Aftermath: Graduation.

✎♥The Dating Subject♥✎
He asked my mom's permission to take me out to dinner.
To which my mom immediately agreed to with the condition that I had to be home by 10pm.
 
Wow. Usually, my curfew is 8pm, looks like my mom really does approve of Onew.
 
Mizuki helped me to go shopping while Key, Minho, and Taemin tagged along.
Key and Mizuki almost had the same taste in clothes and accessories and I knew my sister was swooning the whole time because she was acting like she was on drugs again.
 
"Hey guys, do you want me to treat you to a snack?" Taemin proposed.
 
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Mizuki shouted happily, visibly looking like a drug addict.
 
I elbowed her discreetly. "You're too obvious!" I whispered to her.
 
"Oh unnie! Don't be such a nerd! I'm having the time of my life!" Then she stepped closer to Minho.
I shook my head. I have to make sure she doesn't go berserk or whatever.
 
"Oh no." Minho groaned. Mizuki and I looked at him weirdly.
Well, I did anyway. Mizuki was still in a daze.
"I know exactly what 'snack' he's going to treat us to."
 
"What?" I asked, curious.
 
"You'll find out." Minho said grimly.
 
10 minutes later, we were on a counter in Taemin's favorite snack bar, sipping banana milk shakes.
"I didn't know banana milk shakes exist." I commented.
 
"Yeah, noona. It's pretty new! But it's super good, huh?" He beamed.
 
"Yeah!" I agreed then glanced at my sister. She was staring at her own shake with an unreadable expression.
 
"What's the matter, Mizuki? Don't you like it?" Key asked.
 
"Ah, she's just quiet because she tasted heaven. Right, Mizuki?" Taemin winked at her.
Mizuki didn't say anything.
"She's not a fan of banana milks." I explained. More like she's anti banana milk.
 
"Is that so?" Taemin looked surprised. "Why didn't you say so earlier Mizuki? I could've gotten you another one. What flavor do you want anyway?" He got his wallet.
 
"Really?" My sister perked up.
I shook my head, she isn't even shy about asking to be treated again.
 
"Aigoo. I'll do it. Come on, Mizuki." Minho stood up and Mizuki suddenly had a really big smile on her face.
 
"Yah." Taemin stood up quickly too. "I want to treat her! I got this hyung." Then he quickly helped Mizuki out of her seat. 
Minho just shrugged and sat back down while Taemin and Mizuki went off to look at the other flavors.
 
"Who's going to drink this?" Key pointed to Mizuki's untouched shake.
 
"We should have it wrapped for Jonghyun hyung." Minho suggested.
 
"Yeah."
 
"What about Onew?"
 
"He has his own preparations. He's not going to bother with shakes." Key shrugged.
 
"Oh."
 
--
 
Before I went out with Onew, Mizuki and Mika came up with a list and showed it to me.
"What is this?" I blinked at them.
 
"Read." Mika commanded.
 
I sat down on my bed and began to read:
 
ELEMENTS OF A GOOD DATE:
1. He should compliment you once he sees you.
2. Flowers and chocolates are a must!
3. He must have a really nice car + he should open the door for you.
4. The sounds inside the car should be romantic.
5. He should hold your hand while driving.
6. He should compliment you continuously.
7. The restaurant should be nice, classy, and romantic!
8. He should open the restaurant's door for you.
9. He should have made reservations ahead of time.
Note: you can check this through the waiter, of course!
10. He should be a gentleman and pull open the chair for you.
11. He should let you order!
12. Price should not matter.
13. He should compliment you again.
14. He should not be boring and not talk about himself the whole date!
15. Wine is optional because you're just in HS. But if he orders wine, then okay.
16. Dessert is another must!
17. He should gaze at you and only you the whole evening.
18. He should bring you somewhere nice after dinner. 
Note:You know what nice means here, right?
19. He brings you home before curfew like a real gentleman.
20. He should give you a goodnight kiss on your doorstep.
21. I love you + a goodnight and sweetdreams is in order too.
*VERY important note: He should be a gentleman throughout the whole date! As in opens and closes the doors for you, guides you to your chair, holds your hand, etc.
 
When I finished the list, I was shocked.
"What the hell is this?" I stared at the both of them.
 
"Hey! CosmoTeen said those are very essential in a date!" Mizuki was defensive.
 
"Yeah, Mak! It's the only way you'll know if Onew is the perfect boyfriend." Mika backed my sister up.
 
"I already know he is! I don't need this list! Plus, the compliment thing sounds so weird! Why does he have to compliment me the whole time?!" I complained.
 
"Uh. Duh. You went through a lot to look your best tonight." Mika rolled her eyes.
 
"I didn't do much. Plus, Onew actually paid for this dress." I looked down at my outfit.
 
"He did?" Mizuki looked surprised.
 
"Yeah. He gave Key the money, although he asked him to keep it a secret. But you know Key." I shrugged.
They both nodded knowingly.
 
"I guess he passed the first test then." Mika rolled her eyes.
 
"Stop acting so silly, both of you! You're acting like this is prom night or whatever." I strapped my heels on.
 
"Hey. You're wearing heels now?" Mika looked surprised.
 
"I have to." I sighed and stood up, wobbling a little. "He paid for this too."
 
"Lucky." Mizuki commented.
 
"Yeah. How come Jjong doesn't buy me stuffs like that?!" Mika frowned.
 
"Are you and Jjong official then?!" I looked at her in surprise.
 
"Uh...No." Mika looked away.
 
"You are! Aren't you?!" I sat back down and shook her.
 
"No. We're not." She looked at me. "Nothing's official." She bit her lip.
 
"Really? I don't see Jonghyun oppa with any other girl than you, unnie." Mizuki raised her eyebrows.
 
"You don't?" Mika looked happy.
 
"Well, he's obviously sticking with you. That must mean something for a playboy like him." I said and stood up again.
 
"I guess." Mika looked really happy.
Pfft. As if her acting works. I can totally see through her. She and Jjong are obviously a notch above being just friends.
 
I continued to brushed my hair again when I heard the doorbell rang.
"He's here!" I said excitedly and put down my brush and hurried out of the room, wobbling a little.
 
"Hey! Hey! What are you doing?" Mika stopped me.
 
"Onew's here." I grabbed my small purple tote bag which Mika lent me.
 
"Don't you know the cardinal rule of dates?" She frowned.
 
"What?" I asked, confused.
 
"Duh. You have to make him wait! Always! Or else you'll seem eager!" She scolded me.
 
"Oh." I didn't know that.
 
My mom was waiting at the door.
"Should I open it already?" She looked amused.
 
"Oh no, 5 more minutes please." Mika looked at the clock pointedly.
 
I sighed and after 3 minutes, I asked, "Can I go now?"
 
"No! Maki!" Mika scolded me and continued to stare at the clock.
Onew, however, didn't ring the bell again.
I walked near the door, itching to open it, but Mika pulled me back.
 
"Now?" My mom asked, looking at Mika.
 
"3..2..1. Yes! Now!" Mika nodded in approval.
 
My mom opened the door and there was Onew, all dressed up.
I heard Mizuki take a breath. He looks so handsome!
"Uh...Good evening Mrs. Teppei." He smiled nervously, clutching a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates. "Is my jagi--" He stopped and blushed. "Er..I mean, is Maki ready?"
 
My mom smiled kindly. "Yes, I think so. Come on in." She opened the door wider.
 
"Thank you." He bowed and smiled and stepped inside.
He stood a little awkwardly at first then he gazed down to inspect his bouquet.
 
I tried to hurry to him but Mika stopped me, whispering, "Don't rush to him! You'll look too excited! Walk! Walk!" She instructed.
Arg.
 
I frowned. "Fine." I muttered back.
I walked slowly, this is a good idea, I realized, since I'm not too keen on heels yet.
"Hey Onew." I smiled at him shyly, feeling nervous.
 
He looked up from the bouquet. "Oh, hey." He brightened up.
"You look beautiful." He went up to me and kissed my cheeks.
"This is for you." He handed me the bouquet and the chocolates.
 
"Thank you. You look very nice too." I complimented him back.
 
Mizuki took the flowers and chocolates for me. "Have fun you two!" She said happily.
 
Onew nodded and smiled at her and Mika. "I promise to have her home by 10pm. Thank you again, Mrs. Teppei." He told my mom and we walked out.
 
Oh thank goodness, that part is over. How weird. It really feels like prom night or whatever.
"After you." He opened the door of the car for me.
 
"Hey. You have a car?" It was a nice car. I don't know how to describe it since I'm not into cars so much.
 
"It's my dad's. I'll get mine in college." He smiled and closed the door for me.
Then he looked at me, eyes twinkling, his hands on the steering wheel.
"Ready?"
 
--
 
ONEW'S POV
 
"Are you okay?" She asked me.
 
"Y-yes. Of course. Why do you ask?" I glanced at her.
 
"I don't know...you seem nervous...?" She said unsurely.
Or is it just me?
 
Is the music too loud or what?
4men's Baby Baby was on. Should I change it?
Probably not. She's humming along to it.
 
The light was red so I turned my full attention to her.
I had no idea someone could look more beautiful.
 
I breathed a smile.
"You look really nice."
 
She smiled. "Thanks. I like your suit."
 
"Do you?" I glanced down, pleased.
I really tried to look my best tonight.
I reached over and held her hand.
"Tonight will be perfect."
I promised her.
 
She smiled back.
"It already is."
 
--
 
I opened the door for her.
"We're here." I said nervously.
 
She got out of the car and held my hand.
"Wow. Not a chicken shop this time." She teased.
 
I laughed. "Variety is always good."
 
"Good evening sir. Table for how many?" The waiter greeted us.
 
"I have a reservation." I gave the details.
 
"Right this way, sir." He led us to a table by the window with a nice scenery, overlooking the twinkling lights of the city.
 
Okay, I am so nervous! Me! Just a mere high school student! Okay, so I'm the class president but I totally don't feel like one right now. I feel like I'm some rich man taking his girl on a very expensive date or something.
 
I held her chair open for her.
"Thanks." She smiled.
 
I nodded and sat down across from her.
"Whew." I mumbled. This is it. This is the start.
Our first real--
 
"Are you okay, Onew?" She looked at me puzzledly.
 
"Of course." I blinked.
 
"Are you actually...nervous around me?"
 
Should I tell the truth?
I looked into her eyes.
"Yes." I mumbled.
 
"Why?"
 
"I just want this night to be perfect. I just want to make sure you're happy. I want to make sure this will be the best--"
 
She suddenly placed her hand softly on my cheeks.
"This, I'm sure, will be the best date ever."
 
--
 
MAKI'S POV
 
Well, Onew got rid of his nervousness soon enough. That's really cute. I never thought he could get nervous around me.
After my reassurances, he started to relax more and became more like the old Onew.
 
He was so sweet the whole night.
So I won't really go into the details of the date but it really is the best date I've ever had.
 
Well, okay. It's not like I've been on many dates before, but I just know every date I will have with him will be the best.
 
As for the list Mika and Mizuki gave me...well...
 
He was a gentleman for the whole night. But he always was a gentleman, so I doubt he had to work on it.
And no, he didn't order wine. He did asked me though if I wanted some but I told him I'm not really into wines and so was he.
And he let me picked my own food, any food from the menu.
I was actually quite hesitant because they were expensive but he didn't mind.
And he ordered dessert.
 
After dinner, he took me to this place I'm not familiar with. It was a building of some sort, I forgot the name, but he took me to the rooftop and together, we gazed at the stars.
 
"Are you cold?" He slipped out of his coat and put it around my shoulders.
 
I leaned my head on his shoulder and we continued to watch the stars.
"Thank you Onew." I held his hand.
 
"We should do this every week." He murmured, my hair.
 
"We'll go dutch, then?" I looked up at him.
He shook his head.
"You'll go bankrupt." I made a face.
 
"I'll work." He winked.
 
"Pfft. You already have so many duties." I put my arms around him.
 
"I don't mind." He kissed my forehead.
 
"I mind. A lot."
 
"When it comes to you, I'll do anything."
 
"Mr. Stubborn." I made a face.
 
"Who is just perfect for Ms. Clueless."
He laughed.
"Hey, I have something for you. For us, actually."
 
I slipped my arms off him. "What? You didn't buy something expensive again, did you?" I glowered at him a little.
 
He kissed my nose. "I could never understand why you hate it when I buy something expensive for you." He shook his head a little.
"But, no. This time, I didn't buy anything pricey." He brought out something from his pocket.
"Remember this?"
 
I gasped. It was the couple rings! The one he won with the flowers from the jumping love contest!
"I forgot you had those!"
 
He smiled. "I kept them. I had a feeling I'll use them on the right girl one day."
I beamed at him.
"I would've picked another design, but this one actually holds memories."
 
I nodded. "It's perfect. Plus, I think the knot is pretty."
 
"May I?" He stepped closer to me. I spread out my right hand.
He shook his head. "No, your left hand." He grinned.
 
"Why left? Does a rule apply to couple rings too?"
 
He laughed."No. Not really. The ring finger on your left hand contains your vena amoris." 
 
"Uhm...what's that?"
 
He grinned widely.
"YES! I think this proves I'm still second in class! I actually know something scientifically that you don't!" He teased.
I stucked out my tongue.
He laughed."Your vena amoris is a vein that's directly connected to your..." He took my hand and placed it in his chest.
"Heart." He smiled.
 
"Wow. Really?" I said wonderingly.
"Put it in my ring finger then." I held out my left hand.
 
He laughed again and slipped it on.
"My turn." I smiled at him and took the other ring and slipped it on his ring finger.
 
When I finished, I gazed at it admiringly. I never thought wearing couple rings would be this nice. The last time I wore one, I didn't feel this happy.
"This time...I'll never take it off. Ever."
 
I smiled a little. "Promise?"
 
He raised my hand up to his lips and kissed it.
"Promise. I love you."
 
I put my arms around his neck. "I love you too."
 
--
 
After two weeks, we went to the park again, one of our favorite places.
But this time, we went there at night.
 
As I sat on the picnic mat Onew laid out for us, my eyes scanned the park.
It was a little empty and the wind was blowing soft.
 
It was truly a lovely night.
 
Now that I think about it, technically this is where we had our first date.
I was still so clueless then.
 
"Jagiya!" He ran towards me, smiling happily.
 
"Someone's happy." I teased, laughing.
 
"Come on!" He pulled on my hand and I stood up.
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"I'm going to show you how much I love you." He beamed.
 
"Is that so?" I gripped his hand tightly.
 
He brought me to the grassy hill in the park.
"Can we lay down and look at the stars?" He asked pulling me down with him.
I nodded and laid down with him.
 
He pulled me closer until my head was resting on his chest.
Again, I marvel at how beautiful the sound of his heartbeats were.
I loved listening to them especially when he told me that every one of those heartbeats was because of me.
 
"See that?" He pointed to the farthest star to the left.
 
"Where?" I strained to look.
 
"There. The leftmost star. The one we can't see clearly right now."
 
"Well, you're right. I can't see it clearly." I blinked, squinting my eyes.
I felt his laughter before I heard it.
 
"That leftmost star...up to there.." He traced the sky from left to right with his finger.
"From the leftmost star to the rightmost star..." He looked down at me and kissed my forehead softly.
"That even though you don't see those two stars, you'll know, that's how wide my love is for you." 
 
--
 
After laying down for a while, we decided to sit up and gaze at the stars more.
Well, I was gazing at the stars, Onew was playing with my hand which was entwined with his while looking at the ring.
"Hey, you know you should call me oppa now. Onew oppa~ Hmm...Jinki oppa~" He said slowly, testing it.
"I like it." He beamed at me.
 
"Oh." I shrugged.
"Okay. Is it because you're older, oppa~? I mean, Onew oppa~?" I teased halfheartedly because I remembered Jessica a little.
 
"No." He looked at me. "Not because I'm older by months."
 
"Then what?"
 
"It's because...I'm yours now." His eyes sparkled.
 
I smiled. "It's a little weird though."
 
"Why?"
 
"Jessica used to call you that. Whenever I hear someone saying oppa, I automatically think of her. She keeps on calling you that, I actually thought you were a couple."
I looked down and made a face.
 
"Oh. So oppa's out then?" He pouted.
 
I laughed."I'd call you that, if you want. But I really prefer..." I placed my hand on his cheeks.
"Yobo." and punctuated it with a kiss.
 
"Then yobo, it is." He pulled me closer to him.
I leaned on him.
"Hey, can I ask you something?"
 
"What?" I sat up straight and looked at him.
 
His eyes twinkled again and he fished something out his pockets.
"Are these still available?" He held up something.
 
"The coupons!" My mouth dropped open.
 
"Yeah." He grinned. "So, are these still good? I don't see any expiration dates." He inspected them.
 
"I thought you didn't like them." I crossed my arms.
 
"Why would you think that?" He continued to flip through it.
 
"I saw your reaction when you found them in your lockers. You just shoved them in your bag as if they're nothing." I mumbled.
 
"I'm sorry. It was one of those times I was trying to convince myself that I shouldn't be inlove with you anymore. But you...always looking sad and always apologizing...and the coupons! You made forgetting about you impossible!" He sighed.
"But of course, I kept them safe...and even flipped through them every night. I mean, that was the only thing you left with me..." His voice sounded sad.
 
"Well, trying to get over you wasn't easy." I confessed.
"You left too many things everywhere. The flowers, chocolates, even ramyeon! And even song lyrics had me thinking about you. Not to mention quizzes...and lockers...and..and..."
 
He silenced me with a kiss.
"I don't regret giving any of those things to you. Especially since every single one of them signifies a part of my love for you."
 
"...and even Mr. Cownew which I have to sleep next to every night.." I muttered, still remembering the hurt I felt everytime I see things that reminds me of him.
 
"What?" He tilted his head.
 
"Nothing." I sighed.
 
"I want to sleep next to you every night too." He smiled, clearly mishearing what I just said.
 
I smiled a little. "So...Do you like the coupons?"
 
"Yes." He beamed. "So...they're still usable, right?"
 
"I guess." I said nonchalantly.
 
"Awesome." He browsed through them.
"I want to use this first!" He gave the coupon to me.
 
I looked at it. "Coupon#6, huh?" I rolled my eyes playfully.
 
"Yes." He gave me an adorable smile. "Can I get my free kiss now?"
I laughed and pulled him to me and did as the coupon said.
"I'm keeping this." He said breathlessly, pocketing the 6th coupon again.
 
"Yah. You can't use that again!" I scolded him jokingly.
 
"There's no note here that says I can't use this anymore. Plus, it says here 100 free kisses! I'm entitled to 99 more~" He grinned.
"Hmm..what else? Oh and this one...and then this one..and this one.." He gave me the coupons in the order of his choice.
"Can we do all these?" He bit his lip and smiled at me happily.
 
I laughed. "Of course."
 
"Even the massage?" His eyes twinkled.
Darn Mika! That one was her idea!
 
"I guess." I rolled my eyes.
 
He smiled slyly. "Yes!"
I shook my head.
"Can we start with the other coupons now? Like the hug coupon?" He started to put his arms around me.
 
"Hey. Wait. Before we start...I need to say something first." I smiled back at him mysteriously.
 
"What is it?" He looked curious.
 
"Wait here, okay?" I ran back to our picnic mat where I left my bag.
"Well...I kind of need help with a subject again." I began, once I got back on his side.
 
He laughed. "Seriously? And what subject is that, my ramyeon girl?"
 
"Promise you won't get mad?"
 
"Of course not. But can we use tactile learning again?" He teased.
 
I nodded, trying to look serious. "I believe tactile learning would be the only perfect tool to be used for this subject."
 
"That's great!" He looked happy. "Tactile learning is the best! The last time I decided to use it to tutor a student, she actually became mine." He winked.
I laughed.
"So..what subject is it?" His curiousity came back.
 
"Well..." I opened my bag and carefully brought out the book I bought days ago.
 
A new book.
A new subject.
 
"This." I showed it to him and watched in fascination as his curious face turned into surprise then to a happy one.
 
"The Couple Book?" His voice sounded amazed.
He looked at me in awe and I gave him an innocent smile. "You're right! Tactile learning really is the best for this." He grinned.
 
"I told you so." I beamed at him.
 
His eyes sparkled with happiness. "I think this will be better than our dating subject."
 
"I think so too." I entwined my fingers with his.
 
"Know that?" He kissed my cheeks.
 
"What?"
 
"I think it's time for a new lesson again." His smile reached to his eyes and he proceeded to open the book.
I laughed and did my best to pay attention to my favorite teacher.
"Chapter 1..."
 

 
class notes
onew-icon-3.jpg
 

Okay, one tiny, tiny more chapter. ;)