Epilogue: Of Things To Come

✎♥The Dating Subject♥✎

 

I stared at my card in disbelief. Did I just really get this grade? 
 
"Hey, jagi!" I looked up, Onew was running towards me, a happy smile on his face. 
"I just got my card!" 
 
"Yeah, me too." I mumbled, still not believing what I saw earlier. 
 
"What's wrong?" He peered at me curiously. 
 
"Nothing." 
 
"Lying." He crossed his arms, frowning at me a little.
"What's wrong?" He asked again. 
 
"I...I was just surprised, that's all." 
 
"With what?" 
 
"This." I held up my card. 
 
"Oh." His look shifted to one of understanding. 
"Did you..."
 
"Yeah." I nodded.
 
"In..."
 
I nodded again.
 
"And? What did you get?" He asked gently.
 
"I got..." It felt weird to say it.
"An A+. I got an A+." I shook my head in disbelief.
 
"Why do you seem to have a hard time believing it?" He laughed. "You're third in class. And first in my heart." He teased, grinning.
 
I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious! How can I get an A+? And in Dating Subject nonetheless? I wonder if they printed it wrong..." I mumbled.
 
"Don't be so surprised,"
He placed an arm around me.
"I got the same grade." He smiled.
 
"Well, yeah. That's to be expected. You know a lot about the subject."
 
"Uh-huh..." He nodded slowly, still smiling.
 
"But me? Pfft. This is really weird. I'm not sure I deserve it."
 
"Of course you do. You have the best tutor you can get for that subject, remember?" His eyes twinkled and I found myself smiling.
"Well...if you put it that way..."
 
"I cannot believe you got a higher grade than me! Is that even possible?!"
 
We both turned around at the voice, only to find Mika, followed by Jonghyun, walking down the hallways towards us.
 
"Can you believe it?!" She asked me, looking annoyed.
 
"What?" I asked.
 
"Jjong beat me in the Dating Subject!"
 
"Beat you?" I raised an eyebrow.
 
"Why? What'd you get?"
 
"B."
 
"And Jjong?" Onew asked.
 
"A-! Can you believe that?! How could that even happen? I'm like, smarter than him!" She ranted.
 
"Hey!" Jonghyun scowled.
"How could you say that right infront of me?"
 
"It's true! I'm the one with the bestfriend who's really nerdy." She gestured to me.
 
"Yah!" I protested, crossing my arms.
 
"Well I have the nerdier bestfriend! Need I remind you he's second in class?" He pointed at Onew.
 
Onew looked at me apologetically.
"He can get really weird sometimes." He whispered and I chuckled.
 
"Whatever. I just can't believe it." Mika pouted.
 
"Baby, how can you doubt?" Jonghyun smirked.
"The only reason why I got high grades was that you inspired me to study. You know, you were the one who made me commit in the first place, and you made me break the rules of the clubs. So it's your fault." He shrugged.
 
Mika didn't say anything, knowing my bestfriend, the issue was over as far as she's concerned.
 
Onew snorted. "You sure can't deliver lines the way I can." He looked at me.
"Don't you agree?"
 
I just smiled.
 
"What do you mean by that?! I'm way better at saying sweet nothings compared to you!" Jonghyun scoffed.
 
Onew smiled easily. "You don't know what I'm capable of. See," He gestured to Mika.
"if you have said it right, Mika would be listening right now."
 
As if justifying his point, Mika was totally not paying attention to the bickering of the two.
 
"Did you just hear what Jjong said?"
I asked my bestfriend.
 
She stopped inspecting the bulletin board infront of us.
"Huh? What?"
 
"Baby!" Jonghyun whined.
 
"What's wrong with him?" Mika asked me, glancing over at her boyfriend.
 
"I just told you what my heart contains and you weren't even listening?!" Jonghyun pouted.
 
"You did?" Mika looked surprised.
"Omo. I'm sorry. Can you say it again?" She asked sweetly.
 
"No." Jonghyun crossed his arms, like a kid.
 
"Tsch." Onew shook his head.
"Now that you finally get to tell her while she's listening, you're not even going to do it?"
 
"No. It's her fault for missing it."
 
Mika made a face. "Such a loser. Whatever." She turned back to the bulletin board.
 
"Hey, I was kidding." Jonghyun said, suddenly going over to Mika but he only got ignored.
"You're not going to cancel our date for tonight, are you? Come on..."
 
Onew turned to me, grinning.
"Those two sure have a funny relationship."
"Yeah." I laughed.
 
"Unnie!" I looked up, Mizuki was hurrying towards me.
"Mom just called. She's taking us out for dinner tonight. Oh," She looked at Onew.
"Hi sunbae!"
 
"Hey, Mizuki!" Onew smiled widely at my sister.
 
"Mom said you can bring Onew sunbae too if you like."
 
I looked at Onew questioningly.
"I'll be there." He grinned and I nodded, satisfied.
"Can we come too?"
 
Minho, Key, and Taemin suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
 
"Sunbaes!" Mizuki turned starry eyed again.
 
"Today is such a great day! We're finally seniors now! Yayy!" Key looked so happy.
"Yup. I can't wait! I finally get to be the captain of the soccer team." Minho grinned.
"Now that we're seniors, I'm seriously considering getting a girlfriend." Key pondered.
"That thought has crossed my mind too." Minho agreed.
 
"Ha. Should I warn the girls now?" Jonghyun teased.
 
Key rolled his eyes. "Well, anything can happen in senior year. It's not like things right now will be permanent."
 
"I wish they would be." Onew said, smiling sweetly at me.
 
"Pfft. Be careful." Key cautioned us.
"Things can still change. New problems would probably emerge. Distractions, challenges, things that will most likely test what you have right now." He warned us.
 
I knew Key was just speaking practically, what he said was true, but I couldn't help but worry at the disturbed feeling that suddenly settled inside me.
 
"What are you talking about Key? Maki and I will be able to handle any problems that will come." Onew's grip on my hand tightened.
 
"I'm just saying." Key shrugged.
"You guys need to face reality. Not everything will last forever."
 
"Yah, Key. Why do you keep on speaking that way?!" Minho scolded him.
 
"I don't know..." Key mumbled.
"It's just that, these days, I can't wait to be a senior, for us to be seniors, but I really keep on having this premonition you know..."
 
"What kind of premonition?" Mika looked a little scared.
 
"That...something unpredictable will happen."
 
"Something unpredictable always happens, hyung." Taemin said.
 
"Yeah. But...I don't know. Something that will affect us all. Aish! I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, I might be wrong! So, let's not talk about it anymore." Key said dismissively.
 
Onew must've noticed my silence because he suddenly kissed my forehead.
"Key was just uttering nonsense." He tried to assure me.
"And if anything does get in our way, we'll fight it together, right?" He looked at me intently.
 
"Of course." I mumbled, but I still can't shake that eerie feeling. I hope Key is just really uttering nonsense.
 
"Anyway, we have a problem!" Taemin announced.
We all looked at him.
"What about us?" Taemin gestured to Mizuki and to himself.
 
"What about you two?" Minho frowned.
 
"It's our turn to be juniors. And I heard that there's a particular subject we should watch out for."
 
"Really?" Jonghyun seemed amused.
"What?"
 
"Home economics? Flower arrangements?" Mizuki guessed.
 
"Huh. That one was fun." Key said.
 
"Nope. Not that. All I heard was that it's called The Dating Subject or something."
 
Mizuki snorted. "That's not something to watch out for.
That actually seems like a fun subject!" She looked at me knowingly.
"Right, unnie?" She teased and I made a face at her.
"Ssh!"
 
"I agree with Mizuki. Dating subject is definitely fun!" Onew laughed.
 
"I told you." Mizuki nodded at Taemin.
 
"But why do we have to study dating?! Is that some kind of a joke? Pfft." Taemin made a face.
 
I looked at Onew in alarm, those words sure do seem familiar...
 
"Taemin, what's wrong with you? Dating is not something difficult! Seriously." She shook her head.
"Should I tutor you while we take that subject?" Mizuki asked jokingly.
 
This time, it was Onew who looked at me in alarm.
 
I just blinked back at him.
"Do you think it will be a bad thing?"
 
He laughed. "Definitely not, because it looks like it's not just us who's going to discover the magic of the dating subject." He whispered to me and I squeezed his hand in agreement.
 
"Don't worry, Taem." I turned to him and ruffled his hair playfully as everything came back to me:
Asking Onew's help, making the list, being clueless, unknowingly falling for Onew, almost losing him, finally figuring out everything, getting him back, and experiencing how it is to love and be loved.
 
All because we had the dating subject. 
 
"Because I can assure you..." I smiled, looking at Onew. "That it's going to be one heck of a fun and interesting lesson."
 

 


class notes
onew-icon-3.jpg
 

 

YEAHH. I FINALLY FINISHED THIS.

Thank you, thank you, thank you my dear classmates who never stopped studying until the end. You guys deserve a huge A+! Plus lots of hugs and kisses~ ;*

 

Thank you, you! For helping Maki figure out her feelings and for being awesome fangirls to our favorite class president!

 

I hope the ending didn't disappoint (much...)

 

Who here loves Onew more now? Raise your right hand, yo! Lol :))

 

Who needs more lessons?

You do? Really?

 

Because I won't be adding more. Kidding!

 

Aigoo, now it really does like the end for me. Once again, thank you classmates! You don't know how your recitations always cheered me up and made me not give up on this thing.

 

I never really thought anyone would read this at all. Haha :) I love you so much for wasting your time on it! :))

 

Oh, and can you please tell me which 'lesson' aka chapter you liked the most and which lesson made you want to

quit school? It would really help me a lot in improving! v^_^

 

If you love this fic, it would make me happy if you can spare 5 seconds to upvote it. :)

 

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. 

 

Want more ONEW? :)

one

two

three/four/five [these three are all connected]

six