Miss. Right

FINDING MISS.RIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunae

“Eunnie-chan! I found a crab!” I glanced up to see my brother proudly waving his play shovel in his hand causing me to laugh and run over to him. I could see the wooden stairs leading up to our beach house in Busan.

“It’s so cute!” I giggled as we watched the small crab try to make its way back to a rock by the shore.

“Eun when we grow up we got to follow our dreams like that crab!” he chuckled as I playfully pushed him.

“That crab just wants to go home,” I said matter of factly causing him to roll his eyes.

“That is his dream. He wants to go home and be with his family and friends. Maybe he has a sister like me!” he beamed as he watched the crab hobble away.

“Such a typical seven year old,” I smirked as he glared at me in annoyance.

“You’re seven too!” he whined as I laughed.

“Yeah but I don’t sit around trying to compare my life with crabs!” I chuckled as he huffed.

“Someday we’re all going to be like that crab. I will follow my dream and become a good leader just watch me!” he yelled and stormed away leaving me to laugh on my own.

I sat on the couch as I stared down at the photo of me and Joonmyeon at our family’s private beach. As dumb as it seemed though he was right about the crab theory. What sounds even more stupid is that Luhan is exactly like the crab he found. He just wanted to find his way home

It’s been about four months since he officially left exo and began discussing things with his lawyer. Thing seemed to have calmed down much more since the first articles about it.We still can’t really be seen as a couple in public and must be very careful about what we say and do but we both have decided it is for the best in the long run. Just because we don’t go out much together doesn’t mean things aren’t going well for the both of us though.

I reopened my grandfather’s old book store just to kill time since I was no longer in school and so many of the locals told me how much they missed my grandfather and his shop. Also it helps a lot when Luhan is in China for modeling and his filming for 20 Once Again so I’m not bored or worrying how he’s holding up 24/7.

Reopening the store also has its other perks but it just really made me feel at peace again and allows me to clear my mind and think.

Throughout the time I have spent resting and being with Luhan these few months I realized how much can change in a short amount of time.

I didn’t realize how much I could’ve fallen in love with a boy I swore to loathe for eternity.

 I never noticed how he could help me mend my relationship with my brother but most of all I never opened my eyes to see how happy he's made me when I was sure I was to be a miserable old hag for the rest of my life.

It truly amazes me how one person could have so much impact on another individual’s life. I believe during our lives we take that a lot for granted. Something we think means nothing at the time can actually leave a bigger impact than we originally thought.

 

Luhan

“Mama” I kneeled down before the marble monument with our family’s name “It’s been a while hasn’t it?”

I brushed the dirt and small leaves away from the stone.  It’s been about seven years since I have visited my mother’s grave. I remember the last time I was here was her funeral. My grandmother held my hand tightly and I couldn’t tell if it was to keep me from breaking down or for her to keep her sanity despite losing one of her children.

All I remember was the mourning and sadness her death brought to the whole family. My mother was with a group of friends at a resort in the mountains for a weekend getaway.

She always enjoyed nature and spending as much time outdoors and exploring new places. As far as I know from what my grandmother told me my mother was hiking with a group on the mountain and she lost her footing.

 At first I thought she was just joking and that my mom would be in the hospital for some minor injuries but my world came crashing down when I was informed that the fall was from to high up receiving a spinal C3 injury and she was on life support.

It crushed me to know my mother was truly gone and the only thing keeping her alive was a machine. Although my grandmother told me to be grateful that she died doing something she loved I just couldn’t accept it.

I felt so indebted to her. She raised me despite losing my father. She never treated me with resentment because of his passing. Instead she believed in me and told me I could do whatever I wanted in life but more importantly she made sure I knew that I was always welcome to come home.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter