Melt

Saranghae My Teacher [abandoned sorry orz]

“Chanchan, are your legs turning somewhat jelly?” Jieun try to remove her partner’s nervousness. “You’re shaky! Calm down! You’re like a tectonic plate!”
     Chanyeol was too speechless. He’s getting anxious and swell. He knows it’s his and his partner’s grades at risk. They’ll be facing fellow classmates and schoolmates, parents and teachers. What makes Chanyeol more ambivalent is the mysterious special judge.
     What if it’s Park songsaengnim? No no no. Well, if it’s her like what Kai – er, Jongin said: It’s show time! I’m so happy songsaengnim Shin allowed us to dance in groups. Me and Jieun the PIL’s Little Sister; Jongin plus his partner that songsaengnim Do doesn’t like a.k.a. Jessica Jung; Jongup, add his tower partner Choi Sooyoung; Zelo with the Maria Clara Im Yoona. Oh! Jongin’s “girlfriend” will be there to judge, too.
     “Chanchan, Park songsaengnim is the mysterious special judge!” Sooyoung whispered to Chanyeol.
     Kai patted his shoulder. “You know na mean?”
     Chanyeol showed him his enthusiastic smile and answered, “It’s show time!”
     Jieun, Sooyoung, Jessica and Yoona cheered for Chanyeol while the JongLo couple (Kai gave the Jongup + Zelo OTP name) are still in LQ mode.
     “Jongup… are you still mad at me? Look, I’m sorry and umm… If you want, I’ll make it up to you… and ah… umm… Don’t worry about your eomma… She didn’t say anything weird about you. She just…” Zelo try to explain his side.
     Jongup did not move even a muscle. He’s just standing still facing the fragile Zelo who’s lowering his head, hiding his pink face.
     “I’m not supposed to say anything to you but–”
     “There you are Zelo!  –grabs Zelo by the wrist–  Come here you handsome creature, you! Yoona needs some cheering from her partner! And you  –points at Jongup–  go to your partner. Zelo is NOT your partner!” Sooyoung broke the tense atmosphere between them. “You’re such a meanie, Up up! I’m your partner yet you’re with Zelo. Mean, mean mean! Clear your mind and focus on dancing. Think of something that drives your passion, body and soul.”
     Sooyoung’s last sentence echoed through Jongup. She’s right. I’m acting like a ballistic boyfriend to Junhong… I forgot about this dance. I should only focus on what I love – dancing. Dancing… and Junhong…
     Meanwhile, Zelo motivates Yoona to be confident of herself. “Yoona… you’re beautiful and talented. Don’t be shy. We can do this, okay?”
     Yoona embraced him, yet still shaky. “Um… Zelo… what about you and Jongup? You seem to have some problem… You’ll be okay, right?” she tried to comfort him with a trembling voice.
     He just showed his perfect pearlies, hiding the pain. Jongup…
     Songsaengnim Do’s hated couple a.k.a. JeKa (Jessica + Kai) stayed confident and serene. Kai tried to lessen skinship with his partner for a pair of ferocious eyes are guarding him. He finds it creepy but adorable. My selfish girlfriend… Wait ‘til I make her scream.
     “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the annual Dancing the Stars! Students from class A, B and C are ready to show off their dancing skills. Our theme for this year is… CHA-CHA!
     But before we start, let’s meet our judges! First is the number one Physical Education teacher in our institute: Shin Dong Ha!” Mr. Shin stood arose from his seat and bowed. “He’s our choreographer, choir assistant teacher and a proud former SM trainee!
     “Next is the y sultress if the Zealous Zebras cheering team – Zebra Zings’ Son Gain!” Gain waved her hand and blew flying kisses to everyone.
     “Let’s also welcome the new English teacher Do Kyungsoo! Here’s a fact: she has a rumoured boyfriend who’s umm…” Kyungsoo gave the emcee a mean look to shut him up. “Well, never mind about that.
     “Last but not the least… our mysterious secret judge. Let’s give some clues about her. One: she is a language teacher. Two: she is a favourite among students. And three: she can sing, dance and play the guitar. Wanna know now? Let’s welcome… Sandara Park!” Students roared in delight to see the goddess teacher strut in style and sit with grace.
     “Now… time to dance!”

 

“Can we go home now?” Chanyeol asked. “I mean, we know class C is way better than us because they’re athletes and umm… Can we please just go home?”
     Jieun hugged him and relaxed his tense body. “Calm down, will ya?  –pats Chanyeol’s shoulders–  Just look at songsaengnim’s picture-perfect face.”
     “And besides, win or lose, we’ll always be loved by Park songsaengnim!” Jessica added.
     “Hey chicken! Don’t be scared. Haha… I sounded weird… I mean umm, Chanyeol. Don’t fret about the result about the result. What matters is that we give our best shot and Kyungsoo-ah noticed me,” smirked the jolly Kai.
     Jessica pulled Kai’s ear and excused him for some private talk.
     “You need to do some explanation. And better be sure it’s legit!”
     Man… Well, for thy love of Kyungsoo.
     Jieun and Sooyoung try their best to calm the palpitating Chanyeol while Yoona lessens the electricity between Jongup and Zelo.
     Hmmm… if only Jongup knew… hee hee… Junhong is so so so cute. But I’m quite disappointed… Hmp! You lucky Jongup, you! If I could kill you to win his heart, I really would, I really really would!  –sigh–  I HATE YOU MOON JONGUP! I REALLY DO! GRRR!!! Yoona fought Jongup in her head. She even rested her head on Zelo’s shoulder to make things worse.
     Im Yoona… you’ll pay for your insolence… You’re beautiful, adorable, majestic… All the beautiful words suit you. My eyes can’t help but feast in your picturesque view. Your naïve yet headstrong personality matches your regal face. Still, you’re going to pay for all the moral damages you’ve done. CHOI JUNHONG IS MINE… ONLY… MINE!
     “Second place goes to… class C!” the emcee announced. Class A students roared in delight to know that “class A broke the undefeated quadruple win of class C! Congratulations to the adviser, Park songsaengnim!” Class A decided to throw a victory party.
     “Jessica and Kai are going to dance!” joked Jo Kwangmin.
     Jessica corrected him, “Sorry but JONGIN is already taken by somebody else and that’s not me.”
     “Ooh…” the class exclaimed.
     All seem to be happy except Jongup. He can’t stop his overflowing fury over the heartbreaking view of Yoona embracing Zelo joyfully. Worst case scenario: Zelo hugged her back with glee. He even carried her while still wrapping his arms around Jongup’s number one rival. He left the class A’s triumphant scene, hiding his heartbreak.
     Cheers volume up as Park songsaengnim approached her children. She gave each of her students a warm hug that speaks a thousand words. But for Chanyeol, there are no words to describe the feeling that she hugged him first. Kai try to stifle his mocking laugh when Chanyeol turned ice before, during and after Park songsaengnim’s golden arms enveloped him.
     Park songsaengnim hugged me… again.


“Jong Jong! What’s with that face? I’ve prepared bulgogi for your victory party! Heey!” Youngjae said as she sat on a chair facing her apathetic son.
     “Got a love problem? Come on, you didn’t attend the victory party. Junhong’s there, you know,” Daehyun kissed his wife and accompanied his family in the dining room. “Jongup, we have a guest coming sooner or later. You don’t wanna show him that poker face, do yah?”
     “Love… it’s forever complicated, isn’t it, Cheese Dae?” Youngjae murmured to her husband as she observes her son.
     “It’s so true, Cake Jae. And I’m betting on a night he’ll smile later.”
     “Oh no! Not that, you naughty Dae! Are you saying no for tonight? I got chocolate syrup ready for–”
     Then, the doorbell rang.
     “I’ll get it,” Jongup stated. He opened the door and a sweaty Zelo carrying three large travel bags appeared. “What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be on the party with Yoona,” he questioned him with no interest at all.
     Youngjae answered, “He’s gonna stay with us since his parents are now in Chicago. Why won’t you help him carry his things?”
     A small smile cracked on Jongup’s lips.