of Jongin when he kept confessing out his past stories. Just when he said the word ‘punishment’, it seemed heavy for him to say it as he closed his eyes desperately. And Kris reached out to hold his hand, as a token of support for his dongsaeng, and Jongin seemed appreciated the concern.  

“For years, I accepted everything for my sister. Until one day when I was done with chores, I found my sister crying badly inside her room. I was confused until I found some blood trails on the bed and ripped clothes of her. I was really in rage when I finally got what happened. I remembered running out of the room angrily. I was about to kill those guys for hurting my sister. I remembered myself fought with those bastards. I remembered his winning smirk.”

Everyone naturally shed tears in listening to the younger boy painful memories. At that moment, Jongin has already broke down in tears in Kris embrace. None could even believe the cruelty those bastards could do towards a girl at young age.

“You don’t have to tell us anymore... We understand...” Kris wanted to stop the younger from breaking down in even more.

Jongin let go of Kris embrace after a while but he kept his tight grip on the older’s hand as he continued his story. “I didn’t know what’s the meaning of his smirk, but when I walked back to the orphanage, I found a big crowd surrounding the place. That’s when I found out that the orphanage was on fire. I tried to force myself to get inside to save my sister, but they wouldn’t allow. I could only witness the orphanage slowly burnt down with my sister still inside.”

Nobody was able to say a thing as everyone was too engrossed in the sadness for Jongin. Is that reason why he became so timid and quiet?

“I’m so sorry, Jongin...” Kris was holding his tears from streaming down as he hugged the crying Jongin in his embrace.

“I miss Minah so much... I really miss her...” Everyone could hear Jongin crying words as he bawled his eyes out.

“I know, I know. I am sure no matter where she is now, she’ll be always watching over you. She might not be beside you physically, but I am sure she’ll forever live in your heart, right?” Kris was really keeping himself strong for the younger boy in his embrace.

In fact, the room has turned into sobbing mess as everyone tried to wipe their own tears away.

 

Ten of them minus Kris were gathered inside hospital garden, leaving Kris a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter