Challenged Challenger

Saranghae My Teacher [abandoned sorry orz]

All eyes on me when I step out of the ring/Just like a circus…
     Well, he’s not in a circus. And he’s not Britney Spears either. But all eyes are staring at Park Chanyeol as he struts his way to the library.
     “Chanchan? What the hell happened to you? Are you trying to be Rain or Kwon Jiyong or something?” Kai commented on Chanyeol’s new look – medium brown slick hair, shaved brows, pink lips (thanks to his mother’s Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm), Chrome Hearts earring on his right earlobe and swag.
     Zelo added, “All you need is skinny jeans and you’re good to go to YG.”
     Jongup stared at him, just like the girls at the corridor.
     Chanyeol’s face turned pink as he noticed the attention he garnered. “I decided to change a bit of myself to umm, impress her.”
     “Well, you impressed us…and the ladies.”
     Chanyeol scratched his head. He’s too overwhelmed with the praises he heard and the stares he earned.
     
When it was time for his favorite subject, Filipino, he was surprised his beloved teacher didn’t notice him. He raised his hand whenever she asks a question, but she never calls his name.
     
After class, he went to the faculty room. Then he realized it’s Tuesday. He has his soccer practice. Chanyeol is a varsity player of Pacific Institute of Learning. He is a scholar – meaning he studies for free.
     “This is my first time to hate soccer practice,” he grunted. “I’ll talk to her tomorrow.

     “Wait… I sounded like we’re in a relationship.” Chanyeol just shrugged it and dragged his feet to the school grounds.

 

While Chanyeol is busy with soccer practice, Jongup and Zelo are in the library to review for the physics exam. Kai isn’t and will never be with them for he is busy flirting their topnotch classmate.
     “I wonder when Kim Jongin will change his mischievous ways,” Zelo whispered while flipping a textbook.
     Jongup showed him a paperback titled “Never, ever and forever.” The two giggled lightly. Zelo caught Jongup staring at him.
     “Jongup?”
     The two felt blood rushing to their cheeks. The quiet library grew more silent. Awkwardness is in the air.
     “Let’s go watch Chanchan practice soccer!” Jongup blurted, trying to reduce the awkward feeling.
     The librarian shot them with her killer stare. The two immediately apologized and left.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL! What the heck is wrong with you? Focus, Park, focus! Clear your mind! Goodness, the game is a few months away. Please. If your girlfriend is a distraction, use her as an inspiration instead,” his coach, Kim Hyunjoong, scolded him. “I don’t wanna add pressure to your nerve-wracking studies, but you’re the MVP last year. Our school is a legacy. We’ve never lost for the past 10 years. Please don’t disappoint your fellow Zealous Zebras. If you have problems, you can talk to me.”
     Sure, the coach’s speech is inspiring and heartwarming. But Chanyeol only heard 63% of it. The sentence that struck him was “If your girlfriend is a distraction, use her as an inspiration instead.”
     Chanyeol went back to planet Earth when a group of girls screamed “We love you Park Chanyeol! FIGHTING!” The team laughed.
     His teammate, Byun Baekhyun, joked, “Look, here’s inspiration for you! You’ve got…”
     “CHANSE!” his other teammate, Min Yoongi, continued.
     The fangirls squealed in agreement.
     While the team is busy teasing Chanyeol, Jongup and Zelo are talking about him, sitting on a bench away from the shrill screaming of the fangirls.
     “I think Chanchan’s having problems with his new look. All he wants is teacher Park’s attention, but captured everyone else’s,” Zelo told Jongup while munching on popcorn.
     Jongup grabbed some popcorn and replied, “Yeah. And teacher Park didn’t even notice it. I feel bad for him. Hey, wanna get some cherry tomatoes? I’ll treat you.”
     Zelo took his hand and pulled him off the bench. Jongup sheepishly smiled.

 

“Oppa~ last round?” Jessica Jung, the topnotch student in section A (where the four boys are also in), pleaded.
     Kai, putting his shirt on, responded, “I don’t have any rubber left. Sorry. I promise next time, it’ll be longer. And I’ll make you scream on top of your lungs.”
     “Again?”
     “Yeah, again and again, sweetheart.”