NO MORE LESSONS: Class Dismissed.

✎♥The Dating Subject♥✎
WARNING:
MAY CAUSE SADNESS AND HATE FOR THE AUTHOR.
*scrambles away and hides*
 

At dismissal, Mika went off to glee club, surprisingly, Jonghyun fetched her from our room.
Hmmm..
I went to the library for a while to catch up on my studies since I was depressed these days so I really can't concentrate at all.
After that, I walked in our school garden. But I ended up feeling sadder seeing the beautiful flowers there when mine were wilting in my room.
 
I walked to my locker and passed by the room Jessica was in yesterday.
I didn't peek in this time.
I don't need to see them together anymore.
I've had enough of this stupid heartbreak.
---
 
I walked home sadly. I really thought that today, I would've been able to tell Onew what I felt. But everytime I see the chance, Jessica would pop out of nowhere and knock out every confidence in my body.
The girlfriend was there.
 
What could I do?
 
I absently walked and walked.
I wasn't even looking up. I continued to stare at the ground as I walk, remembering every single moment I had with Onew.
The park, the ice cream, the flowers, the chicken shop, our house, the grocery, the contest, the warehouse, the friendly date, the--
*/BEEP! BEEP!
 
What was that?
 
I looked up in horror.
A car was coming towards me.
 
The driver looked horrified, it was obvious he wouldn't be able to stop in time.
I, on the other hand, am frozen. The way I always react in panic situations.
 
I'm going to die.
That was the first thing that popped into my mind.
 
I shut my eyes tight.
Everything was happening so fast.
I didn't even get to spend so much time with my family, see Mika get into glee club, be the top student, graduate, tell Onew I love him...
 
OOF!
 
"OUCH!" I shouted.
A heavy force came crashing to me.
Soon enough, I was rolling on the sidewalk with the heavy force.
Owww. Is this what being hit by a car feels like?
 
"Are you okay?! MAKI! ARE YOU OKAY?!" The heavy force screamed at my face.
Reluctantly, I opened my eyes.
And the first thing I saw was Onew.
 
"Am I dead?" I asked him. I must be. I mean, he's talking to me again! This won't happen in real life...right?
 
"Oh, thank goodness you're okay! I thought...I thought I lost you." He hugged me close.
 
"Am I dreaming?" I continued with my senseless questions.
 
Onew released me and inspected me. "You're bleeding! Your elbow is bleeding!" He panicked.
 
But I just blinked. "Onew?!" Is this truly reality or did I really get hit by the car and now my family just placed me in a dream program where I'm supposed to live the rest of my life in really good moments but really I'm paralyzed forever.
 
Like in repomen.
 
"Wait...I got you." Onew fumbled with his bag, looking for something.
 
"Onew? Are you really here?" I asked finally.
 
"Yes. You're not dreaming, okay?" I thought I saw a small smile lurking in his lips, but I'm not sure.
 
"What are you doing here?" I tried to sit up properly in the pavement.
 
He didn't answer. Instead, he took out some bandages.
"What were you doing anyway?!" He looked annoyed.
"You were walking like a dead person! You could've been killed!" He scolded me angrily.
But at that moment, I didn't care that he was scolding me at all.
 
He was talking to me again.
 
"And what were you doing staring at the ground, anyway?! You were crossing the street for goodness sakes!" He continued to scold me but all I can think about is the fact that he's here again.
By my side.
 
Before I knew it, I was crying.
"I-I'm sorry, Onew." I sobbed and he stopped talking.
"I'm sorry, okay?! You were right and I was wrong!" I continued to cry.
"I NEED YOU, OKAY?! I FREAKING NEED YOU! I'm miserable without you! There! I said it! Now will you please stop ignoring me and accept my apology already?!" I looked at him tearfully.
 
OMO! I can't believe I just said that!
 
But Onew was just looking at me and once again, I was holding my breath, half expecting his rejection like he did to me before.
To my surprise though, his face broke out into a smile.
 
A huge, real smile.
"I KNEW IT! YOU NEED ME!" He said happily.
 
"W-what?" I was dumbfounded.
 
He smiled proudly. "You need me!" He grinned.
 
I just stared at him, confused.
So, so confused.
 
"You're...not mad?" I asked feebly.
 
"Mad?" He laughed. "I was never mad at you. How could I be mad at my park buddy, my ramyeon girl, my yobo?" He smiled at me slyly.
 
But all I can think about was...
WHAT?!
 
"What?!" I blurted out.
 
"Listen," He looked at my bleeding elbow.
"Let's go somewhere else. It's a little weird just being here in the pavement." He grinned.
 
But I really didn't care, at least he was talking to me again.
Even if it's crazy talk.
 
We went on the park and sat on the benches.
I stared at him while he tended to my bleeding elbow.
"Does it hurt?" He looked worried.
I didn't answer.
"Does it?" He looked at me.
 
"What were you doing back there, Onew? I mean, I didn't even know you were behind me!"
Oh wait. I forgot that he takes the same way home.
"Oh, neverm--"
 
"I was following you." He shrugged.
 
"What? You were following me?! How?!"
 
He snorted. "I'm a ninja! Didn't you know that?" Then he started to do some weird hand moves.
 
But all I could do was stare at him.
Ninja?! I can't believe I like a guy who thinks he's a ninja.
 
Then he got serious.
"I had to make sure you were okay."
I continued to stared at him, still not fully comprehending everything.
"You didn't think I'd let anything happen to you, did you?"
 
"What? But...But I thought you..."
I thought you didn't care anymore.
Was what I wanted to say, but of course, never had the guts to do so.
 
He smiled and kept his first aid kit in his bag.
"Look, I was never mad, okay?"
 
"Really? On the day we argued? But you never talked to me at all after that."
 
"Well...yeah. I was hurt by what you said but I knew you were lying. As usual." He
looked at me knowingly.
 
"You knew?" I squeaked, embarrassed.
 
"Yeah. I knew you didn't mean those things you said. Your eyes always tell a different story." He smiled again and inched closer.
 
A flashback came to me.
The way his eyes searched mine while we were arguing, and the way I kept them blank...? Angry?
I'm not sure anymore.
I didn't even know my eyes showed my true emotions.
 
Or is it just because Onew knows me so well?
 
"I was ready to talk to you again after class. But..." He started off again.
 
"But?" I prompted him.
 
"But...I decided not to. Just so you'll realize it yourself." He grinned.
 
"EH?!"
 
"It's called tactile learning." He nodded nonchalantly.
 
"Tactile learning?!" I screeched. "You have got to be kidding me!"
 
"I'm not kidding. The whole fight was a lesson." He shrugged.
 
"You're crazy!"
 
He looked hurt. "I think it was very effective."
 
"You...you..." I can't put my reaction into words.
 
"I was acting, okay? I was just acting the whole time." He explained.
 
"ACTING?!"
 
"Yeah! I'm a pretty good actor huh? Pretending to not care and not talk to you. Pretending to be mad and stuff. Honestly, I pulled it off so great!" He looked proud.
 
I wanted to strangle him.
"WHAT?! YOU PUT ME THROUGH ALL THAT FOR NOTHING?!"
 
He looked surprised. "Put you through what?"
 
"Didn't you see how miserable I was?! I kept on saying sorry and feeling bad the whole time! I thought our friendship was over! And I couldn't even concentrate on my studies! And...and.."
 
"And did you think that I enjoyed what I was doing to you?" He asked gently.
 
"Huh?"
 
"Did you not think of the way I felt when I had to ignore you? There were times I almost gave in to you because I've never seen you so hurt, and you don't know how seeing you hurt kept on breaking me." He continued and I was speechless.
"But I always watched you, Maki. I always saw your confusion and most of the time, I wanted to clear your doubts. But I had to resist. That was the hardest. And you hardly ate anymore." He looked down at my waist and frowned.
"And even though you thought I was mad at you, I always made sure you were okay." He said softly.
 
"But..."
 
"I always followed you home." He bit his lip.
"I had to make sure.. because most of the time you weren't yourself. You were always walking...well like the way you were walking a while ago. I was worried something might happen to you. I needed to be on guard all the time. I will never be able to forgive myself if anything happened to you." He looked at my elbow.
"That's also the reason why I always bring my first aid kit. Just in case..." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking embarassed.
 
"I never even noticed." I mumbled.
 
Then something clicked in my mind. Something Key and Taemin said.
"Is that why you're still dismissing meetings early?"
 
"Yeah..." Then he looked at me, surprised.
"Hey wait! How did you know that?"
 
Oops.
 
"I forgot."
He looked at me suspiciously then he laughed.
I was caught again. Aish.
 
"Are you still mad?" He asked.
 
"N-No." I looked down. It's not like I had a right to be.
 
"Did you know why I always ignored your apologies?"
 
I looked up. "Speaking of which...Yes. I would like to know why. I mean, I did everything I could. Were my apologies not good enough?" I questioned him.
 
He pursed his lips. "Actually...every single one of them was enough. But...you didn't spoke the words I wanted to hear."
 
"I always said I was sorry!"
 
"Not that." He looked down.
 
"I regret it?" I guessed.
 
"No."
 
"I was wrong and you were right all along?" I tried again.
 
He smiled a little. "No... Not that."
 
"Then what?"
 
"I..." He cleared his throat. "I wanted to hear you say that you needed me." He said quickly.
 
I stared at him. "WHAT?! But...surely you already knew I needed you! You were my tutor after all! And my friend and I'm in--" I stopped myself in time before the words I'm not supposed to say tumble out.
 
"Well...That's not what you told me at the lockers. I really thought I was nothing to you.." He looked sad.
How can this pabo think that?
I just shook my head in disbelief.
 
"I mean...I was just up all night thinking, how could it be that I meant nothing to someone who meant everything to me?" He said softly.
 
"W-What?" Did I just hear that last statement RIGHT??
 
"It was really hard for me.." I looked at him and saw that he was staring at the swings.
"I had to stay away from you. And not being with you...and seeing you sad almost all the time...I couldn't smile anymore." He sighed.
"Sometimes I wonder if the plan was worth it. Because in order to make you realize, I had to go away." He finally looked at me.
"And I always worried that you wouldn't be able to forgive me one day."
 
"I thought YOU wouldn't forgive ME!" I in.
 
"Why would you think that?" He looked at me weirdly.
 
"How could I not?"
 
"Anyway, I knew the last straw was at the reporting. You really were something that day!" He looked at me admiringly.
I blushed. He had  to bring that up.
 
"I made a fool out of myself. I can't help it. It's your fault." I pouted childishly.
 
He laughed. "It's okay. Blame everything on me."
Then he got serious again.
"But you know what was difficult for me? That I would not be able to give you flowers anymore. I wouldn't be able to give you chocolates or even look your way. I can't walk you home or sing to you, and the hardest part was that I couldn't even do this anymore." He suddenly held my hand.
"But I always cared. Always. You felt that, right?" He looked at me.
 
"But...you were avoiding me completely." I murmured, looking down.
 
"Not completely. That is way out of my capacity. But... it's worth it, right? My staying away from you, is it an effective idea? I thought through this, you were going to learn something. And I'm correct, aren't I? You learned something?" He looked at me hopefully.
"And besides, you aced the last quiz!" He looked happy.
 
"But you didn't."
 
"Yeah. It's no big deal though."
 
"Was that my fault?"
 
"Yes." He looked at me sideways and laughed.
"The essay reminded me of you and I kept on being distracted."
 
"Me too." I admitted.
 
"But you still aced it!" He grinned.
"I'm such a great tutor, huh?"
 
"But still, you didn't need to do that. You know, staying away."
 
"But it was still a great idea, right?"
 
"I don't think so." It accidentally slipped out and I bit my lip.
 
His smile got wider.
"But I'm here now." He gripped my hand tighter.
"And I promise I won't do it again."
 
"Promise?"
 
"Yes." He whispered and leaned closer to me.
 
I put my head in his shoulders.
"Let's never ever fight again."
 
"Definitely. I don't think I'm that strong." He murmured.
 
"So...what should we do now?" I lifted my head up.
 
"I don't know. I guess we should kiss again." He joked, his eyes twinkling and I punched his arm playfully.
"Should we eat?" He grinned widely.
"Because of you, I wasn't able to enjoy my chickens at all." He made a face.
 
"Pfft. And you made my chocolates taste bad." I made a face too.
 
He laughed.
I stared at him as he laughed.
I missed that. I missed his laugh and his smile.
Everything.
 
"Your smile is back." I was mesmerized.
 
"You missed my smile again. I guess you really do like me." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.
 
"Your smile is one of my favorite things." I mumbled accidentally.
 
"What's that?" He looked at me.
 
"Nothing!" I blushed.
This would've been the perfect opportunity to tell him the truth but before I got the chance, he stood up and offered his hand to me.
"Let's go!"
 
"Where?" I asked.
 
He tilted his head. "I thought we were going to eat?"
 
"Yeah. Okay." I was still thinking if I should tell him or not.
 
He grabbed my bag. "Hey, I missed this. Carrying two bags at once." He grinned at me and held my hand.
"Hey, you know what's going on with Mika and Jjong?" He asked, while we walked.
 
"All I know is that Jonghyun is mentoring her to get in the glee club." I shrugged.
 
"What?" He looked surprised.
"That's weird. Auditions are closed. Officially, no one can get in the clubs anymore." He frowned, thinking.
 
"Wait?! What?" I was angry. Is Jonghyun just tricking Mika?!
He'll be dead, that's for sure. I'll punch his lights out.
 
"Unless.." Onew began.
 
"Unless?"
 
"Hmm..."
 
"Unless what?!" I asked urgently.
 
He looked at me. "Unless Jjong will pull some strings. Which will be surprising because if he gets caught, that'll cost him his position." He frowned again.
"Although Jjong did ask me about those policies last week..."
He trailed off.
"But I wasn't myself. Since..you know." He looked at me.
Yeah, I know. Because we were still arguing back then.
"But Jjong actually seems to take your friend seriously. So I wouldn't worry." He assured me.
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"He's never been with one girl for more than 5 minutes." He grinned.
 
"Oh." Typical Jonghyun.
 
"Trust me. Plus, I'll back him up so he won't lose his position."
Wow. Friendship.
 
"Ready?" We stopped walking and I looked up.
"Aish. Chicken?" I made a face.
 
"Don't complain!" He grinned.
 
We entered the shop and Wooyoung waved at us.
"Hey guys! It's been a while!" He grinned.
 
"Chicken and ramyeon, Woo." Onew smiled.
 
"Ramyeon again, huh? More tip for me!" He rubbed his hands excitedly and I laughed.
 
Onew rolled his eyes. "Fine. You'll get a tip."
 
Wooyoung looked at him weirdly.
"Not from you! From Maki-sshi!"
 
I smiled. " Sure Wooyoung! As long as--"
 
"No way!" Onew looked at me. "My treat." He said with finality.
 
"No." I made a face.
 
"Just think of the hardship you put me in these past few days.." He pouted.
 
"Then that means I have to pay, right?" I raised an eyebrow and he frowned.
"Please? I haven't done this for you for a long time." He tapped my hand.
 
"You're not under any obligation."
 
"I want you to be my obligation." He stared at me and I coughed.
 
"Err..I'm hungry." I said instead, blushing.
"Fine, you pay for this but next time..."
He looked at me.
"We're going dutch." I smiled.
 
class notes
onew-icon-3.jpg
DID I FOOL YOU GUYS WITH THE TITLE PLUS THE OPENING MESSAGE?
 
DID I? DID I??
 
I DIDN'T? D:
 
I DID?! YAYYYYY! XD
 
Lol, yeah. I'm such a dork sometimes. HAHA XDD
 
I managed to update~~ even though I have a lottttt to do! YAYYYY :D
So yayyy! they're friends again! but no confessions yet. :D
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know a lot of you want them to be friends again.<3
 
I'm sorry for the cheesiness. I missed writing about these two and their sweetness. Well, Onew's sweetness. Lol.
 
 
I love youuu~ you! And I'm sorry if I didn't get to thank you properly on your walls. D: (for the new classmates) just know that I am extremely happy that you guys enrolled and for the recitations.
 
You guys make me cry. T_T
 
PLUGGING:
ANYONE UP FOR AN ONEW TWOSHOT?
SUBSUBSUB! haha XD